Notices

Whats the meaning of your avatar?

Old 03-25-2009, 12:15 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

My avitar came from the curious eye that I truly have on so many of you. I used to be a model in Holly-weird.... NOT with a purple eye ..... and loved that pix cuz I see my young/creative life in that.

If someone could create a beautiful Snowman....... welll..... my avitar may change! My 'Lil "SNOWS" is the most beautiful thing/person/baby/ I've EVER seen!
Old 03-25-2009, 02:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Mine is my Belgian Sheepdog Shania which I got from a breeder who use to frequent these boards and is still a good friend to this day.

It is a reminder to me that I can become addicted to ANYTHING, rofl. She warned me, honest she did. Told me Belgians are very addictive that they are like Lay's Potato Chips, you can't have just one. My head went yeah yeah, sure, it won't happen to me, roflmao

Well I picked Shania up at the airport on 4/20/07 and I was back at the same Continetal Cargo on 12/1/07 to pick up Mitch ........................... my other Belgian Sheepdog, lol

I am holding at 2 ................................. for now, lol

Before Shania, my avatar was my beloved Kita, a wolf hybrid who has been gone to the bridge for almost 2 years now. Kita is still my signature.

My fur babies are very precious to me and I wouldn't have had a one of them yet all of them if I hadn't found recovery.

J M H O

Love and hugs,
Old 03-25-2009, 02:54 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I chose my avatar because of the so many empty promises there are in the alcohol bag.
Old 03-25-2009, 03:16 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I change mine frequently as I think they are fun. They really do say a lot about a person. I love animals, my dog and cat were the only friends left when I drank. I quit drinking months ago and just quit smoking almost a weeks ago. The cat tapping the fingertips kind of reflects my patience since I have stopped smoking.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:27 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

MIne is a picture of Dale Chihuly glass artwork this one a boat on water and I identify with it because it's fragile and out on the sea alone.

J
Old 03-25-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I really like that one with the glass. Its amazing what they can do with glass.
I was a flea market last summer and they had these glass pendants for necklaces that were amazing. Shaped with colors swirling through them and even had the loop for the necklace coming off very clever to look like part of the piece. I wanted one so bad.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:42 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Follow Directions!

Taz is my alter ego, he is the side of me that I no longer want to be, the tornado of destruction & pain.

There was a time when I was proud enough of ole Taz to get a tat of him on my right arm.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:54 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I posted recently when I changed mine. So I won't belabor my explanation. I love to ski... This is me alone on a trail with no obvious beginning or end, beauty surrounds me and is off in the distance, waiting.

It is a metaphor for my path of recovery.

I like photography and the outdoors.... I'll probably change it soon with the change of seasons. Cycling, hiking, canoeing.... whatever comes to mind. They are all journeys .

Mark
Old 03-25-2009, 08:01 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

My daughter likes photography. Mine is a picture she took from our back deck.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:18 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  
learning

I joined SR in May of 2003. I came here believing I knew it all about Recovery and proceeded to argue and troll until I was deservedly banned.

The MOD who "paused" my then user-name switched my avatar to the grumpy little dude you see here.

I thought it was a hilarious.

Turns out that I didn't know **** about Recovery and I am now here trying to learn.

The grumpy little dude stands as a reminder of who I don't want to be.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:27 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
A new dawn and new chapter

That's just me getting ready to play my own version of baseball, it's a little bit more barbaric then your standard game of baseball

Actualy that's a charcter from a game called weaponlord, one of the thousands of street fighter clone games that came out in the 90's. Wasn't really that great of a game but I liked that charcter.

I picked that one over a year ago during one my many attempts to get back on the wagon. I was bound and determined that no matter what I would never go back to driking and I would be as ready as he looks for whatever came my way. Of course that attempt failed, but like any good warrior when he falls he picks himself back up from the rubble and stands defintaly one more time. Might of lost out on that time but you come back stronger and the wiser the next try!
Old 03-25-2009, 08:29 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

I like Eeyore.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:38 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

My name is Emily. I like to pretend I am a freestyler. My old friend Andy M. gave me the MC name Emimily - Emily with rhyme in the middle.

I am from Colorado, and I am a mountain girl... snowbunny, or thrasher, whichever you prefer.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:44 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Screen name is my favorite type of coffee drink, Latte.

My picture is from the Mat-Su Valley here in Alaska. This is a beautiful place.
Old 03-25-2009, 08:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I enjoy all the funny, positive, and inspriational avatars here, I went to this avatar after my last relapse. The boat is a metaphor for the way I felt... a useless wreck. Where I'm at now, it helps me not to forget it.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:27 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

My avatar is me, thinking about what I could, and can, do with my sober life.

It was taken by my wife on a wilderness lake several years ago in Michigan one day....she says its her favorite pic of me.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

I change mine all the time but for some reason I keep coming back to Ganesh, dunno why. I think he is cool, lol.
Old 03-25-2009, 09:33 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Silly Rabbit

Ganesh IS cool! Very much so. My favorite is still Tara, but I do love Ganesh... And Shiva, and Brahma, and Vishnu, and Rama...
Old 03-25-2009, 01:33 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Sober since 9th May 2008

I've been through a few.

At present it is a picture of Stirling Castle, taken at night, when for a short while they had searchlights above it to form the Scottish saltire ( see Sailorjohns ).

I drive past this most days on my way to work and I still look in awe at it every time I see it.
Old 03-25-2009, 02:27 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I love the beach and went snorkeling for the first time last year and loved it...It looks peaceful. Plus serenity in the background.

IMT