Notices

I just dont F***ing understand!!!

Old 03-09-2009, 06:43 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Chiynita,

that is so effed up. I know from reading your posts that you are one tough cookie, and you're going to find a way to get treatment.

Thinking positive thoughts your way, girl.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:45 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
RIP Sweet Suki

Wow! That Delancey Street place sounds wonderful!
Old 03-09-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Holy cow...The Delancey street in NY looks like a huge haunted house!! LOL
Its too far away. Like 4 hrs away. Theres no way I could get there.
My family all except my dad and gram arent speaking to me.
I am goin to check out Salvation Army.
Hell if I could pick and chosse like some pople have the luxury to do. I would go to S Florida. Recovery on the beach...OMG..Wouldnt that be nice.
Old 03-09-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Administrator

Salvation Army ARC New York

The Salvation Army Adult Rehabilitation Center ministries in the United States provide an in-residence rehabilitation program with a focus on basic necessities. Each beneficiary (program participant) is provided with a clean and healthy living environment, good food, work therapy, leisure time activities, group and individual counseling, spiritual direction, and resources to assist each person to develop life skills and a personal relationship with God as provided by Jesus Christ.
Anyone is welcome, as long as they are willing to participate in a Christian program of recovery and willing to work within the organization as they undergo treatment, as a way of funding their stay.

Salvation Army ARC rehabs generally run for 6 months or longer, you can get in for free and all of your food, shelter and clothing will be provided free of charge during this period.
The Salvation Army, providing sober sanctuary for those with nowhere else to go and changing lives for the better across the nation…The Salvation Army may be what you've been looking for.

Contact Details
Salvation Army ARC New York
ARC - Manhattan
535 West 48th Street
New York, NY 10036
(212)757-7745

ARC - Staten Island
2053 Clove Road
Staten Island, NY 10304
(718)442-3080

ARC - Bronx
4133 Park Avenue
Bronx, NY 10457
(718)583-3500

ARC - Mount Vernon
745 South Third Avenue
Mount Vernon, NY 10550
(914)664-0800

ARC - Brooklyn
62 Hanson Place
Brooklyn, NY 11217
(718)622-7166

ARC - Hempstead
194 Front Street
Hempstead, NY 11550
(516)481-7600

ARC - Albany
452 Clinton Avenue
Albany, NY 12206-6389
(518)465-2416

ARC - Poughkeepsie
570 Main Street
Poughkeepsie, NY 12601
(845)471-1730

ARC - Syracuse
2433 Erie Boulevard East
Syracuse, NY 13224
(315)445-0520

ARC - Binghamton
3-5 Griswold Street
Binghamton, NY 13904
(607)723-5381

ARC - Buffalo
1080 Military Road
Buffalo, NY 14217-2587
(716)875-2533

ARC - Rochester
745 West Avenue
Rochester, NY 14611
(585)235-0020
Old 03-09-2009, 07:09 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by suki44883 View Post
Wow! That Delancey Street place sounds wonderful!
Doesn't it seem sort of amazing? I just have no idea how hard it is to get in and it probably only works for certain types of people with its model and length. The place they live and work here in San Francisco is so beautiful.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:44 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Thx Anna..Albany is 10 mins away. Clinton Ave on the other hand is a hot drug spot.
I am goin to call tomorrow. Thank you everyone. I dont feel so much like a reject anymore. LOL Who would have ever thought I could feel like an outcast in such a situation.
Oh well...What doesnt kill me only makes me stronger.
Old 03-09-2009, 07:54 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

You my dear were never the reject........let me know where your going on the off chance that I dont go to prison this month we will be in the city the 2nd week of April for Edwards brothers wedding............much luck sweetie!

Love,
Pamm
Old 03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry to read that you didn't get to go today...that's awful. It sounds like you are still trying though, and I admire you.
KJ
Old 03-09-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Chiy, I think you are a very, very brave girl. My thoughts are with you through all of this. You are in the fight of your life...and my money is on you. Best Wishes to You.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:38 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Hi Chiynita...

O my word! Life has just dealt you a massive and unfair blow sweetie. I am so very sorry that this has happened to you. I don't really have any advice but I sure want to tell you how much I care and care that you get the help you want, need and deserve! You are a true ROCK to stay as strong as you are considering what you have just been through!

I wish you the VERY, VERY BEST in your quest to find help and stay positive.

