SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   A little progress (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/172806-little-progress.html)

firestorm090 03-28-2009 04:24 AM

Hey Cyn, it's great to have a dog to clean up after, lol. I have two.

Great news about the job prospect, I hope it goes well and you get a new start.

Bamboozle 03-28-2009 07:57 AM

Hey, chiy. Thanks for the update. Sounds good. :)

Toomutch 03-28-2009 08:53 AM

Trish - It's nice to know that you had a great day... And Angel is adorable!!!!

tanyapmc 03-28-2009 09:35 AM

I'm glad your feeling better! Very cute puppy!

endzoner 03-28-2009 09:39 AM

what an adorable pup ... glad that lil gain of sand is growing for you .. see something is turning around just gotta have that gain of sand in patience .. hug endzy

Hevyn 03-28-2009 09:53 AM

I do believe that puppy has a huge smile on it's face, just for you Trish. He looks very certain that things are going to be alright. My dogs were one reason I wanted to get sober - I was shortchanging them. They didn't get their walks, and never had my full attention. They were always so optimistic that I would be happy and fun to be around - they'd sit and look in my eyes like they knew I was in sad shape. Caring for them forced me to be a better person. I hope you enjoy your new baby.

Aysha 03-28-2009 10:32 AM

I do have to admit tho. Last night being Fri. I know a couple people who spend big on Fri. And I caught myself trying to remember the numbers. I deleted all my numbers the other day. And I am so glad I did.
It was really hard doing it I have to say. But I just did it.
The only number I know by heart I am not messin with because of some things that went down the last run. So thats not an option thank goodness.
I may call IOP Mon and see if they can get me in before the 9th.
My Dr knows about my relapse and I didnt even tell him. Guess thats what happens when you have the same doc for years.
Its all good. The less resources to get high I have the better. And the more people that know that are there to help the better.
Another beautiful day today.
I have a new bed buddy. Shes so small tho she almost got smooshed a couple times.

Impurrfect 03-28-2009 11:49 AM

(((Trish))) - I'm glad you got through last night without using. It's insane how we can HATE that stuff, go through he!! with it, and still think about using it. Hope you can get into IOP sooner.

Angel is adorable!! I bet it's funny watching her a bobble together! I'm praying a job comes through, that is right for you.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy

Aysha 03-28-2009 03:43 PM

I was walking the dog and walked up around by my aunts. And they were all outside.
I waved and she told me to come up. So I did and she was talking to me and stuff.
Felt good.
Wow...I dont know how much more reconnecting will take place in the near future. But after what I did. And her reaction that day.
For her to even acknowledge me was huge for me.
I have to do my part and keep doin it.
I have never been in that position where I felt like my family were strangers.
I have to say. Alot of times what I do to myself after screwing up. I have been very very lucky that most things come back and work out pretty fast. And I dont want to stay comfortable with that and think its always going to be like that.
So even tho its been only a month and they are speaking to me again. I dont want to forget how that felt when they did detach for the first time ever.
I need that to keep me motivated.
Sound twisted?
I am just glad its working out.
I dont ever want to experience that again.

Gypsy Feet 03-28-2009 04:37 PM

I'm so happy for you honey
:Val004:

Mattcake 03-28-2009 06:16 PM

:hug: Chi, you sound so calm right now. I'm really happy for you. I totally understand how you feel about your "luck" running out at some point... Hold on to what you're thinking and feeling now :)

Aysha 03-30-2009 02:51 PM

Well..I have a busy day tomorrow.
I have the Dr in the morning to see hwat the heck this huge bump is in my stomach. I may have a hernia.
So gotta have an ultra sound done.
And then I have 2 interviews. And another one wed.
Hopefully I will be coming home with a job tomorrow.
The puppy has really helped me with stress and stuff like that.
She is so lovey. And she just wants to be all nuzzled on me all the time. Usually I dont like being crowded like that. But she is too cute.
Something I need right that puppy is giving me. Bobble is my baby too.But she is so grumpy. She doesnt like being touched.
Like I already knew. Things will happen in time. I get so impatient sometimes.
This has got to be the last time I stat over. I cant take it anymore.
Nice lazy weekend and today was the same.
Tomorrow the ball will start rolling.
Keeping my fingers crossed.

Jules62 03-30-2009 09:48 PM

I'm so glad to read your progress here Trish :)

Good luck with the Dr's appt.I'll be thinking of you.

You're doing great (and hug that puppy for me-what a sweetheart!I know I adore mine.they help us more than they know)

Julesxox