Notices

4th Day And Excited

Old 03-12-2009, 12:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

4th Day And Excited

Hello. This is my forth day sober, 3rd day on this site.. I don't know what kind of drinker I would be considered.. Never HAD to drink, I just drank occassionally to have more fun doing things.. But I drank often enough to where it financially strained me and now my fiance left because of it (hopefully only temporary).. So I would definitely say I have a problem whatever level it is..

A couple of days ago I couldn't imagine not ever drinking again, thought my life would be just dull and boring. Wasn't appealing at all.. But after talking to some people on this site I can happily say that I'm EXCITED to go through the rest of my life alcohol free..

As I reflect on the last 13 years of my life (Drank from 19-32).. I've noticed that all the good times in my life, vacations mostly, we like to travel.. They have all been clouded by drinking.. I never had a blackout or anything, but after a vacation or a sporting evernt or a concert. I try to look back on it and my memory of everything is fuzzy.. Because everytime I was drinking.

I can't wait to do things WITHOUT drinking and actually be able to appreciate things and enjoy life. Thank you to everyone here for making my transition an exciting one..

P.S. And God willing I hope and pray that she can see that I'm gonna be a changed man. I can't bear to think I lost the best thing that happened to me cause I was too weak with drinking..
Old 03-12-2009, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Awesome SHawk! Glad that you are finding yourself comfortable with your sobriety!

Is a great step towards unclouded memories and happier times!

And yeah, the amount of money that it takes to stay drunk is astonishing!
If you already drank a stash of it that was destined to something different than
the bottle - then it is a big issue! I got money sent as a X-mas Bonus: to eat and repair
things around the house. I completely blew it all at the bars - how dumb can one be?

Keep it up. All the best for you, man!

Last edited by AlkalikeH; 03-12-2009 at 12:36 PM.
Old 03-12-2009, 12:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
let it grow!

good job! hugs, k
Old 03-12-2009, 12:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

welcome to sobriety

i was an every day drinker and all my money went on alcohol,i lost my long time girlfrend i became very lonely and anti-social,i didnt think there was any way back for me but i found a solution in the rooms of AA,and soberiety has brought people back into my life that i had thought i had lost forever,but more importantly i was restored to sanity

i wish you all the best on your road to recovery

keep it simple
Old 03-12-2009, 01:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Resident

You are off to a flying start.
Keep it up.
It may take some time for your fiancee to share your joy in your new sobriety so be patient.
We are all pulling for you.
Old 03-12-2009, 01:37 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Be the best you can be, without booze...I truly believe that everything else will eventually take care of itself.

God bless ya, and good work man.

Peace.