Notices

uhh yeah I am back

Old 03-16-2009, 03:06 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

uhh yeah I am back

Well I am back, I am starting to get tired of feeling like poop. This is a bad time to try not to drink with it getting warmer out and etc. Went through this before last year. I know what it takes, it takes not being embarrassed to ask for help, I hate asking my heavy drinking friends that I want to quit. I straight up want to quit right now, but I know when i feel better I will be back to wanting a drink. Just send some good thoughts my way. I plan on asking my dad if he can hang out this next weekend.
Old 03-16-2009, 03:13 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in sobriety

There is a lovely life to be had after drink, best of luck to you. Glad your reaching out....

good luck
Old 03-16-2009, 04:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

My worst day sober is far better than my best day drunk.

Welcome back!:ghug3
Old 03-16-2009, 04:25 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Resident

Sending out good thoughts to you.Mcribb.
Hanging out with your dad is a great way to spend the weekend.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hi,
Glad you posted! There is a great life to be had sober and for me drinking became an absolute hell.

I found I had a lot of help by establishing sober friends locally. I got a lot of them through AA and found there is people of all ages, professions and walks of life so it is was easy to find people like myself. I see these people daily and when I need to talk to somebody about things they always provide the right understanding support.

I don't hang with my old drinking buddies unless it is in a safe environment. A couple of my old drinking buddies have asked me for help though when they showed up at AA. One of them picked up another DWI, is shaking like crazy and is attending per a judges order. I hope we can reach him, he still does not believe he is an alcoholic yet.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing. I don't want you to go through what I went through. We all care here.
Old 03-16-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Welcome back...

Do you have a plan?
I find AA to be immensley helpful.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:52 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I am going to look into AA. I didn't really want to, but I need to bite the bullet and go. This will be my third time. I just get stressed to the point of drinking, i am planning hanging with my dad and having him just watch me and I plan on Praying more. I have a weekend drinking problem, but it is a bad one.
Old 03-16-2009, 01:54 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I am finding I am having to do things I dont want to do either in order to get clean. It seems to be working for alot of people. So I may as well open my mind and give it a try. I dont have anything to lose except more wasted time and possibly myy life.
Good luck and glad to see you back.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:01 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

yeah I don't want to stop hanging with my friends, but I don't want to be sick anymore, I don't want to be stressed all the time, but I don't want to be puking all the time acting like idiot. I got to figure some stuff out.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:04 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I am going to try to reward myself If i can make it through my weekend. Buy a new video game or something, before I really didn't do anything for my success. I am now planning on doing something, going out to eat or something for me doing well.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:16 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

I guess it all comes down to what you want more.
I agree... Do soemthing nice for yourself for doing well.
Just dont think you doing so well that one time wont hurt. You know what I mean?
Old 03-16-2009, 02:28 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

yeah I know exactly what you mean the truth for me though that one time probably wouldn't hurt, but when I got days off I will get frustrated with life go out and drink, be hungover, drink then drink again. I always have a wierd time quitting because I drink about the same as my friends, I never drink and drive, and I don't really have health problems other than being hungover as hell. I need to quit though because who knows how much my liver has left. I have drank a TON, also I have thrown up a couple times while passing out, I also am probably over the limit when I wake up the morning. So I need to quit. I always knew it lied on my shoulders to quit, but like an idiot I blammed the fact that I don't have a family, no girlfriend or kids, etc. Last week I really focused on the good things about being single, I think that has gotten me in a better mood not to be as moopy
Old 03-16-2009, 02:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Anexiety, worried, loose my stuff everywhere hung over most the week, spend a ton of money on booze. The one thing that just stinks is because I binge the weekend. I feel like all gun ho now but towards the end of the week I always give up. I am going to just read these feelings I have now write them out listen to them. for the end of the week
Old 03-16-2009, 02:36 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Sounds like a good idea.

Maybe write down on a piece of paper the pros and cons.
One side all the things that are good about drinking.
And on the otherside all the bad things.
And then all the good things about being sober and all the bad.
Keep it handy and look it over when you feel like you want a drink.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:37 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

Some positives around this time is I don't feel the impending doom of OMG what am I going to do without booze?! That was the worst feeling is already feeling like crap tuesday and you were going to have 3 more days of life kicking your butt. I think my main problem right now is I just do it out of habbit. I need to get supervised during the weekend for 4 months and set good habbits in. I hate kicking my friends to the curb, but if they aren't supportive then what good are they. One of the things is I am a funny guy, and I really am not outgoing or confident when I am not drinking, big deal though. Saving my liver is more important than being the wild man anymore
Old 03-16-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I hate how i recover then want to repeat the dumb cycle. I am sure I can get off it if i just get started on better habits
Old 03-16-2009, 02:41 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

I hear that alot.
I never was either before I used drugs. But I found as I transitioned back into "normal" life again. I really was that funny outgoin person I loved and everyone else loved when I was high.
I tend to believe tht statement isnt true. Sry.
Its just like having a lucky rabbit foot or something. You need that confidanc ein yourself other than alcohol.
I know you have it. You gotta believe in it tho.
And yes..If your friends arent helping..As much as it sucks. Then it would probably be best to distance yourself for awhile.
Old 03-16-2009, 02:46 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Practice Sobriety

I am working on the confidence thing, i needed to get that squared away last time. The thing that sucked my first time around is that sobriety sucked. Nothing was fun, everything sucked. I am going to try to make it not suck this time
Old 03-16-2009, 03:23 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Glad to see you are posting. The help and ideas are great here. For me I had to stop saying I would "try to" and replace it with "stop for good, for the rest of my life no matter what" type conviction. This was me personally though but I know many others who didn't really want to quit that just did the work of the steps and would up staying permanently sober. Some of them became leaders of my local AA and have been sober for years.

Keep going man, being sober is great!!
Old 03-16-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Yea..I do that alot too. What do they call that? Being a dry drunk? I was a dry user. I wasnt using but I wasnt doin much of anything els eeither. and its funny you mention that. Because I juts read in getr's thread how we have to make life count. Not just exist. So to speak.
And I think alot of times with me that I put the drugs down and I think that everything is all goin to be peachy. Well it wasnt and never is if I sit around waiting for life to happen instead of amking it happen.
Good words here. I have been glued to this site for past couple weeks. I have goin through alot and I tell ya. I have learned so much here in that couple weeks.
I have to do something I am not wanting to do. But I am goin to do it. With an open mind and take advantage of it. Even if it isnt what I really wanted. And then I am goin to work on living life instead of watching it pass e by. Because high or not. Just existing and nothing more is not how I want to be.
So lets commit to making the most out of recovery. By taking action.