Notices

Day one again

Old 04-09-2009, 09:35 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day one again

Well after having a really bed week, i broke my sober run last night.

I broke up with my long term girlfriend on Monday and have had a bad week at work.

Needed a release so i grabbed a beer, and had 12. Been feeling crap all day, hungover. But also been crying alot because im just upset. Everything doesnt feel real. Like im asleep and dreaming... and i want to wake from this nightmare. I want my baby back. But i know i need to move forward. Get on with living. Sad, lonely, tired.

Thanks for listening.
Old 04-09-2009, 10:15 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi shorty51,

Doesn't seem that it's any different when you're drinking than it was for me. It caused all kinds of problems in my life and losing relationships was a huge part of it. Stick around here, read and learn. Sobriety is a way of living, not just a stop gap measure to help us get over our current problems. Every time we relapse, we give up on learning a new way to live, and the old problems resurface. The only way to stop those old problems from gaining a footing in our life again is to learn how to live differently than the way we lived that caused all of those problems. We truly reach a crossroad in life, we can carry on with our way and continue to reap the same results, or we can choose to follow a new path. We only get two choices. Each day, when we awake, we are faced with the same choice. Even if we have a bad week, even if our girl walks on us, even if we lose a job, gain a job, or whatever occurs, we still have the one simple choice, whether we want to live sober today. The rewards of living a sober life cannot be gained any other way. We can't cheat and still expect the same rewards. What's real is real, and the consequences of drinking are real too. We have to choose what works, because to choose otherwise is folly. The rewards of a living sober, making a new commitmnet each day, far outweigh the crap of having a drink, or twelve, and setting ourselves right back in the old rut again. Tomorrow is a new day, it's up to you. Make the right choice and keep moving forward.
Old 04-09-2009, 11:04 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Many of us had false starts before we learned how to
quit and stay quit.

Day One Sober is better than Day Zero Drunk...

Do you have a new plan?
Old 04-10-2009, 12:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Ga day Shorty,another Aussie. Sorry about the break-up,hope your heart
is not too broken.
The booze thing,hey s**t happens! Keep trying "1 day at a time" and stay
positive. lol

Kim {OZboy}. Happy Easter.......

Last edited by OZboy; 04-10-2009 at 12:27 AM.
Old 04-10-2009, 12:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear about the breakup man, kust remember that no matter how many beers you have, things are only gonna seem better but in the morning you gotta deal with the same old stuff. Dealing with it sober is the only way. Good luck!
Old 04-10-2009, 03:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hey Shorty,
Sorry to hear about your breakup, its really tough.
Mate you had a drink, thats not the end of the world. Its what you do now that makes the difference, You know drinking wont solve the problem long term so its time to be strong and stay away from the grog.
Stay close to SR over the easter break mate, there are heaps of people here to help you.