Notices

God give me patience..

Old 03-25-2009, 07:14 AM
  # 61 (permalink)  

Alcoholic or alcohol dependent, I feel that a decade of problem drinking has to leave you with a certain level of dysfunction that will take time to heal.
Old 03-25-2009, 07:24 AM
  # 62 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by firestorm090 View Post
To acknowledge that I am an alcoholic is something I never want to do, but by doing so I identify one of the main problems in my life. I can't drink like other people, when I drink, I drink to get drunk. It's not a social party to me, it's a trip to la-la land whenever I get drunk. Sure, I can go for periods of time without a drink, especially when I'm pursuing a goal I feel is important to me. But in the end, regardless of what I achieve, I still end up drunk.
That's a really good way of putting it and I can SO relate to that. I felt that exact same way, that I always ended up drunk or very intoxicated when I drank, particularly towards the end, the past 2 or 3 years. I came to realize that if drinking was going to continue to be a part of my life, so was ending up drunk...again & again, and I feel like (hopefully) I've had enough of that & I do acknowledge that I can't drink like "regular" people, at least not anymore. I crossed that bridge a long time ago. Thanks for that post, it's really hits home.
Old 03-26-2009, 06:30 PM
  # 63 (permalink)  

Hey Shawk, good to see you being strong man glad thinks are working out for you and your girl.
Stay strong man
Old 05-03-2009, 06:24 PM
  # 64 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Originally Posted by SHawk25 View Post

Nothing in this world will tempt me to drink again.

But someone here, don't remember who, asked me a simple yet very important question. Why would I drink again? And I couldn't come up with one good reason. There is no reason for me to ever drink again, and I am confident I won't. There is no benefit from drinking. I'm not being cocky or over confident, just confident. Looking forward to a completely sober life.
Bumping & quoting as a reminder to SHawk of who he is, where he came from, how far he's come and why it's important to remain sober. I really hope you're out there SHawk; reading, thinking, and reconsidering...
Old 05-03-2009, 06:39 PM
  # 65 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SHawk25 View Post
... But someone here, don't remember who, asked me a simple yet very important question.. Why would I drink again? And I couldn't come up with one good reason. There is no reason for me to ever drink again . . .

This was the point I was trying to make and Shawk made the point much clearer in his own post. Thank you!
Old 05-03-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 66 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm going to jump on and take credit for being the person who asked 'why would you drink again'.. unfortunately, though he remembered my question, I never did get an answer...