SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   What a fight (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/172833-what-fight.html)

ThirstForLife 03-27-2009 08:02 PM

What a fight

Man, I gotta tell ya. I'm not here for hugs and kisses. For people to smooth talk me and act like they are concerned for me. I'm here to beat what the fvck I got myself into. And hope to talk to others that are in the same boat and maybe figure out what went wrong and how the hell we get out of it. I get the positive encouragement, but it seems that every thread, every poster is being overly nice. For me, I would like to talk to people who have been through what I have and would like to talk to them about it...and say...what a ride. This was bad. That was bad. I'm glad I survived. And still talk about it. No hugs. No kisses. Just straight talk.

Dee74 03-27-2009 08:04 PM

There's a little something for everyone here TFL :)

D

coffeenut 03-27-2009 08:06 PM

So talk. What's up?

Welcome to SR, btw.

CarolD 03-27-2009 08:15 PM

Don't be so mysterious please share what's going
on with you just now.

ThirstForLife 03-27-2009 08:20 PM

Use to wake up in a pool of blood under my head. It crusted from my mouth to the floor. Didnt know it happened, when it did, but knew it in the morning when I woke up. Bad thing was, I would fumble for the toilet and throw up blood upon waking and then pass out again on the floor. I have pushed this disease well beyond its limits. And the fact that I am here to talk about it, is an encouraging sign to me.

Aysha 03-27-2009 08:24 PM

I would say it is.
Cant say I ever had that happen. But I have had my hsare of extremes.
Are you clean now?

CarolD 03-27-2009 08:30 PM

Yes...alcoholism is a deadly disease.

I had oesophagal varices from drinking almost died
on my way to the ER.
3 transfusions ...3 days in ICU...3 more days in hosptial.

Did I quit drinking then? No.
I did 4 months later.....and have stayed sober.

Have you quit drinking? Have you talked to your doctor?

Bard 03-28-2009 06:26 AM

You want some tough recovery? Alright how about I arm you with a spiked club and you go slap on some war paint. The I'll stick you in a ring of fire and have you battle to the death with rabid boars and lions and lunatic madmen! Do anything for recovery? I don't know but it will be awesome! No limp wristed hugging kissing hippie crap going on there!

Or you could just shoot us some straight questions and we'll give you some straight answers instead. :)

Itsmytime 03-28-2009 06:40 AM

Have you been to the Dr ? And is this still happening.

IMT

penny74 03-28-2009 08:24 AM

Seems like it is time to do something about it.
That should be tough enough.

When the student is ready, the master appears. ~Buddhist Proverb

Anna 03-28-2009 08:32 AM

Hi,

Well, I think it's fair to say we've all been through bad times, I know I have. And, yes, we're all here to talk about it. That's what we do.

Have you told your dr about your problems?

ADayAtATime 03-28-2009 08:39 AM

Thirstforlife,
I just want to start off by saying I'm sorry....
I usually use XOXO as my name at the end of my posts and my avatar is "hugs and kisses". When I first read your post it made me feel sad...because I genuinely care about the people that come in here. This place inspires me and when I post with hugs and kisses it's just a reflection of how I'm feeling.
I've never experienced the situations that you have been through and it sounds like you've been though a lot. I hope that you are doing ok and you are in my thoughts...I mean it when I say it.

This time I will not sign off with X's and O's, but I will just say "Please take care of yourself...OK"?
See you around.

Toomutch 03-28-2009 08:45 AM

You have an aweful disease, sounds as if you are very sick... Hopefully waking up in a pool of blood will be your bottom. Only you can decide... We are here for support.

Glad you're here.

HideorSeek 03-28-2009 05:54 PM

My greatest fear is of the unknown. Please see a dr and allow them, or someone, to help you.

Rusty Zipper 03-28-2009 06:23 PM

:feedback:

ask away!!!

pm me if you like