Notices

Hi......New Member

Old 03-04-2009, 06:06 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hi......New Member

I just found this site. I grew up around aa with 2 alcoholic parents. Now it's happened to me. Trying to stop drinking now after kicking meth 4 yrs ago. I am a total wreck. Insomnia, nightmares, horribly irritable and impatient. It's all making me want to just go back to dope. I really feel like I am totally nuts. Like riding a seesaw going to fast and high and landing too hard. I did use today but I didn't drink. No success there. Does anyone have any tips for getting through this? I am a Christian but prayer, etc isn't helping. Like the devil has a hold of me now. Ugggghhhh. So frustrated. Anyone? Anything to help? Thanks in advance.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Liverpool 19

Hi Stringer Belle you will be fine de toxing under supervision,bring your wire dvds you must be a fan.
Old 03-04-2009, 06:59 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome alioops.
The first thing is you have to want to remain clean and sober. Look around on the site there are stickies that recommend ways to do it.
NA or AA are good options for Christians.

I have never done rehab Stringer Belle but I want to wish you good luck with it.
Old 03-04-2009, 07:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
6/20/08

Welcome!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

I noticed your share alioops
and moved it away from a thread 3 years old.

Stringer Belle is no longer here with us on SR.

Sooo....Welcome to SR

Everyone...
please look above the members name for the dates
before posting a reply...
Thanks!
Old 03-04-2009, 10:48 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Hey friend in Texas!....

Ya know, right where you're at right now..... I get ya! We've/I've been there countless times and know the darkness that comes with THIS territory!

It's really, for us, all about keeping it in the moment and not in the "forever" or tomorrow's. It is all about SUPPORT!!! I'm a HUGE fan of having support in your life cuz we just can't do this alone..... We don't know how and we feel so out of place in society if we don't have another who firmly 100% know where we're comin' from!

I'm glad YOU are HERE! YOU BELONG MY FRIEND! Please understand, it's only one day at a time for us....That's all we've got.... and it does get soooooo much better!!!!

:ghug:ghug
Old 03-04-2009, 10:50 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

Yes it's possible to stop drinking and using, do it one day at a time. Just for today don't drink or use. I understand about the prayer not helping. I was raised christian but God seems very far away from me right now.

There are herbal remedies for anxiety, like chamomile tea, or valerian. That can help with the initial anxiety. Support groups, whether AA or other recovery programs, can also help in getting and staying sober.

:ghug3
Old 03-04-2009, 11:00 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by least View Post
Yes it's possible to stop drinking and using, do it one day at a time. Just for today don't drink or use. I understand about the prayer not helping. I was raised christian but God seems very far away from me right now.

There are herbal remedies for anxiety, like chamomile tea, or valerian. That can help with the initial anxiety. Support groups, whether AA or other recovery programs, can also help in getting and staying sober.

:ghug3
Least,

I love what you've said here! I've also been takin' Valerian and lots of herbal "stuff"..... I truly believe it helps!

I'm a Christian. It's tough when you feel so far from our "Dad". I know.... I'm there too.

Thank God to GOD that He gave us all you all so we don't have to feel alone and "apart from" ....! Love being here on SR!!!!