SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   For nothing (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/173795-nothing.html)

eeerooo 04-07-2009 06:42 PM

For nothing

I typed in a bunch of stuff for nothing. It disappeared. Oh well. I guess God doesn't want me te be heard. SOL.

Stupid computer!!!!!

Rella927 04-07-2009 06:44 PM

We do want to hear you Eeeroo! Please try again-When I type something long I always do it in word and save it as I work on it. Then I copy and paste it where it needs to go!

:hug: Please we do want to hear

adore79 04-07-2009 06:47 PM

You can type it in word as Rella said and you can click the "remember me" button when you login and then you can write longer posts without it timing out. I usually do both.

nandm 04-07-2009 06:52 PM

I posted a suggestion for not losing what you write, in your other post. Hope it helps

eeerooo 04-07-2009 06:53 PM

I'm screwed

I'm addicted to 2 substances and I don't know which one to get off first. I work and can't afford rehab or to go thru withrawls. I am just venting becaus I know I am SOL. I am drinking I must admit. But I just don't know which way to go. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. So, the only thing I can do is vent. Thanks to anyone who is willing to read.

God bless you and if you are able to stay (sober or clean) more power to you.

E

eeerooo 04-07-2009 07:06 PM

Thank you for the suggestions

I will try work from now on. Because I typed a buch of stuff and the computer barfed and I lost it all. God bless you all.

OZboy 04-07-2009 07:19 PM

"The second mouse gets the cheese"*** Don't give up,you have us........ Peter Gabriel & Kate Bush.

flutter 04-07-2009 07:53 PM

Not sure what kind of help you're looking for here, from what you're saying you're not ready to get sober. How can we help you best? vent away..

flutter 04-07-2009 07:54 PM

oh.. and if you want to talk 'live' you could go into chat, too.

Aysha 04-07-2009 08:06 PM

Well..You can always put the drink down..Dump the rest and give it a try.
You can see your physician as to the best way to detox at home and find an outpatient program. Or try meetings. They are free.
I dont know what your other addiction is. But I would say drinking would be one of the first to tackle.
Vent and rant and do whatever you need to.
We are here for you.

gravity 04-07-2009 08:07 PM

Originally Posted by eeerooo (Post 2184485)
I'm addicted to 2 substances and I don't know which one to get off first. I work and can't afford rehab or to go thru withrawls. I am just venting becaus I know I am SOL. I am drinking I must admit. But I just don't know which way to go. I am stuck between a rock and a hard place. So, the only thing I can do is vent. Thanks to anyone who is willing to read.

God bless you and if you are able to stay (sober or clean) more power to you.

E

It seems obvious that you can't go on like this. See a doctor about the best way to detox. Can you get any time at all off work? Sick days, vacation days..at least enough time to get through the detox part.

What about counselling? AA? NA? This won't affect your work. Rehab isn't the only option.

Gotta start somewhere.