Blogs

Notices

Class of March *2009*!!!!

Old 05-01-2009, 03:43 PM
  # 221 (permalink)  

Hey Marchers,

Day 59 here!

Adore,

I use the link at the start of the sober recovery website to calculate days.

http://www.soberrecovery.com/sobertime.html

Lynx
Old 05-01-2009, 09:05 PM
  # 222 (permalink)  

Sobriety date of 3-3-09 = 60 days of sobriety for Antone!!!
Old 05-01-2009, 09:06 PM
  # 223 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lynxster View Post
Hey Marchers,

Day 59 here!

Adore,

I use the link at the start of the sober recovery website to calculate days.

SoberRecovery : Sober Time Sobriety Calculator

Lynx
Thought I saw someone close in my rearview mirror! Day 60 here!
Old 05-02-2009, 01:12 AM
  # 224 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

Congradulations on 60 days Antone and Lynxster!
Old 05-02-2009, 05:50 AM
  # 225 (permalink)  

Hey Antone, 3/3/09 for me too. One of my nerdie friends said that 3/3/09 was square root day. It does make it easy to remember, so how are you doing after 2 months?
Lynx
Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 AM
  # 226 (permalink)  

Hey Antone, 3/3/09 for me too. One of my nerdie friends said that 3/3/09 was square root day. It does make it easy to remember, so how are you doing after 2 months?
Lynx
Hey Lynx! That's great! Someone with the same sobriety date. I'm actually feeling better. I was dealing with strong cravings for what seemed like a long time. Now they don't feel so strong. So maybe sobriety is edging in there as a habit. Also, I feel more grounded, less anxious and able to express myself in a more balanced way. I believe that comes from processing my stress and working through it more instead of drowning it. How about yourself? I will also mention that on 3/3/09 I missed work because of a hangover and said, "That's it. I'm done with drinking!"

ps. I've also noticed the interesting numbers. According to the sobriety calendar, today I would have 60 full days so I see why you called it 59. I tend to include the present day with my count. Is that against the sobriety rules?
Old 05-02-2009, 09:55 AM
  # 227 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

It's really up to you Antone...I don't think there are any "official" rules to this whole sobriety thing. Some people start counting with the last day of their drink while others start with their first complete day of being drink-free. As long as you have peace with yourself about how many days you have--don't worry what others say.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:02 AM
  # 228 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Today is Day 46.....got 6 more hours sleep. Still a little sluggish but need to start getting some stuff done around here....taking a drastic personal housecleaning "literally" for instance.
Old 05-02-2009, 10:50 AM
  # 229 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ANGELINA243 View Post
It's really up to you Antone...I don't think there are any "official" rules to this whole sobriety thing. Some people start counting with the last day of their drink while others start with their first complete day of being drink-free. As long as you have peace with yourself about how many days you have--don't worry what others say.
Hi Angelina, Thank-you for your words. Over-dependence on others' opinions is a character fault I've struggled with my whole life. Already on this site it's been pointed out to me (in a kind, supportive way) several times. And that's good. I need to continue to work on turning that over. :praying
Old 05-02-2009, 01:55 PM
  # 230 (permalink)  

Hey Antone,
Sounds like you and I were both missing work and nursing hangovers the same day, in fact, I missed 2 days work.

Its funny, I told my counselor last Thursday, that not drinking was starting to feel like a habit.

I don't really have a lot of strong cravings, just when I stop by the convenience store where I used to buy beer. I would really like to try the non-alcoholic beers, but most people here tend to recommend not doing that so I guess I will just keep chugging the Dr Peppers and Mountain Dews.

One thing that I have noticed is that I need to find some sort of hobby. Weekends tend to get pretty boring now that I have given up my drinking hobby, lol. I have metal detector that I have never used, I may try doing that, it just looks a little nerdy, lol. Have you been finding that you have a lot time to fill?

Hope you and all the Marchers have a great weekend! Lynx
Old 05-02-2009, 10:08 PM
  # 231 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

I know its really early, but it is Day 47 here. It has been raining like crazy here off/on so I thought I'd go ahead and post in case I don't get to later on today.

47 days and feeling vibrant and full of faith and joy! God is good! I just feel so loved right now and because I have learned how to receive His love, I can now--in turn--show His love to others.
:ghug
Old 05-03-2009, 05:48 AM
  # 232 (permalink)  
grateful to be here

Last edited by bohemianzen; 05-03-2009 at 05:50 AM. Reason: oops shoulda posted in the april forum -sorry
Old 05-03-2009, 05:55 AM
  # 233 (permalink)  

3/7/09
Old 05-03-2009, 10:59 AM
  # 234 (permalink)  

Hey Antone,
Sounds like you and I were both missing work and nursing hangovers the same day, in fact, I missed 2 days work.

Its funny, I told my counselor last Thursday, that not drinking was starting to feel like a habit.

I don't really have a lot of strong cravings, just when I stop by the convenience store where I used to buy beer. I would really like to try the non-alcoholic beers, but most people here tend to recommend not doing that so I guess I will just keep chugging the Dr Peppers and Mountain Dews.

One thing that I have noticed is that I need to find some sort of hobby. Weekends tend to get pretty boring now that I have given up my drinking hobby, lol. I have metal detector that I have never used, I may try doing that, it just looks a little nerdy, lol. Have you been finding that you have a lot time to fill?

Hope you and all the Marchers have a great weekend! Lynx
Hey Lynx,

For me it's not so much finding new things to do. I mostly drank alone often while playing internet poker (have put that down as well). What I've gotten into is big time comfort food to make up for the alcohol and my waistline is showing it. I've been having a hard time getting a handle on it, but I've been cutting myself slack because I have been staying sober and the comfort food softens the cravings. At some point I've got to address the overeating.
Old 05-03-2009, 06:49 PM
  # 235 (permalink)  

Hi, Time and Bohemenian,

Welcome to the March thread, if you have already been posting here and I overlooked you then my apologies.

Hey Antone, I just read your reply about overeating. Well my substitute comfort food is chocolate. Just finished making a lb of fudge, which I believe is equivalent to about 5 pounds of fat on the gut, lol.

Hope everyone is having a great weekend. Hey Adore, good luck with IOP, hope you have a good group! Lynx
Old 05-04-2009, 02:44 PM
  # 236 (permalink)  
Adjusting my Sails

38 days and hanging in there. Some days are better then others. Yesterday was great then today I wake up and.....still moody I guess.

It's good to see everyone still sober and posting here.
Old 05-04-2009, 05:40 PM
  # 237 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

Fantastic 48 days here God is amazing, life is good, I am still sober.
Old 05-05-2009, 03:38 AM
  # 238 (permalink)  
TheMostSordidSpotOnEarth

Hey everyone! I'm another proud member of the Class of March here to join in on the celebration. Today is 49 days clean and sober...and grateful for every single second of it!

I really want to thank all of you for making this thread happen. There's so much to be proud of, and all of it is worth celebrating! So glad we can do this together.

Awesome job guys!!

:ghug
Old 05-05-2009, 07:02 AM
  # 239 (permalink)  

Day 49 - I can't believe it's been 7 weeks.
Old 05-05-2009, 07:33 AM
  # 240 (permalink)  

Hi steppinup, welcome to the marchers

day 36? here i think, all i know is im two days behind deany so thats how im going to remember it. Going strong. stressful events coming up in my life but i know i can get through them without drinking with god's help.