Notices

Member Survey

Old 03-05-2009, 02:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Location: Scottsdale, AZ, one big happy dysfunctional family!
To start with, I think the mods should be given raises, cash bonuses, commissions, and paid vacations OK OK I know it's not a paid position but I hope y'all know how much you're appeciated here!

This place has always been great, any changes made so far have been a positive improvement, so I agree that if it ain't broke why fix it? But I do have to say that some of the suggestions are great, I think the time clock would be helpful for the chat room crowd.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks so much for doing this! I miss some of the old chatroom features that weren't reintroduced after the last upgrade, such as avatars and user-created rooms; they were really useful when someone wanted to discuss a specific topic without disrupting people in the main room.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:30 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Anniversary dates!!

YES!

And I would like a simile or the ability to give someone a virtual 'chip' for their anniversary.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:35 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

SR has been a godsend to me just the way it is, I'm so grateful I found it. I'm sure I'll need and rely on it for some things in the coming months. I think it's great the way it is, but I also think it's great SR wants to improve to help people and has asked the people who matter what they want. Keep up the good work, and keep posting, it's the ones who do that help and get helped. I would never have got through all this without you xxxx
Old 03-05-2009, 03:16 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Your attitude, not your aptitude, will determine your altitude

SR is a feature rich site so far and to think there is a more accommodating attitude of the forum team here is outstanding!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:18 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

These are some things that are available now.

I turned on the user permissions to create new rooms in chat. This will allow you to have private chats if you set a password for the room. Test it and let me know if it works.

On the calendar link on the top task bar you can view the calendar and then jump down to the "Calendar Jump" drop down menu and click Recovery Birthdays. After you change to the recovery birthday calendar you will see a box that says Add New Event. Use one of those links to add your recovery birthday. One of the problems is that the events you enter have to be approved and I forget to check. So you can send me a PM when you enter an event to remind me to approve it. We have to do it that way because the spammers hit the calendars hard.

The recovery birthdays only show when we have one. It will show under the birthday list on the bottom of the forum. I didn't add it to the top of the forum because I thought the birthday list would take up a lot of room.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:40 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

How does the soeer annv work? I am always confused to how it is figured. It says something like on the first of the month..and something else..,.I dont quite remember.
Is it every year of sobriety it shows?
Old 03-05-2009, 04:27 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
Administrator

You can set it up any way you like. Some members have it set to show every month on a certain day and others set it to show every year. You can enter one event for every month and another event to show yearly anniversaries.

You can even enter 12 single events to count the months.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:29 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
~miss nikky~

can we please add music players to our profiles an thread posts please.
SR is simply awesome otherwise an just want to thank all mods for the fantastic work they do!
Old 03-05-2009, 04:41 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

I love it and wouldn't change a thing! OH more smilies.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:47 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Knucklehead

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
I'm just curious, is there a way to have a private chat without going into the chat room? I thought that would be cool. I'm a newcomer so not quite sure if there is another way to chat privately. This is an awesome site, and the love and support is awesome. Thank you very much to all who make it possible. Angel:ghug3
Some kind of instant messenger that you could log on to while on site would be slammin'... but like others have said, it's pretty groovy already.

Last edited by doorknob; 03-05-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:31 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

NO MUSIC! Sorry I cannot stand sites that play music.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Hi I am new here, first time here but it looks really great just the way it is. I am still finding my way about, looking for the new person introduction thread.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:44 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

How about a paid subscription, then give a supporter badge to those who contribute, and other stuff, that could be added in the future.
I only say this because this site has helped me so much I would like to give back to it, and I'm sure others would too.
maybe like a basic paid subscription from $15- $25. only if someone wanted to.
Old 03-05-2009, 05:53 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Welcome Denastyoma! At the top of the Newcomers to Recovery page on the left there is a button that says new thread. You can use that to introduce yourself. Hope that helps
Old 03-05-2009, 07:14 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

SR Rocks. Meetings without leaving home in the winter is awesome.

Last edited by Angelic17; 03-05-2009 at 07:16 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 03-05-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by Angelic17 View Post
I'm just curious, is there a way to have a private chat without going into the chat room? I thought that would be cool. I'm a newcomer so not quite sure if there is another way to chat privately. This is an awesome site, and the love and support is awesome. Thank you very much to all who make it possible. Angel:ghug3

I also private chat rooms would be great!! Thanks!
Old 03-05-2009, 07:56 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

I had to rack my brain really. I like stuff as is.

I do share TSH's thing with the search function tho - I'm not sure whether it's me or the function itself, but I can never get it to work worth a darn. LOL

D
Old 03-05-2009, 08:00 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

I love SR the way it is.

But I'll make one suggestion-our chat room format is archaic compared to other sites I belong to.You only get about 4 lines of chat before it disappears and it's difficult to keep track of the conversation if someone is posting a paragraph about something(I have tried making the screen larger-yes-but at SR it doesn't do it like it does on other sites)

That's my only 'complaint' and it's a small one.I really think this site is great overall.
Old 03-05-2009, 08:20 PM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

On other forums I'm on, paid subscriptions have sometimes led to a hierarchical us and them thing happening.

I wouldn't like to see that happen on this site - SR's great beauty is we're all equal, and anyone can find us, log on and sign up.

D