Notices

I survived! Somehow!

Old 03-02-2009, 08:59 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I survived! Somehow!

I have worked myself into such panic attacks about the 2 weekends in a row that I would have to be in Jail/Work house.
Well out of the blue the day before I was to report to the work house, I got a call from the woman that runs this 2 day DUI program that I would have to be jailed for, she said they never do this, but in speaking to my PO they have decided to make a real exception for me, because I have kids & both my husband & I work weekends.

She said they would allow me to serve my weekend of workhouse time concurrent with my weekend of jail time/DUI class.
So I was able to check into the work house Friday, Have my husband pick me up Saturday & bring me to my DUI class for 12 hrs, then report back to workhouse that evening, sleep there, and again have my husband pick me up the next moring & bring me to 10 hr DUI program. Then only had to go back to the work house for 15 minutes on Sunday evening.

Needless to say the other girls at the work house were not happy I got to be gone all day & I even had access to pop & chips at the class.

Although I didn't sleep the whole time, and never ate a real meal, and had quite the panic attack when I first checked in. I am greatful to them for letting me do it all in one weekend. I don't know If I could have done 2. I don't know how people can do this more than once.

I was in with one girl that had 12, YES 12 DUIs!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:06 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

That's awesome!!!

God is truly looking out for ya, kid!

Now it's over, right? Just think, you never ever ever have to go through that again!!!
It's all in the past!

Have a great day....pretty sure you are, huh?!!!

Old 03-02-2009, 09:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

What a relief. I admit, I drank again after I did my "time", but never drank and drove again. I was sufficiently terrified. The other night an officer pulled my husband over for a tail light being out, and when I saw those lights flashing I hyperventilated big time. The terror of those times - never again!
Old 03-02-2009, 09:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

ToABetterMe, that is wonderful news!..I am so happy for you...
Old 03-02-2009, 09:20 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm just a little unwell

Yay! I'm really glad that it worked out that way for you, and that it's over with.

Now. REMEMBER THIS!! LOL Use it as motivation to keep doing the next right thing.

Old 03-02-2009, 09:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

So good to hear that it has worked out for you - great to read your story. Somehow the norm got bent to make this a more workable situation for you - and it is clear that you appreciate it! Maybe a sign of things to come.

thanks for your post. :ghug3
Old 03-02-2009, 10:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am so glad you updated us and that you got through the weekend!
Old 03-02-2009, 11:01 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

I'm happy things worked out for you this way and I truly hope this is the first and only time you will have to experience jail due to consequences of your addiction. Unfortunately, I have had a great deal more experience with the judicial system.

Since I was 11 years old, I was always terrified of the police, simply because I always had a reason that they could have arrested me. I could be riding in a car with my Mother and if we even drove past a cruiser, I would get panicked. It's completely different now. Sure, the first several months while I was in Recovery, that usual panic automatically would start to come over me. Then one day I asked myself why I was afraid? I wasn't high or drunk, I didn't have any drugs or alcohol on me. But I needed to remember what that felt like, something else to remind me of what is waiting for me if I pick up again.The Eleven Promises coming true in my life, " We will not regret the past nor wish to shut the door on it. . . our whole attitude and outlook on life with change, fear of people and economic insecurity will leave us . . "

God Bless,
Judy

Old 03-02-2009, 11:08 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Resident

Glad it all worked out for you TBM and that part of it is over. I am sure that you have learned your lesson.
It would have been easy to stress over it and take a drink but you didn't.
I am proud of you as I am sure the rest of the good people here at SR are.