SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Extreme cravings (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/173409-extreme-cravings.html)

dontdodrugss 04-03-2009 02:49 PM

Extreme cravings

Ive been doing dope/other opiates for 3 months, most of the time on a daily basis and sometimes not using for a couple days. I have been clean for 2 1/2 days now, will i withdraw again if i use for one day?

Lenina 04-03-2009 02:51 PM

Why would you use just for one day? Isn't today a good day to start getting clean and free from drugs?

Love,

Lenina

catchmydream 04-03-2009 02:57 PM

I have been wondering that very same thing myself today!!!! I want to go get just 1 pill so bad, but I don't want to have to go through this again. Its not so bad its just the boredom that is killing me........Sorry I wasn't any help, just know that your not the only one who is thinking that.

Catch

pinkgurl87 04-03-2009 03:02 PM

One is too many a thousand is never enough. That's an NA Slogan. Changes are you won't stop at one... one leads to another. It's a lot harder to not use after you've already used. Plus it only makes your cravings worse. If your craving now you'll be craving like a 100 times more after you use. At least I found cravings much worse after I use once I want more. It's not worth it plus if your anything like me you'll feel guilty for using and that makes you feel worse. The cravings will go away. Just hang in their.

tribal1969 04-03-2009 03:32 PM

What kind of opiate drugs are you using?I never had withdraws from lortabs or tylox anything like these.Morphin withdraws is wicked and will last forever.

CrackQuack 04-03-2009 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by pinkgurl87 (Post 2178361)
One is too many a thousand is never enough. That's an NA Slogan. Changes are you won't stop at one... one leads to another. It's a lot harder to not use after you've already used. Plus it only makes your cravings worse. If your craving now you'll be craving like a 100 times more after you use. At least I found cravings much worse after I use once I want more. It's not worth it plus if your anything like me you'll feel guilty for using and that makes you feel worse. The cravings will go away. Just hang in their.

TRUER words were never written. My last (and I hope it stays that way) relapse was due to the fact that I had been craving, been really tired and really stressed and I told myself "Just smoke some crack today, spend only the $140.00 in your pocket, you'll be fine." I hadn't realize it was the addiction talking me into a nightmare. I ended up spending over $500.00, about 150 over my checking account balance and paid a LOT of fines. All that cost me about 800 bucks. And I had to restart my clean date. Part of that money in the checking account belonged to my mother, I let down MYSELF, my friends, and my family. And for 2 weeks, I STILL WANTED TO SMOKE CRACK! I needed to stop the insanity. I know withdrawals SUCK. I also know mine are different from others, but it's WORTH going through them. I had day after day of migraines and was sucking down Excedrin just to try to make it through the day, but it was worth it. I can't believe how dim all that feels now compared to just 60 days clean! I can hardly wait until it's been 90 days, 6 months, a year, two years.. OH BOY! And when I've relearned how to handle my emotions and be able to be a REAL adult again (where I can work more than 10-12 hours a week), it'll be such a totally awesome feeling. I am excited!
I highly suggest you do not use. No one can make you stay clean except yourself, but if you feel like using, please come here and share. There will be so many people here to help you through. If you are in the NA or another organization, go to a meeting, get phone numbers, and call people. If you have a best friend, who DOES NOT USE, call them and ask them to keep you company. Sometimes, my best friend was all I had to hang on to. I'd spend nights over at his house just to stay sane. He'd make sure I got to meetings and stuff..
Hang in there. Don't use, no matter what.