Notices

Your Breaking/Turning Point

Old 03-18-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Well I never drank every night, but when I did I was always draggin a$$ the next day. So much so that I was coming to work late regularly. As a result I lost my job. It was devestating. I was so depressed that I started drinking everyday. Because it was summer I thought it was ok to start drinking early in the day & play with the kids outside. My sister is my biggest enabler & best friend, and soon we started getting together everyday so our kids could play together. And the entire day we would just drink & drink.
Then we both ended up getting a job at the same resturant together & we would sneak water bottles of alcohol in & drink through out our shift.
One night I stayed after work & drank a bunch of shots with some people.
I headed home about 2:30am. Next thing I knew my van ws rolling end over end.
Needless to say I ended up spending 2 days in jail.
And again I lost my job as a result!

Altough this didn't stop me from drinking I knew I had a real problem. I decided in Jan of this year that I had upcoming court dates, classes, another stay in the work house. that I needed to get a handle on things.

I knew for the sake of my kids, my marriage, my health I needed to stop!
Although I have had a few slip ups I am really not proud of. I feel like some things hve happened this week that have made me realize how important it is going to be for me to stay sober!