Notices

Am I not important enough?

Old 03-30-2009, 09:34 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
You have to try and convince your husband, God's in charge. I understand some people thinking, they need a gun to protect the family but, to arm one's self for an imposing armageddon, that's not normal behavior.
I don't think she's going to be able to 'convince' her husband anymore than someone can convince an active alcoholic that they have a problem.

There is some paranoid thinking/mental health issues going on with the husband, in addition to controlling by taking away things that she needs.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
I know I am making him seem like an awful man... He does have alot of good qualities too. He gives freely to our church with his time. He is supportive of my alcoholism, he kind sometimes be the kindest person in the world.
You need to go back and reread your post of what you have already given up, like an MRI (essential medical care) and your bipolar support group! That is abuse, placing someone in a position to give up things like that!

Honey, I was married to an abuser, and it doesn't always have to be physical, though mine was emotionally and physically abusive.

That's the hook! They are absolutely giving to a fault in some areas while stripping us of critical things in other areas, isolating us.

There is something very very wrong!

:ghug :ghug
Old 03-30-2009, 09:38 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Administrator

Suzette,

I think that saying you feel like a child, speaks volumes.

I was like you. I was up and down depending on my husband's moods or my kids moods.

It was really awful.

I needed to look within myself and find the peace and friendship that I longed for. It was there. It's there for you too. Praise yourself, don't wait for your husband to do it.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:50 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

Suz.. I don't know what else to say other than YES YOU ARE IMPORTANT. *hugs*
Old 03-30-2009, 09:51 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

If you have been diagnosed with bipolar then you have got to have your medicine.Is their any kind of services in your area that might help with your medicine.Maybe ask your pharmacist if he knows of any.Walmart also has over 300 different medicines that they sale for 4.00.You can check the list online.GOOD LUCK!!
Old 03-30-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

OK, so you said he's a good man in most regards. I understand what you're saying. But what's he going to do when he needs his shizophrenia meds and you go out and buy hundreds of dollars worth of lotions and makeup?
Old 03-30-2009, 10:03 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Hi maybe you and your husband can sit down and discuss what could happen to you if you dont get your meds and the liklihood that it probably will, and weigh this up with the consequences of not having his ammo and the liklihood of armageddon. You really do need to fight for this one, its so important for you and your kids...Good luck x
Old 03-30-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dhunt View Post
If you have been diagnosed with bipolar then you have got to have your medicine.Is their any kind of services in your area that might help with your medicine.Maybe ask your pharmacist if he knows of any.Walmart also has over 300 different medicines that they sale for 4.00.You can check the list online.GOOD LUCK!!
Some of my meds are covered on the walmart $4 plan. But several are not. My insurance provider is Kaiser. The plan I am on is set in stone, there is no way I can get my prescription price lowered until we meet the $4000 deductable.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:10 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I don't think you can expect rational ideas or acts
from a man who.....
just purchased 100's of dollars of ammo (he is fearing Armageddon).
Therein lies the crux of the matter.....IMO

Last time I read Revelations...no one will be
shooting their way out of Armageddon.
Old 03-30-2009, 10:22 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am sorry Suzette. I am goin to just say it.
You need to take some action with your husband.
Since day one you have been here. You have come here with these horrific things he has done to you.
When is it enough?
I am not trying to judge you or him. But you are a person with needs too.
You do not deserve to be treated like that.
Not by anyone for any reason.
I could make a list here of the things you have told us.
When are you going to see that your needs are important and your health is a priority?
And as far as armegeddon..No amount of ammo is going to do any good with that.
He sounds like he has some serious mental issues.
Just because he goes to church and gives back to the church doesnt make him a saint.
Could all be because of his delusional ideas of the end of the world.
When is he goin to give back to you?
The end of days is not set in stone. You are there. You are real. Your illness is real and needs attention now.
I hope you can find it in yourself to set those bounderies. Stand up for yourself.
And dont be bullied anymore.
Thats exactly what it seems like to me. You are worth every bit of everything.
Why do you have to play second to a prophecy?
You have kids that need you and that need you to be well.
I am sorry if I sound judgemental.
I am not trying to be.
I am very worried for you.
Please dont take what I am saying wrong.

And I havent lost respect for you in any way. I am truly concerned for you
Old 03-30-2009, 10:46 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I agree with Tommy. You need to work together with him, not separately. That includes setting priorities, and mutual support. Of course you're important; in fact, just like everyone else, you're indispensable. I really hope you can work this out
Old 03-30-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Everyone has said so many good things and I agree that these are things you should not being giving up.

