Notices

I really

Old 03-06-2009, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Thumbs down I really

Really really want a beer, just 2 big ones. This is mythirs night w/ no beer but my first Friday and it is hard. I havent really slept well the last 2 days and I had a good day today and I need to remember that, I had to clean my house for 8 hours and it stil isnt perfect but I had neglected it so badly when drinking, then when my 2 and 1/2 year old cam e home from day care I was already exhausted and then I had to give her a bath and my body hurst so bad as I stopped pain pills as well. I dont know how , messed up I had the energy for all of this and now I am exhausted and dont know what I am goingto do with the weekend. I drink during everything I do, how do I make such a big change. Just sit here and not do anything? My husband asked me to quit for our family and he stopped with me for support even though he never drank to the level I did but I can te he wants and coud really use a beer after his long week of work but he is sticking with me b/c he knows if he gets it I will too. Its hard right now. I totally forgot about St. Paddys 9100% Irish here) and that is also my husbands b-day. I dont know how to do anyhting sober so I dont know what to do with myself and that frustrates me...
Old 03-06-2009, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Hi, I just did my first sober friday night for years and took my daughters to the movies (first time they ever seen me sober on a weekend), had a great time and woke up feeling fresh, its saturday afternnon now (im in Australia) and its hot and yes Im dying for a beer, but I wont have one because I promised my wife and kids, but more importantly I promised myself.
Im from Irish descent as well but I not even thinking about Paddys day yet, I will cross that bridge when I come to it.
Stay strong you can do it.
Old 03-06-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
being me

Hello. I understand where you are coming from. I am only 1 week sober today, and I had some bad cravings tonight. I have focused on one day at a time and I won't drink/use tonight. I had gotten a couple months sober under my belt before starting back over, and my life had really changed for the better.

I didn't believe my life would be better without alcohol when I first quit. Folks said that it would be, and it was absolutely unbelievable. But after living it, I now believe what they said. So, I urge you to give it a chance. Lots of things will have to change, but everything you do now can be enjoyed without drinking. It sounds like you have some great support with your husband, so lean on that, and just give sobriety a chance for now. Time will help so much. Take care.