Notices

Biked & drinking again today

Old 04-11-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Biked & drinking again today

it was a great ride but kinda boring flat for 53 miles. Then I got home to a chaos mess which reminds me of the movie. My wife and 4 children left for grandparents house over the weekend. So, I screwed up again and then watched Marley & Me again. I was going to put my comments on my Facebook but then I thought I better not because of family, friends, and co-workers...even the young Chief Human Resource Officer (which makes me wonder why he gets an executive job while I stay stuck in a dead-end job).

Okay, enough of that. Gen X don't like to complain too much like the Baby Boomers (it's TRUE! That's why they always have meetings! :-). I really want to finish the rest of the movie after John's birthday. I mean, I want John's life. It reminds me to get help, find a new career/promotion again, and move to a new home for the busy family. But, well, I guess that's why it's an addiction just like it happened to my uncle.

Then again, I wonder...maybe I should envy that skid-row bum under the bridge. He has no worries! Even without a leg!
Old 04-11-2009, 01:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm sorry that you decided to drink again.

I hope you find peace.
Old 04-11-2009, 01:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(sigh!) I still trust tht will be the end in glory, at least ONE day.
Old 04-11-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

I really find hard to relate to any movie, especially one that compresses like fifteen years of a lifetime on a hour fifty on a DVD. And especially hard to relate to a movie like Marley and Me. This is other people we are talking about and yes, at the same times it talks about every each of us. We all have hopes and aspirations, but we all have different backgrounds and struggles. I watched the movie to day as to kill some time and i must confess that i like my share of tear-jearky hollywood-esque storrytelling from time to time but i did not found what you might have found.

I think we need to want a better reality but within our own reality and situation. Accepting some of our limitations and pushing ourselves forward to what we want. And that really takes a lot of work and dedication, and it will definitively have itīs time of unhappiness and exhaustion (is also shown in the movie, i mean, is not happy-go-lucky all the way). It is of a sort of envy to maybe see how people pull through at ease with their lives. I see friends that have little to none struggles and wonder how the hell they pull through and i cannot move forward? is just me, my warped self that somehow is not putting my best and fighting harder, because i prolly have to work harder to get that.

And also in general, everyone struggles with something, hardly anyone goes through life without a single scar. In general, people just donīt like to open themselves up too much and they donīt reach out. But you have people in here, SR for example, that knows that ainīt the way and you need to connect and do an open surgery of your soul sometimes so you can be understood. I am personally in prolly one of my worst weeks in the past two months or so i am in not way posting this through any sort of big-shot position, but somehow i relate to what you are saying that things get stale and maybe there is a feeling in you of being stuck, no idea. Just pouring this out of my head.
Old 04-11-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Wow, that's something to ponder. True that our society is screwed up for ASSpiration and for what? It's a difficult society to here and all busting through in trying to acheive in their career. family and life. It's exhuasting! And I hope one day, we are going to make it through!

Possible that I could scale back and relax but my wife wants this and that and it's impossible! She wants a new kitchen, bathroom, and even looking for a new $400,000 home that we can't afford. so the pressure mounts up!

I got a 24 hour coin now. I hope to follow it this week...or maybe next week...
Old 04-11-2009, 09:00 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

bike4life

Glad you posted... sweet ... 53 miles!! It rained today, and had family over before Easter Vigil, so no ride for me, maybe tomorrow.... I have four kids also, they were all home, two are in college but came home for Easter... It was terrific.

Do you want to quit drinking? If you do, put that first, before your house, job, wife. You could lose it all if you don't. And the pressure you put on yourself... well, you are stressing over it while you continue to drink.

Do you have a higher power to put your faith and trust in? You have a 24 hour coin, so I assume you are AA... Second step!! Come to believe that a power greater than you will restore you to sanity.

Mark