Notices

Newcomers with experience

Old 03-26-2009, 11:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Newcomers with experience

As a person who at one time had almost 20 years of sobriety and a relapse of approx. 8 years and now with 21 days back, I look around at the damage I alone caused and have been humbled and brought to my knees by this chronic and fatal disease. The story about the shepard (God or your higher power) who tends his flock of 100 sheep loves them all equally but pays very close attention to the one who has wondered to the edge of the cliff, he wants that sheep back more than all else,us. I right that little pass me on because at this point in my life I have severly damaged my relationship with the 2 most important people in my life, my daughters. This is just a message of hope and that we are not alone and I say that because it is to reinforce what I know but do not feel at this time in my life. Godspeed all. All replies welcome.
Old 03-26-2009, 11:26 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Welcome Back Bob!
I only have a year but I have seen that the disease never goes away and will come back with a vengeance. I hear it is difficult to come back when you have had a lot of sobriety and am so glad you are here.

I have four daughters that I raised while I was drinking and I understand what it is like to be an alcoholic and have children. It is the hardest thing I have ever faced up to in my life. If it weren't for the program (AA) I just don't think I would have a chance.

Please keep in touch and let us know how you are doing.