SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of March *2009*!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/170828-class-march-2009-a.html)

gneiss 03-29-2009 12:51 PM

I guess I'm class of March, as well. I keep thinking I quit in January, but I had a one-night relapse March 5. So March 6 to March 29 makes me... (geesh. I don't do math in my head)... 23 days. Yes.

shorty51 03-29-2009 01:07 PM

well done gneiss!!!

tony13 03-29-2009 01:10 PM

Hi all. I'm doing very well. Day 10 and have completely recovered physically and mentally from my last binge.

Having a very productive weekend, as opposed to last weekend when I felt awful and did pretty much nothing. Went to the gym, planted my veggie garden, went running, and did a few other things around the house.

Very happy to be putting that phase of my life behind me. Now I'm working on techniques to squash those cravings and destructive thoughts as soon as they pop in my head.

XO4 03-29-2009 01:14 PM

Day 7 for me. A week ago, I'd already be drunk before lunch time. I've read some very good advice on these boards that has helped me a lot. Thanks!

I've heard it takes 21 days to form a new habit. If so, I've two more weeks to go to form the habit of not drinking.

Back to the chores so I can keep myself busy. I never thought I would like doing chores, but the results will be so much better than passing out on the couch.

ADayAtATime 03-29-2009 01:18 PM

Day 1 again for me....Congrats to those who are still hanging in there. :c011:
I wish I was going on day 10 though.
I would be sharing this day with other's.
Now I feel alone, I'm sorry :(
Hey, at least I'm still sharing the Class of March with you!
That made me feel a little better saying that.
Love ya,
Hugs to my March peeps :ghug
XOXO

XO4 03-29-2009 01:29 PM

Hi ADayAtAtime,

I feel for you. The weekends are always the worst for me. By some miracle, I have almost made it through this one. It may help to try to understand what factors led to your relapse. I made up an excuse to not go out to the bar with friends after work and made special pains to not drive by any liquor stores on my way home. I made sure I didn't have any cash or credit cards with me so there was no way for me to buy anything.

I found a hobby that is fun, challenging, and very time consuming so I can work on that instead of being bored. Do you have anything like that you can do? Watch out for those risk areas. If I had gone out Friday night, I'd be on day 0 now.

Tomorrow is a new day, and as I've heard here before, there is nothing you can do about the past and the future is yet to be, so all you can do is live in the present and do your best now.

ADayAtATime 03-29-2009 02:26 PM

XO4...I like your screen name and I like anything to do with X's and O's, Love, Hugs and Kisses. I know, I'm mushy...lol.
Congratulations on 1 week...that is wonderful, I'm sure that you are feeling pretty good right about now. I can't wait to get back to my 7 days again.
I like what you said about how it takes 21 days to form a new habit...I've never heard this before, but it sounds very interesting and exciting to look forward to.
You asked me if I have anything that I can do...My hobby is making handmade crafts, I really love paper crafts and card making. Right now my hubby and I are waiting on some scooters to be delivered, so we will be riding quite a bit...I know that will help out.
And you are right, tomorrow is a new day...Day 2 for me and you'll be building up your days to 2 weeks real soon.
Thank you for reaching out to me with your post.
I hope I can do the same for you.
Take care,
XOXO

ruch 03-29-2009 02:32 PM

Hey All, March 9th for me.

Future22 03-29-2009 03:12 PM

Hey Ruch, same here March 9th! Look forward to long ride together.

Eidetic 03-29-2009 04:44 PM

I'm on Day 12. Weekends are actually easier for me than weekdays. But I'm still SO TIRED. The first time I tried to get sober, I was unemployed so I could nap whenever I wanted and I didn't realize what a blessing that was.

Without alcohol, my sleep schedule is still kind of wonky (I've never been a good sleeper). I have trouble falling asleep at night but then once I"m asleep, I could sleep forever. I am hoping this goes away soon.

Other than that I'm doing okay. I've been to a meeting every day and I think I might finally be starting to make some more connections in AA. Only took me a year.

ANGELINA243 03-29-2009 08:54 PM

Finishing up day 12 here. I can relate (Eidetic) to being tired alot. I've been tired most of this weekend.

tony13 03-30-2009 10:07 PM

Originally Posted by Eidetic (Post 2170981)
I'm on Day 12. Weekends are actually easier for me than weekdays. But I'm still SO TIRED. The first time I tried to get sober, I was unemployed so I could nap whenever I wanted and I didn't realize what a blessing that was.

Without alcohol, my sleep schedule is still kind of wonky (I've never been a good sleeper). I have trouble falling asleep at night but then once I"m asleep, I could sleep forever. I am hoping this goes away soon.

Other than that I'm doing okay. I've been to a meeting every day and I think I might finally be starting to make some more connections in AA. Only took me a year.

Right behind you, day 11 for me. I can relate on the sleeping comment. I swear I was designed for a 30 hour day. I can easily stay awake for 20 hours without getting tired, but then I could also sleep for 10.

gneiss 03-30-2009 10:37 PM

Last day of March. 25 days for me now, alcohol- and meth-free. Today I had by far the worst meth craving I have ever had, right in the middle of a presentation for my class; guessing the stress and stage fright might have been to blame. I knew my subject, but I ended up tripping over some words ("prorochthofenid"... argh!!! I should know that one :D) and I don't think I sounded confident. Oh well. At least I didn't run out after class and get drugs. Stress, it's a killer, sir.

Eidetic 03-31-2009 08:55 AM

Well March is almost over and if (WHEN) I make it through today, I'll have 14 days sober. That's longer than I've been sober in over 9 months. I had three weeks without vodka in November, but I was sick, and medicating with huge doses of cough medicine, including perscription coedine, so I don't count that as sober time.

I went to a really awesome meeting last night. This is the first time in my whole year of attempting recovery that I don't hate meetings.

CarolD 03-31-2009 11:08 AM

FYI Everyone....
When this thread of Marchers reaches 500 posts
it will be closed and a new one started in our
Daily Support Forum.

That way y'all can keep together as you move forward
in your journey....:yup:

Congratulations and please continue to share.
You are an awesome class!

craze283 03-31-2009 11:22 AM

Am on day 2 again here. Have made it to 30 once and plan to make this one stick.

Guinevere2nd 03-31-2009 12:25 PM

Hi all you lovely March people - can I play too? March 29 for me. :ghug

gneiss 03-31-2009 12:56 PM

500 posts, eh? Thanks Carol. Only 422 to go then :D

Welcome, craze283 and Guinever2nd!! Congrats on 2 days for each of you.

shorty51 03-31-2009 01:37 PM

Day 30 for me! Woohoo! stoked!
You are all going great marchers!

gneiss 03-31-2009 01:45 PM

I think we have the best month, because we're Marchers. Who else gets to simply march on like us? You can't June on, you can't December on, but you can always March on! Did anyone stop on the 4th? Because they are even cooler. They can March Forth!!!

:D

I'll stop now, before the puns get any worse.