Notices

Why do you log on here every day?

Old 03-13-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
Is it because, you've developed friends?

Want to share? Need advice?

Just curious as to why, you stay active on the site??
Lotta good stuff here-the ESH.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:14 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have to say I would have relapsed many, many times by now if I didn't come here and remind myself of why I started this journey. I am coming close to being 1 year sober and lately it has become a bit harder for me. It may sound weird, but I keep thinking that it wasn't that bad and what not. I have to keep reading those first posts of mine to remind myself that yes, it WAS really that bad. I also like to "try" to help newcomers here because I was given so much help when I came here. Haven't been sober this long in so many years and that is something I have heard repeatedly from many here. I would say SR is a great form of recovery if you use it to its full extent.

1. Post before giving in.
2. Post to help others.
3. Read, read, read to educate yourself on what to do in order to stay sober. Important to me because I had been sober many times before, but staying sober was not something I could accomplish.

Love the site and love the people and the friends I have made and the friends I have yet to make.
Old 03-13-2009, 12:17 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CAPTAINZING2000 View Post
Is it because, you've developed friends?

Want to share? Need advice?

Just curious as to why, you stay active on the site??
I used to & now have gotten bad about it.
I miss it here!

I do talk to someone here pretty regularly, and am greatful for the friendships I have made here!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:41 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Because you all are so much smarter than I!

Because I'm inspired by stories of success and humbled by stories of missteps along the way.

Because this process is much less daunting when there are people who do not even know you who are so happy to try to help.

Because I've never made it past 7 days, and today, with the help from this site I'm on 14!!!!!
Old 03-13-2009, 12:54 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

Thumbs up

Originally Posted by oliveblank View Post
Because you all are so much smarter than I!

Because I'm inspired by stories of success and humbled by stories of missteps along the way.

Because this process is much less daunting when there are people who do not even know you who are so happy to try to help.

Because I've never made it past 7 days, and today, with the help from this site I'm on 14!!!!!

I'm glad to hear that
Old 03-13-2009, 01:34 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I come because of having made great friends, (Like Carol and Hardwired said) it's a great supplement to AA and it helps me focus on staying sober.
Wes
Old 03-13-2009, 03:28 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
mergirl

Stay with us horselover, your year anniversary will be a fantastic things for us all!

I log on because I have learned so much in such a short time, and things are changing so fast for me, I hunger to learn more!
And because there are so many wonderful people here
Old 03-13-2009, 03:39 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

This is goin to sound so corny. But if I dont come to SR even one day. I feel off.
Its like if I were to wake up in the morning and pass a family member in the hall and not even acknowledge them.
I come here mostly because I can vent. People understand me. And I am a whole lot to understand sometimes.
I can come as I am and not feel like a freak.
I have made soem really good friends here. Without them it would be like losing a family member.
I come to receive support and insight. I come to give support where and when I can.
I come to be reminded as Amy said of the places I have been in this addiction. I come to be reminded of what exactly it is that I am fighting for day in and day out.
Even in my lowest times I can always come here ad find encouragement and hope.
And most of all because you all tolerate me. LOL
I can be a handful sometimes. And its liek you guys dont even mind.
Theres alot to be said for that. And not only with me but ohters like me. Its unconditional here. Just like my real family. It warm and comforting to know there are people in the world willing to be so selfless and tolerant.
I just love SR and everyone here.
Old 03-13-2009, 03:51 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

I come to see aspects of myself in the honest posts of others. The sharing of experience helps me to acknowledge where I have been, what I am up to today, and where I hope to go. I really appreciate the honesty and helpfulness I find on this site.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:13 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I have logged in every day since deciding to quit 10 days ago. I have found a lot of encouragement and hope from those who have been sober much longer than I. I have also learned a lot from those who have suffered relapses. Although I don't post a lot yet, I hope my participation here will not only help me but others too. I also hope to do an online chat meeting too soon. Thanks SR
Old 03-13-2009, 04:24 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Horselover View Post
I have to say I would have relapsed many, many times by now if I didn't come here and remind myself of why I started this journey. I am coming close to being 1 year sober and lately it has become a bit harder for me. It may sound weird, but I keep thinking that it wasn't that bad and what not. I have to keep reading those first posts of mine to remind myself that yes, it WAS really that bad. I also like to "try" to
I completely agree with this Horselover. The further I get away from that last drink, the fuzzier the emotions I felt on that day become. Posting on SR has immortalized those emotions for me to experience anytime I feel the "it wasn't so bad" thoughts creeping up again. I re-read my posts and I can FEEL the desperation I felt then. SR almost becomes a time capsule of our sobriety.
Old 03-13-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Lack 'a' power

Fellowship!!! To stay green and help if I can.
You guys help me with my >> <<<
Old 03-13-2009, 05:11 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I come here for a lot of the reasons others have mentioned here. It reminds me that I have a goal, to stay sober. And everyone here understands the struggle that I feel.
Old 03-13-2009, 06:13 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

great thread Cap'y!

i log on everyday as a commitment!

for my recovery, to give hope to others...

and i do my dailys...

its service work for me...

hey, i used everyday, why not do this everyday?

the most important reason, is when i came on to this site three years ago the end of this month, to post about the death of Miracal...

its my commitment to my departed Trish, who had the Gentle Art of Blessing thread, that she loved so much...

to keep it going on a daily basis...

see Trish, your still with your friends, everyday!
Old 03-13-2009, 08:26 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

I so enjoy the members that, stay on here and watch them celebrate each month and year.

I'd been on a site called sobercity and it folded up 5 years ago. I wasn't even looking for an AA forum. I found Sober recovery surfing for inspirational stories.

There's still a few people on here from when, I joined up. Some no longer post. I hope, it's because, they haven't got time as opposed to going back out.

We've lost a few members to the disease of drugs and alcohol on this site
Very painful reminder of what can happen to any of us
Old 03-13-2009, 08:57 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

For me its vital i come to share with others like me...

I am privileged to find friendship here as well...

And to share how i fell in the hole...how i climbed out...and how i now keep away from the edge...
Old 03-13-2009, 08:58 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

No matter what happens tho...They are all remembered and still live on with us here. We can learn alot from everyone here.
Clean, sober, suffering, gone, moved on, whatever. I believe everyone who passes through here leaves some kind of reminder to all of us in some way.
And alot of times there are people just lurking. Be it a guest, a member in hiding, or anyone. You never know what they may read that may change their life.
And I read on Whats good today from HL...She mentioned how it was good to see SR working. MAking it happen. It is always amazing at what a difference a few words can make to people sometimes.
It is truly a blessed place.
Old 03-14-2009, 04:13 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

I came here because this site had people who know what the hell of addiction is, and how screwed up those connected to addiction in any way can be. I was desperate and felt at home here. Now I come here daily to keep myself on track, to see if there is any way I may help someone else going thru a similar experience to mine, and to gather the many pearls of wisdom and loving support of others.

SR and all those who post, are in my prayers each day. You are my sanity keeper and life line.
Old 03-14-2009, 05:27 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I come here every day cause it helps me stay sober. I've made many friends and feel like I'm part of a big loving supportive family. SR is my 'safe place' when the world is too much for me to handle.

:ghug
Old 03-14-2009, 11:57 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  

I love meeting new people from around the world all sharing a common goal of helping each other!