Notices

today is 90 & it brought me here

Old 03-05-2009, 09:57 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

today is 90 & it brought me here

Two days ago i googled 90 days and it ended up bringing me to this site, specifically, it brought me to a post that was 4 or 5 yrs. old....it was about a guy who just hit 90 days and found himself driving around a liquor store, debating whether to go in or not...he ended up not going in........and the feedback he got from this community was touching and super supportive...it was nice to hear.....

i def. knew/know the feeling's he was having, cuz i'm experiencing it right now....constantly debating and rationalizing why it would be alright to drink or smoke in my head.......ready to pick up the phone and call my guy or go next store from my house to the bar where everyone knows my name (cheers))......guess i have the 'finish line syndrome'.....told myself awhile back, just make it to 90 then you can do what you want...get people off your back......well, sht i'm here........

i just dont want to make everything i did worthless (rehab, sober mother being proud, yada yada yada)........dont know what i'm really getting at....just felt that if i was going to sit here and read about everyone elses life and daily struggles, i should put something out there about me
Old 03-05-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Glad you found us. Maybe begin another small goal. How do feel now that you have 90 days? You said you dont want to waste what you have achieved. So maybe go another round?

Either way. Its all on you. I hope you choose to keep truckin. Keep postin.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:11 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I can get where you're coming from. I did that with 30 days a bit ago.

Just get through today. I swear the feeling leaves and you're much prouder of yourself for living through it. Think of cravings as your disease trying to have the last word. Don't let it.

It's hard to fight of cravings (as i am doing now, as you know) but is it as hard as the shame you'll feel about letting your Mom down, or having to go to rehab AGAIN?

Does that make sense?
Old 03-05-2009, 10:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
Welcome MWK, glad you found SR and decided to join our family in recovery.

I'm a single parent too, and proud as he!l to be a clean and sober father to two beautiful kids.

Tell those voices in your head that you're living a different kind of life now, and for today you're going to drive by that store or bar and make a better choice.
Old 03-05-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

chiynita - thank you for the welcome...i appreciate it...maybe it is time for Round 2

soberforme - you make absolute perfect sense...makes me feel not so alone

astro - although those 'voices' seem to ignore me )...i'll keep trying to tell them to shut the hell up

Really...thank you..
Old 03-05-2009, 10:56 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by MrWhiteKnuckles View Post
chiynita - thank you for the welcome...i appreciate it...maybe it is time for Round 2

soberforme - you make absolute perfect sense...makes me feel not so alone

astro - although those 'voices' seem to ignore me )...i'll keep trying to tell them to shut the hell up

Really...thank you..
I just loved your post, MWK!! Okay, so now that 90 days is here and accomplished, why not think of a NEW goal of 100 days and be a triple digit?!!!!

Old 03-05-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

Great post! I'm so glad you found a thread that inspired you AND you joined and posted. Good stuff.

Welcome to SR Mr. WK.