SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Edit Ignore List (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/172702-edit-ignore-list.html)

sailorjohn 03-26-2009 03:16 PM

Edit Ignore List

Something that was mentioned by a moderator a while back, there is something called 'Edit Ignore List' on your user control panel. If you find messages from others so objectionable, you might consider using this feature. Just a thought.

Astro 03-26-2009 03:18 PM

Excellent reminder. Thank you John! :thanks:

Jrock75 03-26-2009 03:22 PM

Thank's SailorJohn now no one will see my posts (think I'm a little paranoid?) :P

sailorjohn 03-26-2009 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Jrock75 (Post 2166675)
Thank's SailorJohn now no one will see my posts (think I'm a little paranoid?) :P

No, and if I'm incorrect hopefully someone will point it out, edit ignore means you don't have to look at theirs, they can't send you pm's. They can still read your posts.

Midas 03-26-2009 03:50 PM

I tried putting myself on my ignore list, but I got a funky message.

We can't help you ignore yourself.

sailorjohn 03-26-2009 03:52 PM

:lmao

freya 03-26-2009 03:58 PM

OMG, Midas, that is so true!!!!!!!!!!

Pinkcuda 03-26-2009 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by Jrock75 (Post 2166675)

I was thinking the exact opposite. If I put everyone on my ignore list, I could have SR all to myself.

Midas 03-26-2009 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by Pinkcuda (Post 2166730)
I was thinking the exact opposite. If I put everyone on my ignore list, I could have SR all to myself.

Hmmm...wouldn't you be talking to yourself all the time then? I do that enough already!! Quoting yourself gets boring after the initial novelty wears off. :)

It would be like:

Hey Midas, how's the weather?

Originally Posted by Midas
Hey Midas, how's the weather?

Midas 03-26-2009 06:14 PM

Did you know you could add yourself to your Friend list?? LOL. Look Ma, I'm my own best friend in the whole wide world!!! :lmao

Ago 03-26-2009 06:23 PM

Originally Posted by Midas (Post 2166914)
Did you know you could add yourself to your Friend list?? LOL. Look Ma, I'm my own best friend in the whole wide world!!! :lmao

I never liked me

I tried to "friend" myself, evidently I put me on ignore, so I tried PM'ing me to ask WTF and.......

KenL 03-26-2009 06:34 PM

Did you say something John?

mle-sober 03-26-2009 06:38 PM

You know, I wonder if instead of an "Ignore" botton, we could have a little "Tolerate" button to help us learn to take a deep breath instead of taking offense. Maybe there could be a cheat sheet to help remind us (or teach us in the first place) how to apologize, too.

A lot of times, people find each other's messages so objectionable out of pure misunderstanding. And a little patience and humility (and a lot less defensiveness) might go a long way. And then they might not need the ignore button.

sailorjohn 03-26-2009 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by KenL (Post 2166953)
Did you say something John?

:lmao

Midas 03-26-2009 06:48 PM

*Midas turns sharply and clicks the shiny Sorry button madly::

http://i39.tinypic.com/10ichmw.jpg

lunarise 03-26-2009 07:13 PM

Funny thing..I have used the button...then a few days later I take them off the ignore list....usually I just need some time to get over whatever it was I guess....plus I feel rude having people on ignore. No one on this site has ever said anything to me that would warrant me needing to forever not see another word they type....besides it bugs me a lot when I am not getting along with other people...so the ignore option isn't a good option for me....longterm anyway :e058:

Rob B 03-26-2009 07:54 PM

I love the people that truly p@ss me off on this site, they are great teachers, I am learning the way of tolerance, patience, and compassion, I don't always practice it, but they are qualities that I bring into prayer and meditation.

I have written inventory on many SR members, some good truth revealed in that, Scripting unrealistic expectations regarding strangers I have never met, it's almost comical. I don't use the ignore feature, nobody has the power to make me mad, if i get angered, it is that some darkness within me has been brought to the surface. that being said I should not go into some forums where the likelihood of me disagreeing is high, inventory reveals I am just setting myself up to play God, feed into my judgemental nature, write scripts, fall into self righteous pity, and a host of other defects,, isn't moral inventory grand. LOL

I have a friend who says if he didn't go to AA he'd have far fewer resentments, I hear that.

windysan 03-26-2009 08:02 PM

I pretty much get along with others. I dislike disco music.