Notices

Finding New Things To Do..

Old 03-27-2009, 12:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Finding New Things To Do..

My separated partner is coming back home to live again tomorrow, so I'm so excited about that..

We're going to go to Baltimore for the day. Do some sightseeing and the aquarium then dinner..

I go to the gym Sunday night thru Friday afternoon. Plus throw in softball.. So my weekdays are busy.

But what I'm trying to think of for future weekends is things to do. Mostly all of our close friends (not just drinking buddies, but close dear friends) hang out at bars every weekend. I don't mind doing that once in awhile, I like playing darts, pool, shuffleboard.. But obviously I don't wanna spend my weekends in bars.

We can't go on trips all the time, that would get costly. I was thinking about going to parks for hikes and stuff. But that would get boring after time. Neither of us are movie goers so that isn't an option.

I don't want to do anything too active on Saturdays.. I have a great workout program and Saturdays are my only rest day.

Any suggestions of things to do?
Old 03-27-2009, 12:28 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Does your fiancee have any suggestions?
I will be interested in the answers in any case as this is something I am trying to figure out also.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We'll have an hour and a half each way car ride tomorrow.. So I'll ask her for her suggestions then.. Keep ya posted..
Old 03-27-2009, 12:34 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Go to a play at a theatre.

Visit the science museum.

Go to a art fair.

Have a picnic.

Go to the zoo.

Take a walk.

There's so much to do. In fact Shawk, there's a thread somewhere way back on what you can do.. Happy hunting.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
It`s ok to stay sober

my wife and I spend quite a bit of time together at home.Sometimes,we jump in the kitchen together and just cook up something different.We do some experimenting and try new stuff too.Of course,we mean stuff that is not too expensive.Sometimes it is some healthy food,sometimes it is just stuff we have to try and burn off later...
Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
Go to a play at a theatre.

In fact Shawk, there's a thread somewhere way back on what you can do.. Happy hunting.
Ha, I just saw it.. It's stickied on top of this page.. DUH ..

I thought it was about something to do when you're havings cravings..

I'm just looking for stuff to do in general, but I see that is covered in there as well.. Thanks.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
eng.

Stay at home .
Old 03-27-2009, 01:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Volunteer.

I got involved in an amazing volunteer opportunity the same week I stopped drinking. It was meant to be. And, it truly helped to save me. I started out thinking that I could offer something, and I quickly learned that I received far more than I could give.
Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by bballdad View Post
my wife and I spend quite a bit of time together at home.Sometimes,we jump in the kitchen together and just cook up something different.We do some experimenting and try new stuff too.Of course,we mean stuff that is not too expensive.Sometimes it is some healthy food,sometimes it is just stuff we have to try and burn off later...
Yes thats a good one....me and the wife have cooked some great meals together...and had a good giggle to boot.

We also spend alot of time in the countryside...walking...we just love it..

I think its also important that we dont live in each others pockets.....finding things which we like to do on our own...

good luck.....and easy does it................trucker
Old 03-27-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I'm not sure how to explain it but this worked with 2 of my ex's. When we didn't have plans we would find fun things to do by........not making plans. We would just drive to a part of the city and start walking or driving or going into stores/cafes/parks etc and always ended up having fun.

It only works if both of you really aren't trying to hard.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:29 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Actually, walks in the park aren't that bad. We haven't gotten bored yet. Only been doing it for a month though... But my BF and I both LOVE cars. He has enough to cover 1-2 for each day of the week, and I have a drag car. I am sure our Saturdays will be spent split between cruise-in's and the drag strips. If you have any interest in cars, maybe a cruise in would be something you could visit? Lots of old, vintage, cars mixed with newer generations, hot dogs, popcorn, pop, plenty of people, and the best thing is the cars change every time. Some of the same ones go there, but there will always be new additions. And you get some good sun exposure.