Notices

My journal entry for...4-13-09

Old 04-14-2009, 04:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My journal entry for...4-13-09

What can I do today?
For my recovery today, I will eat healthy so that my energy level will be good and thereby I can take action! Action like this writing, reading or studying recovery material, exercising, creative creation (like Movie Maker), being with people, and doing the base things that this day calls for (meditating, going to a meeting and to yoga).
In the course of my activity I am becoming more and more conscious of not becoming so wrapped up into my doings that I become obsessed with the doing—as obsessive behavior will drain my energy, and put my brain into anxiety and result in going backward. I will be mindful, and conscious of my every breath and action. I can practice literally tasting and sipping each breath as it comes, and then consuming this air-food in my exhale and repeating the process.
I’m feeling real good about coming here and writing just now. It’s amazing how this writing opens up my mind and helps me know how I am feeling and also helps me to expand upon my thoughts and think about things as opposed to sitting in front of a television or dinner plate and becoming mind-dead. It’s also interesting how I fight the writing, put it off until tomorrow, even though I know how good it is for me…It’s like taking deep breaths when I want a cigarette—I don’t want to do the breaths when the urge comes, instead I want to smoke the cigarette, but if I do the three deep breaths I become less obsessed with smoking that cigarette.
Old 04-14-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Good stuff ksplash!
Old 04-14-2009, 07:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

You have a way with the words.. Thanks for sharing, it makes me want to get out there and do all the things I say I will and end up not doing, out of laziness..

Thats all I have this early in the morning, thanks!