Notices

Newly Sober After effects and Damage Control

Old 04-08-2009, 10:09 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Newly Sober After effects and Damage Control

I have posted my story before so I won't do the long version. The short version is at one time I had 20 years of sobriety. The one thing I have learned is that everyone heals in their own time, especially the ones we love and hurt the most during our active addiction. I share this because I always have tried to push the healing process as I see it. For me and me alone I have let it come to me this time and stayed off the topic of being forgiven with conversations I have had with my loved ones. For me it is the 2 most important people in my life, my daughters. Alot of damage there, but we do talk. It has only been 32 days back for me with relapse all around me and a suicide attempt all in my own home. It's a slow process but I did not make a move without talking to my sponser or someone else with good long term sobriety. For me right now it's truly one day at a time and letting my will go, and having faith in all of you out there who are struggling also. Godspeed all.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:15 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hang in there bob, 32 days is a miracle in itself. Nothing is so bad that drinking will make it better but I'm sure you know that. Sending good wishes and prayers your way. :ghug3
Old 04-08-2009, 12:35 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Bob,
Glad to see you are hanging in there. Everything seems to take forever when we want to fix everything so badly, especially when it comes to our children. Patience has never been one of my strong points, sober or otherwise. I am an alcoholic with four daughters so I understand what you are feeling right now. I am very happy for you that you still have communication with your daughters.

I will pray for you and your daughters.
Old 04-09-2009, 06:55 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Healing prayers coming your way for the 3 of you.

Good to know you are back on track....