Notices

Read Please, If you have a minute to spare...

Old 03-27-2009, 12:37 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I Respect All Opinons...

Unhappy Read Please, If you have a minute to spare...

Hello Hopefully My Future Friends,

My name is Jesse, And of course, I'm an addict... I am addicted to Oxy's and to be very honest, I'm not clean... I just feel so lost sometimes, and its such a hard situation, but I don't want to be "that guy" that just tries to make excuses... I need friends in the same situations, I NEED support, and I NEED opinions and facts and people that have been through what I currently am going through... Please make me feel "welcomed?" =(

Thank You So Much For Taking A Moment To Read My Little Introduction...

Hope To Be Hearing From Someone Soon,
Jesse :praying
Old 03-27-2009, 12:49 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are starting in the right place.
Loads of information, support, experience, and friendship to be gleaned here.
Not easy to make that first post. I can relate. Was just a few weeks ago I made mine. The good news is now that is out of the way, you can begin to find those friends, support, opinions and facts you are looking for.
Take your time, read some posts, make your own posts and I can tell you with certainty that people who have experiences like your own will be more than willing to share, and help you along with your recovery. Glad you found it.
Best.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hey Jesse,

I'm a drunk, so I can't really help much regarding the oxy's, but want to welcome you just the same. The boards are slow right now, so there hsould be more replies tomorrow. Guess us night owls just have to wait, lol?

Again, welcome and you're not lost, cause you've found a new home.
Old 03-27-2009, 12:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
I Respect All Opinons...

Thank you SO MUCH, and i can guarantee that you will be one person I will NEVER forget, thank you so much, honestly, thank you...
Old 03-27-2009, 12:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I Respect All Opinons...

Thank you BOTH so much... im so glad there is hope for someone like me out there...
Old 03-27-2009, 01:15 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jesse,

My younger brother had back surgery a few years ago and became addicted to oxy's. After his surgery, he gained a ton of weight, was popping six to eight pills a day minimum, was always irritable and sweated profusely, even in cold weather. eventually his addiction destroyed his family, his wife left with their three small children, and he moved in with me for a few months. Then he met another woman, stopped his addiction by joining her church and is still with her, many years later. He went through hell with his addiction, but I guess he finally decided to find help, as you are doing. Hang in there. My brother had assistance from his doctor, although I don't know what drugs he used to taper off the oxy's. As far as I know, he doesn't do any now, so it can be done. I'd definitely talk with your doctor, if you can, and keep coming here for support.
Old 03-27-2009, 02:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!

Hey there..... i cant really add to what was said by the others... but agree about talking to your dr... and sticking around here... they are a good group of folk.

Just wanted to welcome you anyhow.

Be well
louis
Old 03-27-2009, 04:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Resident

Eelcome to SR.
I also have no personal experience with Oxy's although one of my best friends was hooked on them until he got clean five years ago. He said it was haed initially but it goes to show it can be done.
There is a section here on substance abuse where there is more people in the same boat as you so you may want to do some reading there.
I can offer moral support as this is a great place to get that.
Good luck.