SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of March *2009*!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/170828-class-march-2009-a.html)

Dryspell 03-03-2009 09:42 PM

Class of March *2009*!!!!

Ok maybe I'm being too bold by posting this not to mention I'm not 100% sure what this "class of" stuff is but if it is meant as a place for newbies or people who are trying to stop within the particular class of month then ok this thread applies. :a108:

Well this is my first post and the first night I even try to not drink (with a long term goal in mind) I'm hoping that socializing with other people will help.

So if your trying to stop in Mrach this is for you :ghug3

aardvark 03-03-2009 09:49 PM

March 1st for me! Tired of all the regret,anxiety and all the other BS that goes with a binge.....

Music man 03-03-2009 10:50 PM

Hey dryspell, good start on the thread but your AVATAR has got to go!!!!
UM seriously!!

Music man 03-03-2009 10:52 PM

Well since I got that out WELCOME!!!
your in the right place!!

Dryspell 03-03-2009 11:19 PM

Hi and thanks for the welcome. I wasn't sure if the avatar was appropriate for this site or not but it did cross my mind but I decided to post it anyway ( I thought is was funny). I actually found some other ones that were much worse and choose this one. Sorry If anyone felt offended I will change it immediately.

Again thanks to all who welcomed me and its official this is my first night so I have 1 night.

My biggest problem is getting through the magnetic pull of the Chevron gas station that sits strategically on a street I must turn on to get home. It is only 6 blocks from home but I have no other choice I have to turn on that corner. Only one way in and one way out of my housing complex. It seems my car goes on autopilot when I get to that corner. I fought off the "pull" tonight and got home without buying. Once I get home I'm ok, a bit anxious but I make it. :DA

Dryspell 03-03-2009 11:37 PM

least 03-04-2009 12:44 AM

Welcome to the family Dryspell! Glad you joined us! Life is better without our addictions tho it takes some effort to get there and stay there.

:ghug3

Fubarcdn 03-04-2009 05:26 AM

Welcome Dryspell and aardvark. :c009:
You will find plenty of support here at SR.
Now I am curious as to what avatar you picked. Give me a hint.:)

CarolD 03-04-2009 06:25 AM

Don't take money.cash cards etc with you
then buying is impossible.

Welcome to our recovery community
Dryspell and aardvark
:wavey::wavey:

flutter 03-04-2009 07:48 AM

Ok really.. I wanna know what the avatar was!

And welcome! I stopped carrying cash, which was my easy ticket to booze on my way home from work, I couldn't purchase on credit/debit/checks etc, luckily. Maybe make sure there's nothing you will *need* on your way home each day and leave the access to money at home? Putting one extra roadblock between you and the Chevron might help a little bit! You'll have to go home either way, and once there, maybe you'll just stay in and come chat with us!

Welcome here, it's a great place to hang out :)

Dryspell 03-04-2009 09:57 AM

Thanks to all who have responded. I appreciate it. I read on another post where a person stated he or she was parking in the back alley to get to the AA meeting. Privacy and discretion are big contributing factors for me being here. Not to mention I'm a computer and internet junkie. So its a perfect match, yes I do plan on being here on a regular basis.

As far as the avatar a person took offense to what I had posted I didn't think it was a big deal but I can understand, it was a small .gif animation of an obvious drunk guy drinking a beer. I actually found other .gifs which I think were worse. I didn't want to come into someones house and disrespect so i immediately removed it.

Thanks for the big welcome
:Val004:
:ghug2

mamabin 03-04-2009 10:33 AM

Dryspell,
I didn't mean to sound mean by agreeing with Hardwired. I can't speak for him and maybe it came out wrong. I apologize. I can be very sarcastic and it doesn't come across well in writing (do we call this writing?). Part of me seriously wants to be that sh!tfaced person sitting at the bar with a mug of beer. Anyway, welcome!!!

I hope you stick around, it's always cool to hear another opinion.

I like the new avatar. Does it mean something? The thing on his forehead I mean.

Dryspell 03-04-2009 05:59 PM

Hi everyone,

Trying to keep this class of March thread going. Thanks for the ideas Flutter but I have thought of that and I feel I have to be able control this even if I have money in my pocket or a six pack in the fridge. I have to be able to control the urge. I appreciate the idea though.

Mamabin...no offense taken I think your referring to your last message in my other thread. I will post something there after this.

Eidetic 03-21-2009 08:22 AM

Looks Like there is a class of March 2009 thread, so I don't want to start a new one. 3-18-09.

I've had a lot of "sober dates" I want this to be my last one.

Lynxster 03-21-2009 08:43 AM

Hey Marchers
I was wondering if there was a class of March thread, my stop date is 3-3-09. This is a good month to stop, spring is here, blue skies and sunshine here in TN; now I don't have an excuse for getting started on my project.

I bought an old rusty 68 Camaro, that has been sitting in my basement for 4 months now (kept using the excuse its too cold to work on it). I had planned on putting my beer refrigerator down there with it, so I wouldn't have to walk upstairs so much. Maybe I'll still do that, but fill it with Vitamin Waters instead, lol.

Hope everyone has a great day today and keep Marching Forward! :)
:abcl:

yeahgr8 03-21-2009 08:47 AM

I'm here too, this is actually more fun than last time as i could never find a class of October psshhh! That sounds so wrong doesn't it heheh

ADayAtATime 03-21-2009 08:50 AM

I will jump on the March band wagon.
Today is day 2 for me.
Thank you for starting this thread :ghug3
XOXO

Itsmytime 03-21-2009 08:51 AM

Hi everyone, joining the March class...

TiredofTired 03-21-2009 11:43 AM

Hi everyone...old habit, new student to the March class. Sobriety date 3-11-09 and today is day 11. I have been a "relapser' in the past, but the past is the past and and I plan on this being my last day 11 ever!

Here's to us all and our recovery!!