Notices

Sadness

Old 03-29-2009, 11:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I didn't read through all the replies and I'm a newbie here Matt (OFFICIALLY 7 DAYS SOBER!!) but if it keeps up go see your doctor however in my experiences with doctors they don't search for the underlying causes of the sadness or depression just throw some drugs at you. Maybe more appropriately a psychologist or physiatrist who will help you find the source of the sadness however deep it may be buried. I had a bad case of depression my sophmore year of high school but I won't bore you with the details. However I saw a psychologist for a couple months and by the time I left I felt so much better.

I'm actually going to see my psychologist again tomorrow to help get me through this period of recovery along with the many MANY other triggers that have been dropped on me like a lead hammer in the past year and a half. I couldn't tell you the half of it but it definitely led to my problem.

I hope you start to feel better soon.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone, I feel a bit better today

I've tried many meds, and my pdoc and I finally came to the conclusion that they don't really help much in my case; the only way out is by allowing myself to name the feelings, feel them, grieve the past, and to share with understanding people. Though difficult, it's also healthy. Like Dee, I've decided to embrace this process willingly.

Love you all, your support and advice helps a lot :ghug
Old 03-31-2009, 04:42 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hang on Matt, and if you need love and encouragement, we are all right here for you buddy, Oh and by the way, who shot you? LOL I don't like bullet holes. LOL
Old 03-31-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I know where you are coming from. My depression just comes out of a hat it seems, without any rhyme or reason, and it gets to the point where I HAVE to force myself to shake it off & do SOMETHING. If I don't I will just stare at the wall for an hour,nor do anything, for that matter.
It won't last forever. Maybe our poor molested brain cells can not deal with the fact that the partys over , I don't know. Maybe Depression is a stage that recovering people HAVE to go through. Maybe we are paying our dues. But it seems that from the posts I've been reading here, Depression is normal for people like you & I who are going with some big-time changes. I believe it WILL pass. "rid'in the storm out'........Hang in there, buddy!
Old 03-31-2009, 06:34 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Thanks for the encouragement, Angelic. Mike, I can relate to what you're saying, I've spent the past few days just curled up on a couch. I'm not used to feeling so wracked with sadness. I have seeked professional help; this is not related to alcohol, and meds don't seem to help. So the option I have chosen is to come to terms with this, and to have faith in my capacity to heal. It may take a while.

I've been reading posts, but I'm not up to answering them right now hugs to you all, thank you for your support.