SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of March *2009*!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/170828-class-march-2009-a.html)

aardvark 03-24-2009 07:43 AM

Chris80,

As they say around here, just take it one day at a time, if that is too much then one hour at a time, if that is too much then one minute at a time. Use your free time to your advantage. You have your target date. Only 2 days to go. Draw strength from this site.
You can do it!

E.

aardvark 03-24-2009 07:45 AM

Tony13,

Good call on the biking! I am going to be taking advantage of the long days by working in my garden. Always tons of fun! Unless it starts raining.....It sure is great having sunshine after work.

E.

TiredofTired 03-24-2009 08:04 AM

Lulu, thank you for your post. I am 13 days sober and realizing how my drinking has taken its toll! I am allowing myself to get as comfortable as I can in my own skin and now dealing with the emotional part, trying not to beat myself up over it. I have started AA meetings and for me, it is helping quite alot. One day at a time, I am certainly not up to "warp speed" yet but I have more than hope, purpose, that this is the plan for me, for I am powerless and that is freeing. Welcome and continued success!

Eidetic 03-24-2009 08:24 AM

Day 7. I am so tired. I've made it to Day 7 before, but only a couple times in the past 9 months or so.

shorty51 03-24-2009 01:53 PM

keep going strong eidetic! You can do it! This is a great place to be!

ANGELINA243 03-24-2009 02:04 PM

Hey Eidetic--You can do it!!! I'm on day 7 too. Keep moving forward. :atv

Lynxster 03-25-2009 03:09 PM

3 weeks here

Just celebrated my 3 weeks of beer-less existence today. Started exercising this past Monday for the first time in many years; I noticed this really made me sleep better. Anybody else exercising, if so, what's your routine? I am just walking for 2 miles a day right now. Hope to start jogging in a few weeks, but plan to take it slow. Hope everyone is still here and doing well!
:) Lynx

bottleslave 03-25-2009 04:23 PM

Hi all,

Well, I'm a relapser who has made it to 30 a couple of times, but never to 45.

Today would be day 5.

Hope this is the only class I join.

CarolD 03-25-2009 04:38 PM

Welcome to our newest March members....:wavey:

Please do keep posting ...ask questions ...let us know
how you are doing .
Many of us are winning over our addictions
and we do understand how difficult early recovery is.

Yes! you too can quit and stay quit...:yup:

Lindsay 03-25-2009 06:06 PM

Hello everyone! I'm Lindsay...and I'm currently on day 3. I'm definitely a binge drinker. I had an awful binge this past weekend...and am more determined than ever to kick alcohol to the curb. Nothing good EVER comes from being drunk! I have increasingly became an awful version of myself when I'm drinking, and no longer want to hurt the people that I love and do things that I regret terribly. I want a better life for myself, and that cannot be acomplished if I'm drinking.

So HI to all, and I look forward to reading everyones posts! :)

Lynxster 03-25-2009 07:16 PM

Welcome Lindsay
Glad you're here! I think a lot of us start out binge drinking, I know I did. It eventually progresses to everyday drinking if you keep at it long enough.
Hang in there! :) Lynx

ANGELINA243 03-27-2009 06:50 PM

Well--day 10 here (I think it is...) Anyway finished my step 4 inventory...will go over it next Tuesday with my sponsor. It hasn't been very easy...but my faith and determination...plus willingness and maybe even desperation to do "whatever it takes" to not pick up a drink..certainly has helped me get it done. :c029:

shorty51 03-29-2009 01:03 AM

How are all us marchers going? Im personally going ok at day 27. Last couple of days have been extremely hard to resist temptation. Right now, ive just mowed the lawn, its warm and im a little sweaty. Perfect time for a Cold beer. But im holding strong. Trying to

NewBeginning010 03-29-2009 01:48 AM

Stepping in line to the class of March, glad to be on board with all of you :ghug Day 2

bottleslave 03-29-2009 02:39 AM

Shorty,

Gawd, lawnmowing must be the greatest temptation of them all. For me, it would be easier to try to go sit in the local bar and try to drink coffee.

Last weekend, my wife mowed the lawn. Somehow, I don't think that's going to become a regular thing.

Maybe I'll sell the house and buy a condominium. Or dig out the lawn and put in rocks. Or....

LucyLuLu 03-29-2009 05:06 AM

Hi guys--
I'm joining the Class of March too--day 2 for me (3/29) ! I woke up feeling great. The hard part is tomorrow (Monday) coming home from work and not stopping at the liquor store. I had to alternate liquor stores so the workers don't think I'm a complete alcoholic--what a joke !! The crap we go through to hide our disease...:angryfire

Lindsay 03-29-2009 05:56 AM

haha, it's so interesting to me that you guys have such a strong association between mowing the lawn and drinking! For some reason, when I get any form of physical excersize, the last thing I want is alcohol...it's almost like my body rejects even the idea. That's really the only time I EVER reject the idea but...anyway...

Today is day 7. 1 week! It's amazing how much better I can feel...emotional AND physically...after just one week. I've been sleeping better, working out a lot, eating healthy, i've been more productive, nicer to people, anddd spending a hell of a lot less money. :)

Hope all is well with everyone!:c011:

Itsmytime 03-29-2009 06:08 AM

Day 10, feeling good mentally and the physical part is coming along with going to the gym and eating so much better.

Made it through another weekend WOOHOO!!!!

ANGELINA243 03-29-2009 06:16 AM

Welcome--both NewBeginning010 and LucyLuLu.....also congrats to both of you on your Day 2!!! :)

Future22 03-29-2009 11:56 AM

Welcome! :c009:

Checking in to see how the Class of March is doing, on day 21 right now and living the dream!