Notices

Day 3...can't believe I made it through day 2

Old 03-22-2009, 07:53 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Day 3...can't believe I made it through day 2

Hi everyone,

I am sitting her so very grateful for not drinking yesterday. I woke up feeling strong but then by the afternoon, I was lonely and that is a huge trigger for me. I was feeling sorry for myself - both my parents are gone and I lost my brother two years ago. I have no immediate family here, but my in laws are fantastic and I know I can call or visit anyone at anytime, but didn't have the ambition to do so. I just felt like wallowing in self pity.

I got p.o.'d at hubby for living his life - he went to help his brother then painted a room (that I wanted him to) when he got home. I felt so alone and isolated that my skin was crawling.

I got myself out of the house - took my dog for a walk and felt so much better after that.

WHEW it was sooooooooooooo close,

So I am very happy to say DAY THREE!!!!!!!!! I haven't made it past day 17 in over two years so I know how fragile these early days are.

Thank you for reading, didn't think I would go on so long.

IMT
Old 03-22-2009, 08:10 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Way to go Itsmytime. I also found the first few days the hardest.
You can always come on here and post if you get lonely.
I personally prefer that to face to face contact but I am a bit of a loner anyways.
Keep at it. On to day 4.
Old 03-22-2009, 10:47 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Way to go
Day 3 here too!
Keep it up my friend!
XOXO
Old 03-22-2009, 11:00 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

everyday we wake up and don't pick up is great, i have 151 days today. because of everyone on here and in the NA rooms so thank you.

i am new to this web site and i think it is awesome i can't always make it to a meeting and this way i still can keep in contact and have dialogue with other addicts.

And a side note i don't really know what i am doing yet on this web site but i'm getting the hang of it so just stay patient with me please.
Old 03-22-2009, 11:19 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Day 3 for me too!

After going through a really tough eight months I managed to stop for 18 months. I've since relapsed three times over the last six months. After this last time I've finally realized that it's going to be a life-long battle and I need to accept the fact that I can never drink again.

I've been lurking around here for the last few days. This seems like a wonderful place for people like me and I really wish I would have found it sooner. I plan to feel my way around and join the community for the long haul.

I'm pretty shocked to learn how many other people share some of my alcohol related behaviors.