Notices

beautiful thought of the day

Old 03-01-2009, 04:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

beautiful thought of the day

Today's thought from Hazelden is:

THOUGHT FOR THE DAY

After we've been in this program for a while, we find out that if we're going to remain rational we have to be humble people. All the others we see in our group who have really succeeded are humble people. When I stop to think that but for the grace of God I might be deranged right now, I can't help feeling humble. Gratitude for God's grace makes me humble. When I think of the kind of person I was not too long ago, when I think of the person I left behind me, I am humbly grateful that that life is over. Am I grateful and humble?

MEDITATION FOR THE DAY

I must arise from the death of deceit and selfishness and put on a new life of integrity. All the old ways and old temptations must be laid in the grave and a new existence made to rise from the ashes. Yesterday is gone, and all my errors are forgiven. I am honestly trying to do God's will today. Today is here, and it is the time of my resurrection and renewal. I must start now to build a new life of complete faith and trust in my Higher Power and a determination to do God's will in all things.

PRAYER FOR THE DAY

I pray that I may share in making the world a better place to live. I pray that I may do what I can to bring goodness a little nearer to this earth.
You are reading from the book:

Look to this Day by Alan L. Roeck
Old 03-01-2009, 06:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thanks Ksplash. Not in AA, but I can definitely relate to all of that which you have written. Like the Phoenix we rise from the ashes. Thank you Hevyn for wearing my favorite avatar on SR and thank you Ksplash for sharing such an inspirational message. I just love SR!!
Old 03-01-2009, 06:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

i'm glad you like the inspirational...

it was so awsome for me as well

have a wonderful day