Notices

Looking for some answers

Old 03-29-2009, 04:20 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by flutter View Post
I had pains near my liver, I have been sober for a little over 3 months, I don't have any of that pain anymore.. but honestly I can't remember when it (and all the other effects of chronic drinking) went away. I'm just glad it wont come back!
Thanks. It seems to be getting a little better each day. Today I'm getting some lower back pain but I'm just hoping it's all just my body detoxing and getting used to not having the alcohol. Sorry to keep harping on all those that had the liver pains but did most of you at least have the pain for a little while after stopping the drinking or did it cease immediately?

By the way I have a follow-up job interview tomorrow so I'm very excited and hopeful for that (to be honest I'm surprised they called me back as I've got a feeling I probably reaked of booze in my first interview). However when I did receive that call, that was when I made the decision to go to detox and get myself sober. One of those small miracles that helps you keep that faith in a higher power.

About 5 hours away from being a week sober!!!!
Old 03-29-2009, 04:39 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Congratulations!! Yes, I had the pain you described. It can take awhile for it to go away. I had aches and pains as if I had the flu. Sudden sweats and then just feeling like I was on pins and needles. Its our bodies trying to adjust. However, its always good to check in with your doctor with your concerns. Welcome :ghug2 Hang in there.
Old 03-30-2009, 09:21 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Hi Zandre, I don't know what my enzyme elevation was, but I had the pain for at least two weeks. I had a weird tingling feeling that would come and go as well. I have not drank in a month and still get a few pains in those areas. I am also getting bad lower back pain. I think these side effects come and go over a period of time.
Old 03-30-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by robc View Post
Hi Zandre, I don't know what my enzyme elevation was, but I had the pain for at least two weeks. I had a weird tingling feeling that would come and go as well. I have not drank in a month and still get a few pains in those areas. I am also getting bad lower back pain. I think these side effects come and go over a period of time.

Wow. To hear that from you makes me so much better because I am pretty much having the exact same symptoms. The tingling feeling you described is exactly what I'm getting periodically and ha because of it I feel like Napolean (been holding my right side quite often). I also have been getting the lower back pain but it is getting better as is the liver pain. I haven't taken any pain relievers (like advil nothing perscription obviously) because I am trying to give my liver a break from everything but good nutrition and vitamins. The only real med I'm taking is ambien because I'm a natural insomniac and obviously the withdraws just make it that much worse. I'm only going to try to take those for another couple of days as I seem to be getting into a good sleeping pattern again (instead of staying up till 4 or 5 in the morning.) As I've stated a couple times in about three weeks now I'll be having another LFT blood test done and I hope to see a dramatic drop off.

Anyways I officially have ONE WEEK of sobriety! I know I still have a long road ahead of me but I'm still proud of myself. I've even had alcohol staring me right in the face on a couple of occasions this first week and I haven't even been tempted. I'm sure I will be eventually but I'm proud of my progress.

I also had a job interview today and I think it went really well. I believe the manager I met really liked me. I'm hoping to hear back from them later this week with good news because I could really use something to help take up my time and heck who doesn't want to make a little extra cash that I won't go blow on alcohol. Maybe I'll actually be able to save up for a couple things I've been wanting to get the past couple of months.

Finally, I went to see my therapist today and he was great. I really missed seeing him and I have another appointment with him in a week. He couldn't have been any nicer or more supportive. I have a **** ton (excuse my french) of family problems that I really believed triggered all this alcohol abuse and I got some good input from him about how to better handle it. And to top it all off it was an absolutely beautiful day here. Things seem to be looking up finally.

On a lighter note my younger sister turns 17 on Saturday and she's having her party at a very good sushi buffet near us and I LOVE SUSHI! For those of you that haven't tried it not only is it good for you it tastes freaking amazing and if you're afraid of eating raw food just know that a large majority of sushi is actually already cooked just served cold. If you haven't tried it before seriously give it a shot. Good treat.

Anyways thanks for all the support again...

Zack
Old 04-01-2009, 10:18 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Just checking in again. I hope no one is getting annoyed with me using the same thread but I see no point in opening a new one for now (maybe for my one month birthday). Anyways I'm on Day 9 (WooHoo!!) and feeling better with each passing day. The liver pain seems to be subsiding more and more each day which has me encouraged. I had some tingling part of yesterday and some unpleasant pain when I laid down to go to bed but I felt better again this morning.

