Notices

so if has been a week

Old 04-05-2009, 10:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so if has been a week

yup now on day eight, Wanted a drink, then it came to me. Not a DRINK, but something to drink, something cool with ice, Like duh! Dude, you never did want or need booz, at least for the most part, you just wanted something to drink. You just started to fall into a bad habit, of adding alcohol to it.

Did a lot of reading this past week, the question was put to me the when i first got here, "do you think you are an alcoholic" Well after a week of no drinking, a LOT of reading the answer is NO! Was i starting to develop a problem? YES! Was i a heavy drinker? YES. Did i have an addiction to alcohol? YES, i had the withdraws. Will i beat this, I know i can.

Read a lot about people like me, people who are drinking to much, on the road to, but not yet an alcoholic, Found some very interesting studies. One from the national institute of health.

so for now, i will say good by, I may drop back in from time to time, and i hope with out need for this palace. just to remind my self how close i came to the edge.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

SR will be here when/if you need it. Most people recommend going a month without drinking before deciding if it is a problem, but that is up to you. I wish you luck.
Old 04-05-2009, 11:27 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I wish you luck as well.

D
Old 04-06-2009, 09:52 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by adore79 View Post
SR will be here when/if you need it. Most people recommend going a month without drinking before deciding if it is a problem, but that is up to you. I wish you luck.
perhaps a month, maybe more maybe less, The amount of time is not what counts. What does count is doing it right, not over doing, not drinking to often. Setting some time limit, goal of "X" days clean is setting one up for a fall. I feel that if you do this then you are just building your life around drinking. when the time comes, I know i will deal with it the right way from what i have learned here and other places.
Old 04-06-2009, 10:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

I thought you'd left?

If you want to try moderating - try it.
I tried it - for me it didn't work.

For me, not drinking at all wasn't setting myself up for a fall, nor was it basing my life around drinking - it was simply admitting I had a problem, a problem I couldn't 'fix'...

no matter how hard I tried to control it, it always controlled me.

I hope you're not like me.

You've made a decision
and I wish you again, good luck

D
Old 04-06-2009, 11:10 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
C23
Resident Awesome Guy

Good luck and God speed
Old 04-07-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Originally Posted by xge910 View Post
perhaps a month, maybe more maybe less, The amount of time is not what counts. What does count is doing it right, not over doing, not drinking to often. Setting some time limit, goal of "X" days clean is setting one up for a fall. I feel that if you do this then you are just building your life around drinking. when the time comes, I know i will deal with it the right way from what i have learned here and other places.
That's just too much work for me, I'm pretty happy that I took all that complication and thought process out of my life by just not drinking! Whew.

Hope he or she doesn't need to come back too
Old 04-07-2009, 05:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I agree, a sober life is the best life