Notices

Ot..dea

Old 03-24-2009, 07:55 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Ot..dea

HAs anyone seen this show?
Its like super cops.
It is crazy the things that they show. And really baffling why they would show so much of how they operate.
I learn alot watching it. If I knew then what I have seen on that show.

I was busted by DEA one time. And it had me shook for like a year. I would almost drop from fear everytime I saw a thunderbird car. Bevcause thats what they all were in. They knew everything about us. For like months prior to the bust. They dont play and the info they accumulate is amazing. It is a very dangerous job. Thats somehting I would love to do if i didnt have a record. i always wanted to have a career in law some way or another.
EVer since I was a kid. Ironic how that turned out.
Oh well. No more cops and robbers for me.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
HAs anyone seen this show?
Its like super cops.
It is crazy the things that they show. And really baffling why they would show so much of how they operate.
I learn alot watching it. If I knew then what I have seen on that show.

I was busted by DEA one time. And it had me shook for like a year. I would almost drop from fear everytime I saw a thunderbird car. Bevcause thats what they all were in. They knew everything about us. For like months prior to the bust. They dont play and the info they accumulate is amazing. It is a very dangerous job. Thats somehting I would love to do if i didnt have a record. i always wanted to have a career in law some way or another.
EVer since I was a kid. Ironic how that turned out.
Oh well. No more cops and robbers for me.
I can't watch that stuff, I find it absolutely appalling that this country still treats this serious public health issue as a matter for the criminal justice system. And they perpetuate the myth that we can somehow win this eternal 'war on drugs'.

Unholy alliance between the criminal justice system and the dealers, the only folks getting hurt are the addicts, families, and innocent bystanders, which would include the taxpayers.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I haven't heard of that show....but I am totally addicted to forensics, cops and all that good stuff...lol.
Freeze, Stick em' up!....lol.
XOXO
Old 03-24-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I've watched it, but haven't seen it in a while. I never even thought about it, but a girl I was in nursing school with, her husband worked for the DEA. When I got in trouble with the board of nursing, I was reported to the DEA, but they apparently never pursued it...lucky for me, huh? All I need is a federal agency on my case...local and state is bad enough!

I, too, am addicted to all the forensic and cop stuff. My TV pretty much stays on the ID (investigative discovery) channel. I'm watching "the real NCIS" now.
Old 03-24-2009, 08:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
BKP

I have a good friend who works with the Police Drug Team Taskforce and another good friend in Federal Prison for 50+ years for getting busted with the International smuggling and RICO laws. It is good to have a variety of friends hahahaha
:wtf2
Old 03-24-2009, 08:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

It's in my Netflix queue lol...
Old 03-25-2009, 06:37 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Originally Posted by sailorjohn View Post
Unholy alliance between the criminal justice system and the dealers, the only folks getting hurt are the addicts, families, and innocent bystanders, which would include the taxpayers.

couldnt have said it better myself. eventhough I am an addict, i am still in firm belief that the legalization of all drugs would benefit our society as a whole. It would clear out our jails over 50%(reducing state taxes) and cut down on all other violent crimes(no more gang shootouts over a corner piece of terroritory+ all these gangs would be broke because a majority of ther funds come through selling illicit drugs) it would eliminate the pusher's overseas and we would see an international decrease in terrorist attacks. those are only some of the positives that would come along from legalization of drugs

Now before people go and say "whattt are you crazy? make drugs LEGAL? you know how much bigger of an addiction problem we would have in america then?" To be honest, drugs are pretty easy to buy right now even being illegal. And tons of alcoholics get clean and stay clean even though they can walk to the store and buy some booze if they want. i see no reason we addicts couldnt do the same.

Back ontopic :: Never seen DEA but ill have to check it out, what channel is it on?
Old 03-25-2009, 07:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

You know there was a time here in the US when drugs of all types were legal, let us say crack or meth was legal, how many crack heads or tweakers do you know who could hold down a job to where they could afford to buy their DOC legally?

I will be the first to say that it is a waste of time and money trying to take down the users, they are the victims, when it is better to cut off the head of the snake, the body dies without a head.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:06 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

the problem with that taz is that our government makes to much money off the importers of illegal drugs. Do you know how many hundreds of thousands of jobs are created alone for americans for the sole purpose of stopping drugs from getting onto US soil ?

Not to mention how some of the high ups get bribes and kickbacks from the pushers in order to let some narcotics flow steadily through the USA.

People are greedy by nature, it is not something learned throughout life.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:26 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

ex D-Boy let us look at the damage caused by a legal drug in comparison to all other illegal drugs.

More people die from alcoholism then all other illegal drugs combined.

More people are killed by drunks driving then all other drug users combined.

More people suffer long term medical problems from alcoholism then all other drugs combined.

