Notices

To my fellow SR people...

Old 03-10-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

To my fellow SR people...

It's seems like there has been a lot of junk going on in these forums these days...but I would like to take a moment and say that this place has been extremely helpful and important to me during my struggle to get and stay sober. I fully understand that this is my battle and mine alone...but that doesn't mean that I have to face it alone. So, in light of recent posts and events I just wanted to say a big thank you and that I appreciate these boards and each and every one of you that are also fighting the good fight with me.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Success is easier, and sweeter, when shared with friends!:ghug3
Old 03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Being friends means sharing our burdens and our joys. Thanks seemethrough for being there for us as well!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Administrator

I agree with you, Seemethrough!

SR is an awesome place. I appreciate that we all work hard to keep these boards and this forum running smoothly.

Thanks everyone!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Karma Amputee

Before the "woe-is-me goodbye cruel internet forum world" thread got yanked and flushed, I just wanted to comment on why people do that, and what they hope to achieve. In a way, I'm playing right into it, but not in the way the OP of that thread intended. What they do is post a good bye thread in hopes of drawing the board's attention to it, where the attention starved poster hopes that people will then discuss them and whatever drama-laced issues they raised in their dramatic good bye post. They then lurk and read all the responses because any attention (even bad) is better than none at all. Then maybe somebody says something that "forces" the person to log back in and respond and before you know it they are right back posting, even though they said they never would, but this is OK in their mind because they finally got the attention they were starving for.

And yes SMT, I love this board and am grateful for it.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I always miss it, i am on here often enough, jeez!!!!!!...Ok ive got it, i know who;-)

Yeah this place is cool, and a great help!

Last edited by yeahgr8; 03-10-2009 at 09:56 AM. Reason: guessed it!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

The fellowship/support I have received here has been amazing. I have met some wonderful people here and have formed some really cool friendships. SR has been a major part of my ongoing recovery. As far as what others post about...I take what I need and leave the rest. I do try to help others whenever possible--by sharing my own experience, strength, hope.

True--some are sicker than others. I believe we all differ in our own degree of sickness and recovery. When that happens I try to remember to say a prayer for those still suffering.
Old 03-10-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love this place!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Boo hoo its all your fault I cant cope lol

Sorry to mock but that kind of thinking is so messed up, I love it at SR and I wish the woman in question all the best in finding somewhere she feels she belongs. x
Old 03-10-2009, 09:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

I for one am definitely grateful for the love, support, and encouragement of those on here and definitely couldn't have made it this far without this place. I am thankful for those that are here to share their stories of recovery, strength, encouragement and hope. And for those that have other motives, I'm sorry that they are around and have motives other than helping themselves and others to recover. And I am happy that we have such great mods and all to take care of what isn't related to recovery or what is hurtful to others.

I for one will focus on my recovery and being able to help out others the best that I can and know how to and will focus my time and energy towards that. And will definitely pay no mind to threads like the one that was pulled because like getr345 has said it is for attention, be it good or bad. I refuse to give attention to those who selfishly seek it and will give my utmost attention and respect to those who are fighting and struggling to stay sober and sincerely want the support from others to help stay sober. I don't know if any of this makes much sense or not but thanks for letting me share and a huge thank you to everyone on SR who has been a true blessing here and thank you to all the mods who help keep this place running smoothly.
Wes
Old 03-10-2009, 10:45 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by getr345 View Post
Before the "woe-is-me goodbye cruel internet forum world" thread .
HAHHAHHAHAA

That was funny.

I am really grateful to SR too. You guys help me stay focused and it's nice to know that when I have something crazy happen, that I can post about it and y'all get it.
Old 03-10-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Resident

I will add my thanks to each and every one of you that posts and shares their experiences.
I look forward to coming here daily as much, if not more, than going to the bars. At least here if you don't like what is being said you can change threads unlike the bars where you sometimes have to endure it until at least your beer is done. We all know we would never leave beer because the conversation was unpleasant.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:01 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

I think gtr345 nailed it on the head!!!!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:03 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Woe is me I am going to keep posting here no matter what anyone says.
and if that person really wanted attention, even though the thread was washed out we are still focused on it.
Old 03-10-2009, 12:08 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

I love coming here also.....i guess if you put a bunch of alkies and addicts in recovery together on a international site your gonna get the odd.....attention seeker or just general b@llsh@t.

Some of us have become very sick and mentally twisted in our drinking i guess...they are not at fault really.......just sick..imo.

Its a great site......because the vast majority of people here are A1.....IMO.

i try not to respond to posts with anger....easier said than done sometimes.

At home if i dont like the tv program i change the channel.............trucker
Old 03-10-2009, 12:10 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

^^^^^^^^^^ and If your still angry just look at truckers avatar
and you will crack up..
Old 03-10-2009, 12:20 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I'm just a girl

Originally Posted by trucker View Post
i guess if you put a bunch of alkies and addicts in recovery together on a international site your gonna get the odd.....attention seeker or just general b@llsh@t.
Could you imagine if they put us all on a deserted island together?!
Old 03-10-2009, 12:26 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

Originally Posted by seemethrough View Post
I would need to start drinking again!
Old 03-10-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

And all we had was coconut juice?
Old 03-10-2009, 06:28 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Life is Grand

Every family has it's struggle. Good, bad or in between, that is how I think of us, one big, messed up, dysfunctional, crazy family...and I LOVE IT!!!!
The good thing about it is that there is rarely a time when we are all down..there is always a hand to pull us up when we need it.
Everyone here helps me stay sober...one day at a time...and I thank you all.

Cathy