Notices

It's been a long time..

Old 03-29-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

It's been a long time..

I've been in and out for about the last 1 1/2 years..Mostly out. This is day 3 for me with NO booze. I can handle a drink or two with friends it's when I'm alone that's the killer. 99% of the time I drink alone 1-1 1/2 bottles of wine. My anxiety is killing me and I'm moving back to Minneapolis in 2 days. Trying to get all the loose ends with the move finished. Just wanted to check in and re-introduce myself. Looking into health services and there's an alano club near to where I'll be moving to.
Old 03-29-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back.....

Good to know you are making positive changes
Old 03-29-2009, 09:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Hey, fellow Denverite - I hear the York Street AA Meetings are amazing.... Maybe you should try to make one today?
Old 03-29-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you're back!
Old 03-29-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Welcome back!:ghug3 I hope your coming move goes well for you.
Old 03-29-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Never settle.

Lovin' all the CO action, I miss that fabulous view of Longs Peak and Mt. Meeker I woke up to outside my bedroom window every morning growing up. *Sigh* I'd suggest a chorus of Rocky Mountain High, but.... nevermind.

Congrats on your 3 days. I'm preparing for a move in a few months and I'm already starting to stress out about it!! Keep posting and when you get your internet up, let us know how the move goes.
Old 03-29-2009, 11:09 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I can tell you there are lots of places to go for AA stuff here in the cities. Congratulations on day 3, may it be the last day 3 you'll ever have. Here's a link to meetings in and around the cities. There may be a site especially for a Minneapolis intergroup but this site also lists Minneapolis meetings. There is meeting directory search where you can find meetings that are very specific to what you want.

AA Saint Paul :: Welcome Home
Old 03-29-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the replys

I really hope that this is my last major move (out of state). At least until I retire. I keep forgetting the anxiety involved. I know the isolation from drinking can be unbearable..at least for me. I use to go to the York Street meetings alot a few years ago. I don't think I ever really dealt with the shame of the disease and the stigma. My longest sobriety has been about 60 days. I'm here in my apartment alone waiting for this guy to buy my mattress.He said around 2-3 pm but it's only 1:30. I've been without health insurance for 3 months and have been off my meds for anxiety/depression and couldn't afford the cobra payments. My doctor wouldn't refill my meds without an appt and it's about $100+ for a visit w/out insurance plus the cost of the meds. I wish the health care system in this country wasn't so messed up. I've already called to get some info on some low cost clinics in Mpls that I'll follow up on tomorrow. Any way, I'm babbling here and will stay online until this guy shows up. SR is a life line for me. Thanks...
Old 03-29-2009, 12:52 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Just hang in there. I know how stressful moving can be. Especially out of state.
Have you tried to call social services?
They can sometimes help with medical costs.
I went through my own drama with insurance and health care a month ago.
It was horrible.
Just post as much as you need. Someone is always here to talk and listen.
Welcome back.
Old 03-29-2009, 01:50 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I don't think this guy is showing up I've mailed him and gave him my #.. Oh well, at least I'll have 2 good nights sleep before the move. I'm calling tomorrow regarding health options. I do have a job offer when I get to Mpls..just don't know how the health benefits work sometimes it takes awhile for them to kick in and I can't be another 6 months without my meds.
Old 03-29-2009, 02:12 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Welcome back CofusedinDenver
It sounds like your going in the right direction.
Hang in there and Good Luck!!!
Keep checking in and let us know how you are doing.
XOXO