So the one legal drug in the US by itself causes more hell then all of the illegal ones combined, what does that tell one?

I will be perfectly honest and say in my younger days if crack, smack, ice, coke, or what ever were legal I would have been doing them because I could have easily got them just as easily as I could booze.

I have a strong suspicion that we would return back to the era when all drugs were legal and find out once again why they illegalized them in the first place.

There are tons of non-alcoholics who drank like a fish when they were in HS & college that simply grew up and started to drink responsibly. How many people do you think could hit that crack pipe like a crack head when they were in HS & college and then simply grow up & smoke crack responsobly? LOL

Grab a really old Sears & Roebucks mail order catalog, you can find morphine & Herion in there along with really nice hype kits. Then grab a good American history book and check out the effects that legal drugs had back then & why they illegalized it.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:37 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

tazman do you know, that during the prohibition era in america they have done studies and came to the fact that more people were drinking alcohol than when it was legal. which is why they decided to re-legalize it. they were having tons more problems with people dying from drinking to much moonshine not realizing the potency and the amount of people drinking was more than double.

If drugs were legal, there would be much less overdose deaths. No medical conditions from sharing dirty needles, and people could be educated at a young age about TRUE dangers from using drugs. Not the propaganda and lies that are told today like "try heroin once and your automatically hooked!"

Now I am not saying there arent still problems today from alcohol being legal, but , there were multiple more problems with society when alcohol was ILLegal. And like I said before, drugs arent hard to find. if you have your mindset on finding drugs, 9 out of 10 times you will find what your looking for within a few hours..

on a lighter note I am reminded of something Chris Rock said in one of his stand-up's "You know the REAL reason weed and coke aint legal??? Cus the best coke and weed aint made in america!! Its as simple as that"
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

So we make everything legal, we educate just like we do about alcohol right?

Well the crime rate will certainly drop because it will all be legal.

No overdoses because it is legal? There are tons of people that die from alcohol poisoning which is just a nice way of saying they ODed on alcohol.

So are you also saying that a coke head will not OD because it is legal?

"Hi, I would like to buy 5 8 balls, I promise I will not do them one right after the other."

Legal or not people are going to OD, granted the odds will be lower because an addict will always get the same cut on his dope, but hey when one is super F'ed up one can lose count or just not give a rats patoot.

How many people do you think avoid dope because of it being illegal? I for one did, yes I did smoke dope in HS, but once I got a bit older I stuck with booze because as long as I was not driving or causing trouble I was not going to get busted and get Bubba as a bunk mate.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:20 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ADayAtATime View Post
I haven't heard of that show....but I am totally addicted to forensics, cops and all that good stuff...lol.
Freeze, Stick em' up!....lol.
XOXO
Ditto!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:21 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Aww..You changed your avatar Suz..Does that mean your feeling better?
Old 03-25-2009, 08:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
Aww..You changed your avatar Suz..Does that mean your feeling better?
I'm working on it...
Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Mr.MeToo?

Originally Posted by Tazman53 View Post
So we make everything legal, we educate just like we do about alcohol right?

Well the crime rate will certainly drop because it will all be legal.

No overdoses because it is legal? There are tons of people that die from alcohol poisoning which is just a nice way of saying they ODed on alcohol.

So are you also saying that a coke head will not OD because it is legal?

"Hi, I would like to buy 5 8 balls, I promise I will not do them one right after the other."

Legal or not people are going to OD, granted the odds will be lower because an addict will always get the same cut on his dope, but hey when one is super F'ed up one can lose count or just not give a rats patoot.

How many people do you think avoid dope because of it being illegal? I for one did, yes I did smoke dope in HS, but once I got a bit older I stuck with booze because as long as I was not driving or causing trouble I was not going to get busted and get Bubba as a bunk mate.
1. I did not say there would be NO overdoses because drugs would be legal, what I said is that the rate would drop as well. being that people would be more informed about the potency of drugs. Take this for a simple analogy for ya :::

How many overdoses are there on Oxycontin as opposed to Heroin??? Far more die from heroin overdose than Oxycontin, but why? They are both essentially the same drug. The reason being that Oxycontin is a controlled regulated drug. the same amount of drug each time you get it, the user does not have to worry if this dose is going to be super strong and they wont be able to handle it like that with heroin.

2. You conveniently disreguarded that during the prohibition days MORE people were drinking and more people were dying as opposed to now when alcohol is legal. Why do you think they tried to outlaw alcohol but quickly realized how much WORSE things got because of the illegalization of it. So they backtracked and made it legal once again.

