Notices

Im struggling today

Old 04-07-2009, 08:04 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Louis, our disease wants to isolate us... I would strongly reccommend going to a meeting when you feel that way. Isolation is not the way to go, trust me I know all about it. Hang in there. You can do this!
Old 04-07-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Congrats on your sober time. I agree that early sobriety is a roller coaster ride sometimes. But, as you well know, drinking will only make things worse. Hang in there! This too shall pass.:ghug3
Old 04-07-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Try to keep hydrated (lots of water) and focus on your breathing (deep full breaths).
hang in there Louis.

I'm having some difficulty with anger and spitefullness today. I went to a meeting and felt a little better, but there's still some lingering. I do know that I need to continue to focus on my breath. Long, deep, slow, and quiet breathing can be a godsend. it is the miracle of life.
Old 04-07-2009, 09:54 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Thankyou guys....

I am feeling alittle better today... the urge to drink has subsided... just left with my own thoughts... which again are not as bad as y'day...
I decided to be pro-active today... I went to a meeting and spoke... which doesn't happen so good usually for me... thankfully there were only 4 people there.
I also phoned to see about my referal for CBT... they said it should only be a couple of more months... thats nearly a year but hey ho... its moving forward..
I also phoned another number my alcohol counselor gave me to call about other issues... its taken me 5 months to get up the courage to call... but i did it today.... to be told im not in there area and there nothing in the area i live... i would usually have been upset... ut i just think its ironic...
I have just moved to this area... obviously it was the wrong area...

Never mind... at least i did something... got off my butt and tried to move forward... am gonna try another meeting later i think...

Thankyolu again for your concerns and advice.... i really wish you all well and a hopefully stress free and peaceful day.

Be well
louis