Notices

I am being rescued today

Old 02-28-2009, 11:22 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Katie --

Keep checking in so you stay strong until your friend arrives. Will you be leaving for rehab soon after he gets there? Do you think he knows how much you want this? I hope so.

I, too, think the shower's an awesome idea! Think of it as a first step to washing away the addiction.

Hugs and prayers,

Liz
Old 02-28-2009, 12:42 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Be careful Katie. As well, I went to a women's treatment center for 10 months and it was the best thing I have done for myself. I've been sober for almost a year and a half now. Good luck!!
Old 02-28-2009, 12:49 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

For some reason, couldn't "thank" vegi... but wanted her to know I appreciated her sharing that... for me and most of all, for Katie!

Hope you're hanging in there, girl.
Old 02-28-2009, 01:01 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Attitude of Gratitude

Katie, your disease is really getting scared right now, it is just screaming at you, "Don't let me! Don't leave me!" It does not want you to go into treatment because that will loosen it's hold on you.

I've shared before how I envision my disease as some big, hairy, stinky, vile, hateful monster that wants nothing more than to take me to a slow, painful death. With each day that I don't pick up, I take a little bit more of it's power over me away.

Go take a shower and wash the diseases' grip down the drain! Get a fresh, clean start there! I can relate so much how just the energy it takes to take a shower sounds like too much. But you will feel so much better afterwards. Fresh starts Baby!

And the doogie poop, pick it up and get that sh*t out of your life too! You don't need anymore sh*t of any kind around Hon. You have a golden opportunity awaiting for you, just take your puppies and go to treatment. This is a perfect example of God doing for us what we could not do for ourselves.

Hang in there Sweety, I know what you are going through now all too well, but I also know what rewards await you.

Judy
Old 02-28-2009, 01:13 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Dear, dear Katie...:ghug2

I wish I'd have been hear for you this morning hon. Your doing the RIGHT THING by going to Rehab and just keep strong when your friend comes. It's going to be a tough one for you but you've SO got the right attitude. Don't drink or use with him!

I'm so happy you came on SR and posted this thread to ask for help! Glad that everyone who has posted hear is and we are ALL behind you 100% + Always too! Not just today, every DAY!!

It's an awful lot to deal with all at once huh? But your gonna make it girl, I just know it!! I'm prayin' for you and wishing you the absolute BEST when you get to Rehab and always. I hope it's soon that you are going so you can finally find peace!

Love Pancake =^..^= xo
Old 02-28-2009, 01:16 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Judy...:ghug3

I had to respond by telling you "What a beautiful post" for Katie that was!!! Simply amazing girl! You ROCK!

Love Pancake xo
Old 02-28-2009, 02:00 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

I know exactly how you feel right now. I am living it too.
I finally took a showert and a bath. Got all the matted knots out of my hair. Had to clean the brush twice. Havent brushed my teeth yet tho. I know gross. As awful as I feel today. I did get up and made myself do these things. And it does make a big difference. I got on the phone and called about treatment too. I am ..in the back of my mind...getting things together for the trip to rehab.
I was stuck in bed for a few days sad, depressed, scared. Today is the first day I have done anyhting besides eat, sleep and get high.
Just a little shower has my mind in a whole nother, better place.
The more little things I do. The better and more motivated I feel. And I seriously couldnt have done it without SR.
I am still in my cycle of BS. But my mind is pulling away from it more and more the more productive I am. Even the littlest things can make a difference.
As hard as it is...Just do it..Take a shower and clean that crap up. I hope you feel better.
Old 02-28-2009, 06:00 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
mle-sober

