Notices

Newbie Here

Old 04-07-2009, 08:15 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Wink Newbie Here

Hello to everone on this forum. My name is Kim. I am addicted to opiates. I currently am on suboxone, I have been clean since August 2008. My Dr. told me I need spirual recovery as well as physical. I haven't been able to find a NA meeting in my area. I want to get off the suboxone.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Welcome to SR. I am finishing up my 16th day booze free. Congrats on your 17 days. I would think living in Chicago there has to be some NA meetings close to you.

Try this link: Chicagoland Region of Narcotics Anonymous

Keep coming here and posting. We need you as much as you need us.

Chris
Old 04-07-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

HI Kim. Glad you are here.
There is alot of support and infom here.
We have a brand new suboxone and methadone forum.

Suboxone/Methadone Maintenance or Detox - SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

You can find some useful info there and others going through the same thing.
Of course post where you want. But that is just another place you may want to check up on.
Keep posting.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Hi Kim,what a great name! Keep us up-dated and lolove........
Kim {OZboy}
Old 04-07-2009, 09:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

welcome!!!
Old 04-07-2009, 09:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Glad you found us! I'm also in Recovery from opiates. I'm on Methadone and due to chronic medical conditions, I will more than likely be on it indefinately. (Have been on it since July of 2005) It's done me wonders though.

Like your doctor said, Spiritual Recovery is just as important as physical. I see C23 already posted a link to Meetings for your area. As soon as you can get to a Meeting, go! Try to make a Meeting every day.

Like Chiy said, we have many different forums here, including the new Suboxone/Methadone one. We also have a great women's forum as well as substance abuse. Read around, post as much as you feel comfortable with and remember, we're here for you!

Hugs & Prayers,
Judy
Old 04-07-2009, 10:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Welcome to SR, Stay, Post, Read, Learn & Discover. We all understand what you are going through... we are going through the same thing.. Addiction.

Take Care

NB
Old 04-07-2009, 10:47 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Old 04-08-2009, 02:21 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Welcome Kim, keep reading and posting and make yourself at home
Old 04-08-2009, 02:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Welcome Kim!!!
Old 04-08-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome to SR Kim.
Congratulations on your clean time and good luck in your continuing quest.
Old 04-08-2009, 07:49 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome to the family Kim!:ghug3
Old 04-08-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

I am new here too. I'm not an addict but I am just seeing how everyone is. I get prescribed pain and anxiety meds. I am constantly high on weed, but that's not a crime. It depends on the type of weed obviously, some suck.

I haven't taken a pain med today yet. I'm getting xanax and oxycontin today from a friend. I never had those before but heard they were great. I hope it makes me feel happy. I get prescribed Klonipin, it doesnt do a thing.

I just have an urge so badly to take more pain meds. I want to feel the feeling of being who knows i cant describe it. I'd never do any drugs that you snort or inject or smoke, the exception being cigs and weed!

Hope you all have fun today and stay safe.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:28 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

To: AmIanaddict?

You might not be an addict yet, but once you start abusing the oxy you'll be headed down that road. Heres my story: I bought a new house, charged up alot of new things then got fired from my high paying job. I became depressed & the hydrocodone made me feel happy & good. So I kept taking them, then my tolerance got build up too much that I had to keep taking more & more. After awhile I couldn't even get high off of them, I had to take them to feel normal.

Its not a pretty road & sooner or later you have to quit unless you want to die. Getting off of hydrocodone is just as bad as getting off of heroin. Its not worth it. I know alot of people start off on hydrocodone, but then move onto heroin to achieve there high. I don't wanna preach to you, but help you out. I was taking probably 30-40 pills a day just to feel normal, couldn't even get high. If weed makes you happy stick with that. Xanax is highly addictive too, I only used that a few times, so no advice there for ya.

You probably are going to abuse the oxy anyways, so just to help you use safely, just remember anything more than 4000 mg of apap daily is damaging to your liver. You can perform a cold water extraction. Find out how on drugsandbooze.com Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or just need someone to talk too.

I had alot of problems & stress that the hydrocodone seem to take away, but the problems only ended up getting bigger. I ended up in jail for a short visit, luckily I have a clean record & my marriage ended up getting destroyed.
Old 04-09-2009, 07:31 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Welcome Kim--Glad you are here.