Notices

The blind leading the blind

Old 03-04-2009, 08:22 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
perpetual optimist

Originally Posted by serenityqueen View Post

I for one am done. If someone truly wants to get help, go to any length in their fight for their life, I will do anything in my power to help them. I refuse to play into this drama any longer. I'm going to spend my time offering my ESH to someone else who seems to be willing. If you ever truly want help, let us know. There is no negotiating when this disease decides that you are going to be it's next fatality. If you ever truly want help, let me know.

May God Be With You,
Judy
You asked this man to come and take you to a rehab. You had this rehab picked out. It allowed you to bring your pets and your computer.

I knew there was a bad stink to that story. It's called a lie - whether you're telling it to us or to yourself.

Only you can stop yourself. Not your therapist or the myriad other people (including us) that you've "consulted."
Katie, the jig is up. I have deleted many of my replies to this continuing saga in fear of hurting your feelings. No more.... I am also done with it all. I am not even going to read these threads anymore. It is one big circle jerk. It is time for you to own-up and have some accountability for your actions.
I truly hope you find the help you need.
Old 03-04-2009, 08:28 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Katie Bear.....

Diddo diddo diddo all the way! What's up, hon? Get real, get honest, and get goin'! LIFE awaits you, Chiquita!!!! NO MORE BS, K? Said w/ love, care and concern!!!! Go Katie, GO!!!!

:ghug3
Old 03-04-2009, 11:32 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

I've got a new rule for myself on SR, if i don't have anything postive to say i'm not going to post, so i will say i hope that you make a decision soon as your life sounds like a living hell. I have heard that even the most extreme of alcoholics recover, and you are already in that category, how much further to go is there? Your posts make me very grateful for my sobriety indeed.
Old 03-04-2009, 11:50 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I hope you get the help you need Katie, I sincerely do. Please get into rehab, you're worth it. You know what you need to do.
Old 03-05-2009, 12:32 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

I was really glad to read those last few posts. I have to admit that when I heard this latest situation I got really annoyed. Katie you sound extremely irresponsible. I think it is important to have compassion and be supportive of people, but at some point people need to draw the line. This forum is awesome, but dayam there is a lot of sugar coating around here. It's almost like if someone is an alcoholic they have a free pass to be a f*** up. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your ass to rehab.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by robc View Post
I was really glad to read those last few posts. I have to admit that when I heard this latest situation I got really annoyed. Katie you sound extremely irresponsible. I think it is important to have compassion and be supportive of people, but at some point people need to draw the line. This forum is awesome, but dayam there is a lot of sugar coating around here. It's almost like if someone is an alcoholic they have a free pass to be a f*** up. Stop feeling sorry for yourself and get your ass to rehab.
I wanted to do a global response to this thread, but this post just irks me. I am NOT feeling sorry for myself. What I AM doing is assessing resources to figure out the most responsible way to get this deal done and take care of my pets. After more research and more phone calls, it's looking like the Florida deal. I confess, I need something new, even if it's untried. People can go ahead and judge me all they want, but the one thing I've never been is stupid. Yeah, maybe I've been in the grips of alcohol dependence and mental illness, but I still have enough gray cells in my brain to search for ways to that which will truly help without breaking the bank account. And, at the same time, I look for innovation.

To those of you who just put the "plug in the jug," I envy you and God Bless Ya! I have other issues to deal with. Go ahead and give up on me, but I won't.

Oh, and I extend my dearest regards to any of you who supported me in this thread.

Last edited by Katie09; 03-05-2009 at 01:32 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:25 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Katie Bear....

Loved you from day 1, and love you now! I'll ALWAYS be there for you! I just want YOU to be there too!

Old 03-05-2009, 01:47 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

All the best with your rehab program. I would suggest you pick a program and stick to it rather than withdraw after second thoughts cause someone else may miss out due to the indecisiveness. I hope you make it to sobriety.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:51 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
Katie Bear....

Loved you from day 1, and love you now! I'll ALWAYS be there for you! I just want YOU to be there too!

Friend of Katie, I'm willing to go to the ends of the earth for her, I just want her to go where she needs help. I've been sticking around, to see she is being taken care of. Thank you for non-judgmental support.
Old 03-05-2009, 01:56 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Katie,

I'm glad to see you posting. I think everyone wants you to get well. Most of us can probably relate to what you are going through. You need to take some positive action right now. It doesn't really matter where you go for rehab. In my opinion it's best to find one close to home that has an after care plan.

If you have found one that will allow you take your pets and your computer, wow, that sounds great. If not, try to find one that will have some plan for after care in your area. For me it was really important to continue my recovery with people I already knew.

