Notices

Improving my memory.

Old 03-22-2009, 08:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Improving my memory.

Thats what I'd like to work on. My memory has greatly reduced to the point of major frustration after all the years of drinking.(don't know if thats the only cause, but I tend to lean that way) I hate it when I cant remember something 3 seconds after I was thinking about it. I could be on this site and think about another site I want to visit and if I dont do it right then, I will forget what site I wanted to visit very shortly after. I want to improve my memory and am looking for suggestions. Believe it or not, I was thinking about going to a toy store and buying that game called Simon. You know the one that makes you follow a sequence of color patterns and gets quicker the more successful you are during the game? I want to get somethings that will strengthen my memory, so if there are any ideas out there, I would greatly appreciate them.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:02 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

A new brain might do the trick. Seriously though, gingko biloba is supposed to be able to improve memory. It's natural and over the counter. Good luck with that simple Simon thingy. Maybe a combo of the two......
Old 03-22-2009, 09:09 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

This is going to sound stupid but there is a Nintendo game that was designed to improve memory. I have played it but I can't remember what it is called. Hence the reason this may sound stupid. I think it is brain tease or something like that but I am going to google it and see.

Just googled it. It is brain age and they are supposed to have data that shows it works. It is for the WII system.

Last edited by Fubarcdn; 03-22-2009 at 09:11 AM. Reason: Memory loss
Old 03-22-2009, 09:10 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

+1 on the Ginko Biloba. I take a multi everyday with ginko and ginsing.

Mind feels sharp.

And you know, I never forget to take it.
Old 03-22-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Eclectics Anonymous

This site is pretty neat:

https://www.lumosity.com/sign_up/new

It's a 7 day trial to start but it has some neat things on it.
Old 03-22-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by Fubarcdn View Post
This is going to sound stupid but there is a Nintendo game that was designed to improve memory. I have played it but I can't remember what it is called. Hence the reason this may sound stupid. I think it is brain tease or something like that but I am going to google it and see.

Just googled it. It is brain age and they are supposed to have data that shows it works. It is for the WII system.
Brain Age : Home

I like Luminosity too.

I force myself to remember trivial stuff all the time to keep myself working,
stupid stuff like books, quotes, actors and actresses names, films...

I will try some Ginko as recommended here. Thanks for the info!
Old 03-22-2009, 04:43 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have the same problem with memory. I used to pride myself on having a great memory, and both my memory (and my attention span) seems to have been severely affected from years of drinking.

Anyone have any tricks to improve attention span? (This wasn't a problem before drinking, so I don't think it's ADD or anything)
Old 03-22-2009, 10:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
1000 Post Club

Brain Age is not sounding stupid, very good memory improver, it's an educational game for the Nintendo DS, I have Brain Age and Brain Age II, gives you a series of certain memory/math things to do.

I also however am having this memory issue.... it never stops thirstforlife, what are we gonna do? -.-