Love Pancake =^..^= xo
Old 03-09-2009, 08:42 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Thx all..But I have to be honest. I dont feel like I deserve praise for anything. I got myself in this situation. Not that I deserve it. But I chose many years of drug use and running the streets. I was absolutely heartbroken when they told me that. But I cant say why me or anything like that.
I didnt get discouraged when one dealer was out of drugs. I just went looking for the next one. So I have to do the same with this.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Oh and I dont know what they did to my van. But that thing runs like a dream now. I know thats not something to be proud of. But they took dam good care of it. Absolutely spotless inside and smelled good. Its amazing. Thank goodness.And I got very lucky if you ask me. It could have been way worse. So yes..Time to cash in
Old 03-09-2009, 08:53 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  
6/20/08

You deserve a TON of praise for facing this head on.
Old 03-09-2009, 08:56 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
getting there

Chiy - you've had some major bullsh*t thrown at you - major excuses to use - but you still forge on. I think that's really inspiring.

I know from trying to get my mom into treatment (not quite there myself yet) that the healthcare system is not on the side of the addict. You have to really want it and demand it... but it seems like you do. I really hope this all works out for you. It's what you deserve.
Old 03-09-2009, 09:10 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Hi there. I'm new to any kind of chat thing. Some recent events have brought me to my knees and so here I am. You must really be struggling right now. I wish I had some strong suggestions. Good luck, If i hear of anything, I'll let you know. Keep your head up. m
Old 03-09-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

There's a program that my sister went through. It's a Christian organization, if you can stomach that. Anyway, it helped her alot and she had tried numerous other re-hab stuff, everybodies different. Anyway, they may have some free programs there. Just a thought. If your interested, i'll get some more info. m
Old 03-10-2009, 02:59 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

(((Trish)))

I can't tell you how my heart dropped, when Pamm was reading me your post over the phone. I really wanted to leave work, go to NY and smack someone!!

However, since I am walking on thin ice at work, again, I don't see them letting me have time off to tell a certain insurance company how to do their job! Speaking of jobs..for right now, I still have mine..I just need to learn how to keep my big mouth shut

I hope you've gotten some sleep and that you are able to find something today. You are so right...we never gave up, if the first dope boy (or 2nd, or 3rd, etc.) didn't have what we were looking for...we kept on until we got what we were after.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 03-10-2009, 07:40 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

For what it's worth.....

I'm new here but read your story and can certainly identify. I am so sorry for this loss....Not sure exactly what your experiences are but will share mine with the hope that maybe something, anything, will provide an idea to get you some sort of help.

I first called the emergency room at our hospital and talked to the admitting nurse; she told me to come in - no promises.....I went to the ER, told them I am an opiate addict and wanted to quit but was concerned about doing it alone, unmonitored because of potential health concerns. I sort of knew that there had to be a "medical" piece to this for insurance purposes. I made sure they knew that I had not been off the pills for 2 years straight and had a pretty high amount in my system as well as tolerance. After 12 hours of sobbing and I mean sobbing the entire time, I was finally admitted. I told the evaluating doctor that I did not want ANY medicine to get through detox (told him I wanted to really "feel" this so I would never go back to this place again) which triggered a "red flag" that I would need to be watched for "medical" purposes.....Once I was admitted and several hours later, I was offered some clonodine which I did accept but the point here is that if you can present one little medical piece - even if it's a history of high blood pressure, etc....it may get you in!

My thoughts and prayers are with you. It is criminal that insurance companies can dictate over our doctors but I guess we are stuck. I really wish you well and will be reading as your enter your journey to recovery!

Sending hugs -
Dona
Old 03-10-2009, 08:43 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Sorry I'm so late to this thread Trish... I really don't have any words other than I feel for you and am completely pi$$ed that this happend.
I'm glad you will be checking out the Salvation Army... Your in my prayers Trish!
Old 03-10-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

What do I have to do to get into treatment? She told me..If your not suicidal, homicidal, or have any medical conditons or mental psychosis. I will not be able to get in. And even if I did have those symptoms..I would only be able to go 5 to 7 days anyway.
I called Salvation Army. It is for men only.
I started crying telling this care advocate that I have been addicted for around 20 years. I did try killing myself in in 2007 and told her everythign I did to do it. How many jobs I have lost what I ahve done to get money and any and everything to get her to see I need help.
Well..Thats not now.

I cant afford the gas to go 2 towns over 5 days a week for IOP. It is simply impossible. Not without a job.
So go try and kill yourself again Trish. Threaten your family again. Then maybe we will give you 7 days for treatment.
I am done right now. I am so sick with this it isnt even F***ing funny.

WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!