Notices

Thank you ALL

Old 03-18-2009, 11:40 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Location: Here's me. but when drinking could be found in doorways!
Thank you ALL

I came on here last week and i wasn't doing so well... im still not great but better than i was..... anyway
You guys really helped.... those who spoke to me with encouragement and those of you who wrote your own stuff.... (not sure im making sense)...
It helps me to read what others have written too.... take my attention away from me....

I finished the week on a real bad time.... i seriously thought about going to hospital.... my mind was giving up on me.... anyway... i did some stupid stuff and monday morning i woke and said "F**K IT".... I cant keep doing this to myself.
So monday night i dragged my butt back into a meeting... i'd stayed away as it was harder to get back in after an absence... especially still being a new comer.... well... thats what my brain told me...

They welcomed me as if i had never been away... it was really comforting...so i went again tuesday morning.... there wasn't many people there... only 4 of us and i really opened up... we kept it informal so it was like just having a chat with friends... they really helped... nobody laughed at my stupid thoughts or questions... they listened and answered.... even when i asked... why do they always have the best deals on alcohol in the shops when you give up?

I am feeling alittle better still today... so am heading back out to another meeting tonight... iwant to keep this feeling going.... i was so scared on sunday. I dont want to be that way again.

I treated myself today... I bought myself a laptop with the money i saved not drinking... which means i can stay in touch here... without having to go to the library.

This was meant to be a thankyou to you all.... im sorry i got side tracked.

THANKYOU

Be well
louis
Old 03-18-2009, 11:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Louis, that's a good message to share and great progress in your recovery. Enjoy that new laptop, you're making excellent use of it already!

PS: I still notice the gonzo deals on alcohol in the sale ads, so you're not unique in that
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am glad you posted!

We do understand, and that's why we're all here. Buying a new laptop is really cool! Stay connected!!
Old 03-18-2009, 11:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Louis, That is great. You sound so good. I love meetings. I'm happy to hear that you have been going and enjoying them. Keep on doing what you are doing. One day at a time. Do you have a sponsor & some phone numbers? Donna
Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You're making great progress, congrats on going back and for the new laptop.

I will give you one piece of advice about this statement:

why do they always have the best deals on alcohol in the shops when you give up?
Don't go to bars or liquor stores.

In AA we pray every day "lead us not unto temptation". It makes little sense to walk right into temptation of our own accord.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thats awesome!
Old 03-18-2009, 12:02 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Believe808 View Post
Louis, That is great. You sound so good. I love meetings. I'm happy to hear that you have been going and enjoying them. Keep on doing what you are doing. One day at a time. Do you have a sponsor & some phone numbers? Donna
Hi.... no... not yet... it was suggested to me to ask for numbers... it feels so rude to me though... im really quite shy in person til i get to know people...
I will though... i hope... one day.
This is a new meeting place tonight so i will hopefully meet some new people.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:05 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dgillz View Post
You're making great progress, congrats on going back and for the new laptop.

I will give you one piece of advice about this statement:

Don't go to bars or liquor stores.

In AA we pray every day "lead us not unto temptation". It makes little sense to walk right into temptation of our own accord.
Thankyo... I agree with that... unfortunately no where is safe now... even the local shop sells alcohol...
but if im too tempted i lock myself away and dont go out.
Old 03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm glad we could help you feel better about yourself. Congrats on the new laptop! Much better than money spent on alcohol - all you get for your money is misery. A laptop will be fun and won't make you feel awful the next day!

:ghug3
Old 03-18-2009, 12:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

louis, I love reading about people going to Meetings and feeling so welcome. That's what it's all about, one alcoholic helping another. It's not about a bunch of drunks sitting around crying in their coffee like many think. Who else better to talk to about our issues with alcohol than another alcoholic.

And there is never a stupid question, no one is ever going to laught AT you, they may laugh with you though. I know when I finally got the nerve to share things, some would laugh. I thought they were laughing at me, but it's quite the opposite. I realized that they laughed when I talked about something really ridicilous I did when I was using (like the outrageous lies I told the cops) I would see them laughing and nodding their heads in agreement. Nothing more comforting than knowing I wasn't the only one who did these things.

And a laptop! Excellent! If you have saved that much money already, then dude, you should be able to buy a new house in a month or two! lol What better gift to give yourself than a constant contact with a strong support system such as SR, but also a learning tool to discover all of the things we never knew existed when we were drinking up all of our money.

Stick around, the best is yet to come!
Judy
Old 03-18-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Miracles Happen

Louis don't be afraid to talk at meetings, and don't feel it is rude to ask for numbers, how do you think all those people got sober. People in AA welcome the phone calls, it keeps us sober.
Have a great time tonight at your meeting. And by the way, congratulations on your laptop. Money finally well spent, huh