SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Newcomers to Recovery (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/)
-   -   Class of March *2009*!!!! (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/newcomers-recovery/170828-class-march-2009-a.html)

adore79 07-23-2009 02:43 PM

sheesh i had to search for this thread!

day 116 and going strong

tony13 07-24-2009 08:41 PM

Hey guys and gals. I haven't posted here in a long time, but I'm still on track and part of the class. I just spent some time catching up on the thread. I'm happy to see several of us having success.

When I finally made the decision to give up alcohol forever I remembered how much I used to enjoy other things. I've been on a strict running program that has me running my best times since high school nearly 20 years ago. I've also been attacking non-fiction books. Whenever I stumble upon a subject that interests me I grab a book from the library. I'm in the middle of reading books on all of our presidents. Fascinating stuff.

I could have never done this while I was drinking. I would drink so much that it would take 2 or 3 days for it to work its way out of my system, so exercising was difficult to fit in. Reading was out of the question, since remember anything I read while drinking was impossible. Not to mention that I was destroying my short term memory.

I don't spend nearly as much time on the internet anymore, but I'm going to find a way to squeeze this place into my weekly routine. It really makes me appreciate life.

adore79 07-26-2009 11:24 AM

Welcome back tony :)

SteppingItUp 08-02-2009 09:53 AM

138 beautiful days! I am so grateful to be clean.

Tony, I loved your post!! It was beautiful! I'm so glad that you've come back (sober too!), and I hope you stick around these parts. Inspirational! :hug:

YouTube - KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See (Larger Than Life Version)

P.S. I'm going on a month long vacation to sun on the beaches of the Mediterranean, and I'm still not sure if I will have internet access there this year. If you don't hear from me for most of August, that's why! No plans on giving up, that's for sure. I love being clean. I'm supposed to be helping someone through their detox, so prayers for them (and me) for anyone who has a prayer to spare! Tons of love to all of you.

Huge and continuing congratulations to all of my fellow Marchers!

:ring

adore79 08-02-2009 04:53 PM

OZboy 08-02-2009 06:14 PM

..i don't belong here any more..had some family issues and jumped..
into the booze,wagon..

i'll start it all over again..you know..i was doing pretty good...

Eidetic 08-02-2009 06:15 PM

Haven't checked in in quite a while, but I'm at 138 days.

PXYZ 08-30-2009 06:14 PM

5 months I am free from alcohol :)

SteppingItUp 09-09-2009 08:46 AM

176 days clean.

I'm back from my trip, which really did a lot for my recovering mind, body and spirit. This process of healing isn't always easy, but it's a miracle! Everyday I have more opportunities to apply the new things I've been learning. I see everyday clean and sober as a blessing.

OZboy, I was very sorry to read that you relapsed, but I know that you did a very good, solid job of staying sober with us for several months, and I have every faith that you can do this. I really admire your honesty, and the amount of heart and caring you've shown around these parts is tremendous. My very best wishes to you. Huge hugs!!

:grouphug: :cheer :doggy:

SteppingItUp 10-03-2009 11:52 AM

200 days! (And now a new one too - 4 days free from cigarettes!)

Woohoo!! YAY!!

To all of my fellow Class of Marchers, CLAPCLAPCLAP!! Huge hugs! :hug:

Lynxster 10-25-2009 10:16 PM

Hey Marchers:
You may not remember me, but I was in your class until June...don't even remember what day...decided I could maybe have 1 beer on a Friday evening...4 months later...I am back...don't hardly know what happened the last 4 months...dam...the disappointment...anyway...tomorrow starts a day without drink...and I dread it...anyway, I know I don't belong in the class, but I hope you don't mind if I post here...
Thanks, Lynx

Lynxster 10-25-2009 10:27 PM

Hey Marchers
I tried posting this once...but it doesn't show up...maybe I am doing something wrong...anyway, I used to be a Class of March person, til 1 day in June I decided I could have just 1 beer...now its been 4 months of crap...why do I do this...geez...I am going to try to make a start tomorrow...hope you don't mind if I post here...thanks again...Lynx

PXYZ 03-01-2010 04:06 PM

Hello again , I am still sober - 11 months :)