But with generic drugs, the pharmacy they are actually cheaper at is Costco. I called Walgreens once because that is only a block away and I was feeling lazy and asked for the price of Naltrexone, generic, for the month. They told me $130. At Costco it is $45. My Zoloft is $10. You can price out your drugs on their website to see if you will save:

Costco drug pricing

Also, you can advocate for generic drugs in doctor appointments, and sometimes they work better. I know for migraines that was the case for me, although most doctors preferred prescribing the medicine that cost $25/pill vs. $7/month and because migraine medicine is such a big business a lot of the generics have basically disappeared (ugh, so frustrating because now I cannot buy what works for me).

Also, at Costco pharmacy you do not have to be a Costco member. Ooh, and we just had an earthquake
Old 03-30-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Trish I appreciate you calling a spade a spade. It all sound so simple... but it's not. I am the peacemaker within our home. If I call Michael on something he does his best to argue loud, name call, add so much tension to the air that you can slice it with a knife. He is I agree a bully...
I try to hash things out when the kids are gone for the weekends that they are with their other parent. Sometimes I get somewhere with him and sometimes I dont. At this moment in time I feel worn out, lacking the energy it takes to have a rational conversation with him. I am not being weak... I simply know my limits.
I will however make sure I get my meds. The rest of it will just have to wait... I don't want to disrupt the lives of my children, they are all doing so well. If I upset the applecart I'm not quite so sure how they will cope with that.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:03 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

"Also, at Costco pharmacy you do not have to be a Costco member. Ooh, and we just had an earthquake "

An earthquake sfgirl??? I will have to turn the news on. Are you okay?
Old 03-30-2009, 11:06 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Toomutch View Post
Trish I appreciate you calling a spade a spade. It all sound so simple... but it's not. I am the peacemaker within our home. If I call Michael on something he does his best to argue loud, name call, add so much tension to the air that you can slice it with a knife. He is I agree a bully...
I try to hash things out when the kids are gone for the weekends that they are with their other parent. Sometimes I get somewhere with him and sometimes I dont. At this moment in time I feel worn out, lacking the energy it takes to have a rational conversation with him. I am not being weak... I simply know my limits.
I will however make sure I get my meds. The rest of it will just have to wait... I don't want to disrupt the lives of my children, they are all doing so well. If I upset the applecart I'm not quite so sure how they will cope with that.
Do you think your kids don't notice the things you are already doing without? The current dynamics do affect them, regardless of how 'well' they appear to be doing.

I'm not trying to be mean. My heart is breaking for you because I see you devaluing yourself at the risk of keeping peace. That is no way to live.

There are no medals for martyrs.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

(((Suzette))) I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm just going to through this out there.. are you on disability or have you thought of applying for it? With your medical conditions and bipolar, you have a pretty good chance of getting it. I know most people don't want to go that route, but I'm trying to think of a way that you can get your OWN money and medical coverage.

My stepsister has severe heart disease and was denied disability 3 times, finally approved the 4th time. Her friend, on the other hand, was approved the first time because she is bipolar and received a hefty back-payment check.

You are most definitely "worth it", and I'm just trying to think of a way you can get a little control back in your life. Like (((Freedom))), I'm really worried about ya.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-30-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Is that what I'm being? A martyr? Probably so I guess. I am just doing the best I know how. I'm scared...
Old 03-30-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

The earthquake was only a 4.4 so all is well, it was just a little big one, nothing fell over or anything, just a little excitement.
Old 03-30-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Impurrfect View Post
(((Suzette))) I'm so sorry you are going through this. I'm just going to through this out there.. are you on disability or have you thought of applying for it? With your medical conditions and bipolar, you have a pretty good chance of getting it. I know most people don't want to go that route, but I'm trying to think of a way that you can get your OWN money and medical coverage.

My stepsister has severe heart disease and was denied disability 3 times, finally approved the 4th time. Her friend, on the other hand, was approved the first time because she is bipolar and received a hefty back-payment check.

You are most definitely "worth it", and I'm just trying to think of a way you can get a little control back in your life. Like (((Freedom))), I'm really worried about ya. Amy
I have seriously considered applying for disability... But to tell you the truth I have no idea how to even start the process. I worked for our county's school system and I didn't go back this year. They knew I was sick with fibro and shingles, but they did not know about the bipolar. I don't think I could get disability through them.
Hugs and prayers!
Old 03-30-2009, 11:27 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I know it is far from easy. But it doesnt seem to be getting anything but worse.
You are not weak IMO. And I am not even saying anything like that.
If nothing changes ..nothing changes. I hate one liners. But that fits.
I dont want to stress you out more or upset you by pushing my opinion here.
All I care about is your well being.
I really hope you get your meds. Your health is all that matters right now. Thats the topic really here.
You are very important Suzette. Stop taking the back seat to other less important things.