3. I realize being that you are 53 years old you are not that "intouch" with kids today. But kids today are not afraid of trying something because it is illegal and supposed "harmful" to them. They get it beatin into their heads at a young age how terrible and horrible marijuana is, and when they actually try it, they look back and say "wow, this wasnt bad at all, why was my health teacher , parents, etc lying to me?? Maybe if they were lying about these things they have lied about other drugs as well, let me go experiment and find out!!" This situation happens almost daily with young children.

4. Do you realize, more than 75% of violent crimes in america today is drug related?? Think about the drop of innocent people getting shotdown because some dealer is chasing after somebody who either wont pay his drug debt, or just tried to steal from him. So innocent little Jesse walking on the street gets his life ended because of it. Or better yet, one drug crew trying to knock another one off because they are cutting into their profits, so they driveby and gun down a house.

5. People are people. There are some un-intelligent people who will yes, go and buy 5 8balls of coke and do it all at once and end up hospitalized. However, eduaction is the key. if properly informed and guided without lies and the "just say no" policy you give the person all the tools necessary to choose for themselves.

6. You also talked about when drugs were legal and how certain people using those drugs could not hold a job. The only reason drugs are so pricey is because they are illegal resulting in most addicts having to commit crimes to get them. Heroin and Cocaine are actually pretty cheap to produce. Being legalized im sure they would be taxed very highly like ciggs and alcohol but it would still be much cheaper than the 40 $$ people nowadays for .2 grams of heroin.

It has been proven , for the past 20 years, that our current policy and action towards the drug war IS NOT WORKING. I can see by your posts that we are not going to come to some sort of agreement so lets just move on ;O
Old 03-25-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

I realize being that you are 53 years old you are not that "intouch" with kids today.
LOL No I was a child of the 60's! Ever hear of Timothy O'leary? He was the Guru of Acid, he coined the phrase Drop acid and see God and Drop in and drop out. I am from the generation of free love, drugs and rock & roll! I thank God Crack and coke were not readily available then, alcohol damn near killed me, if crakc and coke had been around then I would not of lived to see 20.

You conveniently disreguarded that during the prohibition days MORE people were drinking and more people were dying as opposed to now when alcohol is legal.
Prohibition brought about more deaths due to boot leggers who did not give a crap, formaldyhyde was an occasional additive for boot leg liquor, just like dealers cutting smack with styrcnine today killing folks.

Once again alcohol kills more people today then all other drugs combined!

Just think about legalizing crack, your little sister could be paying the local crack head some money to get the crack head to buy her some crack at 7-11 because she heard it was fun and wanted to try some. No different then me when we used to pay the old wino to get us some beer from 7-11.

Which would you rather have available easily from 7-11 to your little sister from the local crack head/wino, crack or beer?

Do you realize, more than 75% of violent crimes in america today is drug related??
Do you think violent crime will go down when the crack heads and tweakers can't hold a job and still want to score? Crack heads and tweakers could not support a legal habit off of welfare and they sure can't hold down a job. When the crack or ice starts calling they are going to get the money to score from some where right?

Do you think crack heads and tweakers can hold a job any longer then a drunk can?

People are people. There are some un-intelligent people who will yes, go and buy 5 8balls of coke and do it all at once and end up hospitalized.
So if an inteligent person does coke they will remain intelligent even when they are higher then a kite? Kind of like me when I was downing that first 12 pack and hoping in my truck to get another one?

However, eduaction is the key. if properly informed and guided without lies and the "just say no" policy you give the person all the tools necessary to choose for themselves.
My education about alcoholism did nothing for me, my father and both my grandfathers were recovered alcoholics and that did not stop me from drinking.

I did choose for myself, just like any other teenager does today.

Be honest, did you give a damn what you were taught about drugs? Did it even make you hesitate to check it out?
You also talked about when drugs were legal and how certain people using those drugs could not hold a job. The only reason drugs are so pricey is because they are illegal resulting in most addicts having to commit crimes to get them.
Have you checked out the unemployment rate among addicts in Sweded where drugs are legal? Check out the violent crime rate among addicts in Sweden.

We are whipping a dead horse, in my youth I beleived just like you and gave all the very same reasons, at the age of 55 and having seen the results of both alcoholism and drug addiction, the only difference legalizing it all would be it would be far more afforadable and available to more people. I remember well when I was 16 how I was superman!!! Nothing could harm me, if it was fun I was going to do it.

I could drink until I passed out with no harm to me or any one else, I could drive drunk, I could drive 120 MPH and not be harmed, I knew it all then, I had all the answers and I became an alcoholic. If crack or meth had been legal I would probably be a dead crack head or tweaker.

I kind of like the price of illegal drugs high, the higher the better, the less chance of one of my kids deciding "Hey that crack is pretty cheap, lets slip the crack head a 5 spot and check it out."

As a parent of 6 kids and the grandfather of 8 the higher the price of crack, meth and the like the better, no need making it cheap and readily available.