Please don't put this off much longer. We want you to get well and come back to SR.

Please keep us posted.

Love,

Lenina
Old 03-05-2009, 02:14 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

You said it. The blind leading the blind.

I could save you some money. Let me make a frank assessment: You aren't done yet.

Meanwhile, the rest of you love poor old Katie-poo to death.
Old 03-05-2009, 02:18 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by jimhere View Post

I could save you some money. Let me make a frank assessment: You aren't done yet.

Yeah! I willlllll!!!!!.......Right into life and sobriety!!!!

Katie Bear, Just get in to rehab, K?????

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxooxoxoxoxoxo
Old 03-05-2009, 02:48 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by jimhere View Post

Whatever. I don't view your comment as kindhearted, and I am damn strong hearted enough to say this. I am sorry I have to balance my very real financial concerns along with others, in this economy. Thank God, I have someone who is with me here who is now concerned. And he owns three houses in CA and is fiscally free. So there.

At times I do get tired of the condescending behavior here, and it really angers me. I am on the crux of life and death and am smart enough to know what this means.

Last edited by Katie09; 03-05-2009 at 03:07 AM.
Old 03-05-2009, 03:35 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Katie give your head a good shake. You are posting nonsense. Your friend...please.

I wish you well, but as true as God is my witness I can't read your posts anymore. What are you apparently expecting of people here? To continue love bombing you and telling you it's OK to continue with your thinking and behavior?? If we all thought it was OK, we'd all be STILL drinking ourselves!!!
Old 03-05-2009, 03:48 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Katie....I agree with you...you are dealing with life and death. If you were smart enough to see this you would stop drinking. If I remember correctly you have been doing this for 30 some years...you can end it if you really wanted to...this has NOTHING to do with money.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:10 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gerryP View Post
Katie give your head a good shake. You are posting nonsense. Your friend...please.

I wish you well, but as true as God is my witness I can't read your posts anymore. What are you apparently expecting of people here? To continue love bombing you and telling you it's OK to continue with your thinking and behavior?? If we all thought it was OK, we'd all be STILL drinking ourselves!!!

Well, never said I was an easy case and far too much for the Net, which is why I've explored every other option. I keep reaching out at every straw, and keep coming up with the same results. I suppose I could be angry right now at what you are saying, but I can't. At some point it really truly is up to ourselves to save ourselves, which is my plan. I just get so tired of the same old stuff to save ourselves with an antiquated playbook. I really do. I am looking to science and not a 70 year old book to save my ass.

I will most likely not post after tonight, but I will share my friend's experience. He did do the whole deal as a counselor in the DOD for 15 years and had 18 years of sobriety in AA, and was considered a guru. Sure, he's done all the EST stuff on the coast and everything else. The truth is, there really is NO answer for this question. We've both been through the mill. We've all been through the mill. There IS no answer in science. And science it what I look to. NO, I don't think what I need is some spiritual conversion. Oh well, I could go on and on, but we're just looking in all the wrong places. I truly hope we ALL find a cure for this deal, but it's not going to happen in my lifetime. My best regards, Katie09.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:20 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Katie...you keep posting about aa and its "playbook"...I ask again...what does this have to do with your sobriety? It seems to me that you are using it as an excuse. The best way to debunk what you think is antiquated is to get and stay sober without it.
The answer which you seek is simple...don't drink. It works.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:22 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Bugs is right. Money really isn't an issue.

When the difference between havin a drink or not havin a drink becomes a real issue, like "you have to pay attention to this now" kind of issue, money won't matter. If you still think it's fun to sit up all night and play around on the computer then you're probably not there yet. If you're real lucky you might go a long time, you might even go your whole life, without your habits becoming a real problem.

Then again, you might wake up one of these mornings with blood exploding from every orifice on your body, and the grim reaper knocking insistently. Find yourself in those shoes and you'll stop caring about money real quick.

But by all means- keep wasting time. Maybe that's what your headstone will read. Here lies Katie09. She died as she lived. Wasting everyone's time, including her own.
Old 03-05-2009, 04:50 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Administrator

Please keep your comments in a positive frame and express your experience to Katie.

There is no need to be negative towards Katie.

Katie, I too, am very worried about your attitude towards sobriety and I hope you understand that the members here are speaking out of concern for you,
Old 03-05-2009, 04:52 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  
Administrator

This board is full of people who've found an answer, Katie - lots of different answers too btw.

It's not easy but it really is simple.

If you really want to be sober, you find a way.

Fall down deep enough and nothing else matters.

That's the bottom line.
D