I also have some great news. The last time I saw my doctor before I stopped drinking I weighed 254lbs. Which had me very discouraged because my sophmore year of high school I weighed 350lbs and had a 52inch waist. I know WOW! I decided then and there that I wanted to change that and I lost 150lbs and got all the way down to around 195lbs. I eventually got back up to 215lbs by lifting and was in excellent shape. I was basically Mr. healthy if you can believe it. I had a bunch of my friends at school asking me for advice on how they too could lose weight and two of them actually stuck it out and lost a bunch of weight themselves with my help. I was on top of the world my senior year and then everything started to go downhill after my first semester of college. Anywho where I'm going with all this is I got myself back on a very similar diet to what I was on before and, without the added 2,500 to 3,000 calories of empty calories I was getting from the booze added onto the crap I was eating, I've lost 10lbs in the these first 9 days and I'm estatic (244lbs as of this morning).

I actually do know quite a bit about good nutrition so if anyone has any questions I'd be more than happy to help.

Thanks again for all the support.

Zack
Old 04-01-2009, 10:51 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Your life could not sound more familiar zandre. All of those pains i know so well.....along with chest pains as well. I think i scared myself enough this time to stay away from the beer. I have realized i cant drink in moderation for long. Always end up back in the same place. I did not do detox but have to admit i was very scared this time and would have went if the pains got worse. Have a doctors appointment tomorrow and sure he will want to do blood work after i am sober for a while. My liver levels were high last time as well....that is when i quit the first time. I am on day 3 now and already feeling a lot better. Hang in there.
Old 04-05-2009, 10:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Well I know I'm jumping the gun just a tab bit but I'm officially and technically on day 14 of being sober (WooHoo). I had a pretty uneventful but enjoyable weekend. My younger sister turned 17 on Saturday so we had a birthday dinner with all her friends at a local sushi buffet which is actually quite good for being a buffet. They have a little bit of everything including Hibachi which I love.

I'm still waiting to hear back from the employer where I had my follow-up interview at last Monday which I believe went quite well. I gave them a call Friday just to see if they had made a decision or if the position had been filled and what not. Thought it would show a little extra initiative and that I was highly interested in the spot. The owner told me that it was still open and he was planning on sitting down with the managers Saturday to discuss it. So hopefully sometime early this week I'll hear from them. I could definitely use something to help kill the time instead of just sitting at home trying to find chores to do and errands to run.

As for the pains they seem to have just about completely subsided but I am still getting them a few times a day but nothing like earlier so that has me feeling a little better about everything. Unfortunately my sleep pattern is still pretty screwed up, didn't get to sleep last night until 5am, but I'm going to force myself to get up a little earlier tomorrow to try and get this under control. I have a little over two weeks before I go in for another LFT blood test and should be able to get the results same day from the medical records office and will see my doctor the next day so wish me luck with that as I am still pretty concerned. I probably wouldn't be as concerned if I hadn't been such an ignorant fool by drinking heavily while I had mono but my doctor didn't mention anything so I really had no idea although I don't blame him. I should have inquired about it myself.

Anyways again thank you to everyone here for all the support. Not sure what I'd do without all the help I've gotten here. Can't wait till I get to that one month mark. I'm sure I'll do another check in here in a few days.

By the way craze283 where do you live in Ohio?

Zack
Old 04-05-2009, 11:35 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Hey zandre,

Great news about the pain subsiding. I remember all the concern I had when my side was really aching alot, but, it seems to just be alcohol related. Now, if I would only be so concerned about the damage to my brain, lol.
Old 04-12-2009, 09:27 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Just another check in...

Well I'm officially on day 21 (3 weeks WOOHOO!!!). I can feel that month getting here before I know it. Definitely feeling better with each passing day but unfortunately still getting these darned pains occasionally so still pretty nervous. I have my next blood test in 10 days and see my doctor the day after. I'm extremely anxious to see those results so those 10 days can't pass fast enough especially since I'll be able to get the results same day and I know a thing or two about judging LFT's now (WAYYY too much researching). Ha maybe you guys could throw a few extra prayers in for some positive news out of that.

Anyways on a lighter note I have some pretty awesome news. This past Wednesday I got the job I was interviewing for. Pretty siked about it and I definitely need something to pass the time during the day and I'll be making a little extra dough who doesn't love that. I start training tomorrow so I'm looking forward to that.

Again thanks to everyone here for all the support.

Zack
Old 04-12-2009, 10:10 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Congrats on your sober time!! I came into this conversation late...

I was put on a serious vitamin regiment because I couldn't sleep on my right side for about 3 months. Just a dull ache, but constant.

Milk thistle, dandelion root for the liver. Just make sure you're...uhhh....never too far from a restroom. Water, water, water is the key. Just keep very hydrated. And EAT!

Prayers coming your way...