Notices

long days

Old 03-05-2009, 11:02 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question long days

i get up late because i'm on disablity and cant work at this time. that what makes it harder i have nothing to do doing the day but maybe go to the store to get dinner.i try to get some rest during the day but sometimes that just makes me more depressed.all i think about is using and where that well take me. i mean away from my girls anna and gracie i love them so much and want to be a sober dad like the one i didnt have and they are getting to the age where they know if i screw up.i go to some meeting but even them dont help all day sometime they do.i just dont want to miss up what i have with my x with seeing my girls.so for know please help i love this site i need more like it ..Rome
Old 03-05-2009, 11:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

All I can say is that when I feel that way, I stay right here.
One minute at a time.
Hope your day gets better.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:07 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Hello Rome, and welcome to SR.

I'm a 45 year old single father with two beautiful children and a loving fiance. 4 years ago I would've told you that my life was over, my ex had thrown me out and my kids were scared every time I picked up a drink. I started going to meetings every night, embraced the program of AA and did the deal. My life is way better than I ever dreamed it would be.

Please keep reading and posting here, you'll see that many of us are similar in so many ways. I know without a doubt that I belong here.

Best wishes to you in your recovery, please find what works for you and stick with a plan.
Old 03-05-2009, 11:11 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hang right here with us!!!! Cliche's.."This too shall pass"... "This will get better"...... yada yada...

Glad YOU are here and givin' LIFE a fair shot today.....That's the BEST we can do sometimes, all the time!

:ghug3