Go Katie Go!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:03 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
I know exactly how you feel right now. I am living it too.
I finally took a showert and a bath. Got all the matted knots out of my hair. Had to clean the brush twice. Havent brushed my teeth yet tho. I know gross. As awful as I feel today. I did get up and made myself do these things. And it does make a big difference. I got on the phone and called about treatment too. I am ..in the back of my mind...getting things together for the trip to rehab.
I was stuck in bed for a few days sad, depressed, scared. Today is the first day I have done anyhting besides eat, sleep and get high.
Just a little shower has my mind in a whole nother, better place.
The more little things I do. The better and more motivated I feel. And I seriously couldnt have done it without SR.
I am still in my cycle of BS. But my mind is pulling away from it more and more the more productive I am. Even the littlest things can make a difference.
As hard as it is...Just do it..Take a shower and clean that crap up. I hope you feel better.
I am happy you are pulling away from it. It's hard, hah?
When do you go into treatment? Bet it felt good to take that shower and get the mats out.

My friend is here and sleeping right now. I am so absolutely relieved to have him here. It takes a special friend to get on a plane and come here to help me. After having a heart to heart with him all day, I have no choice but to go to rehab. We both agree it's my last shot at this and so I have to go. This IS going to change my life. I've been sitting in this house for five years drinking. What an existence.

I'm hoping the best for you!
Old 02-28-2009, 07:07 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

I am hoping the very best for you too.
I am so glad to hear that you have such a special friend. Yes..It will change your life.
You are goin to feel so much better in no time.
I am all excited about going. I am trying to go sometime in the next coming week.
Today is the best I have felt in months.
And this looks to be promising for me as well.
I have to go too. You can do it. And you will see such a difference in your whole outlook once you get going.
Good Luck.
Old 03-01-2009, 09:44 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Hi Katie...and you as well Chiynita...

I hope that "Both" of you girls had a good night sleep and are doing better today!

Love Pancake =^..^= xo xo
Old 03-01-2009, 09:52 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Katie Bear.....

What's happening TODAY? Thinkin' about you, GF!

:praying:ghug3
Old 03-01-2009, 08:27 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

How are things today Katie? Hoping all of the best for you :ghug2
Old 03-01-2009, 08:37 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

KATIE...I'm hoping you are not back here saying you and your friend went to a bar instead of a rehab. I felt really hopeful for you..until you said the following.".If there is ONE thing I've learned, it's a major disaster to put two addicts together who are drinking or using."

So you haven't learned that...you are seeing him when you could not be at a more vulnerable time in your life...think this through...please.

My hope for you is that you get to a rehab and complete the program and find happiness and sobriety. My other hope is you find a person with some significant sobriety and stability..a SAFE person to take you to rehab!

Best wishes...!
Old 03-02-2009, 10:40 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

Thinking of you Katie!! Hope your feeling better.
Old 03-02-2009, 11:35 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Just thinkin of ya Katie!
Old 03-02-2009, 03:31 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Thank you, thank you, thank you all. We are chipping away at this deal. I finally took my first shower in about 9 days. My friend is sleeping right now. He takes naps. He did have to confer with the rehab center yesterday, to make sure it's the right thing to do (and to cover all our bases). He was an alcohol/drug counselor for 15 years in the Dept of Defense and did spend 18 years in AA, so he is no stranger to this deal. And he is super responsible to the point where he labels his cell phone with numbers. I need someone like him in my life right now and he's been the best. He is not comfortable with me spending more than 30 days there, although I am still thinking 90. Just because I look ok on the outside doesn't mean I am ok on the inside.

He told me to get Molly Maids or Merry Maids in here, as he is convinced I cannot come back into this environment (and I can't even see it, although I know things aren't going the best). He has even said his wife and he will come by here when I am in rehab to organize things (and they live in LA area an I don't). I am a bit uncomfortable with someone coming in here and reorganizing my things, and that is something I can think over when in rehab. I do, however, trust him with my life. It's just hard to lose control over things, even when they are in a state of chaos.

He and I sat down this morning to look over my bills and I still need to deal with this. Most of all, I am dead tired but relieved he's here. Without all of your support and his friendship, I'd be in big trouble. I may lay down and sleep myself now, after I go back and look at all the bills. Thanks.
Old 03-02-2009, 03:41 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Glad your doing better and took a shower. Felt good once you got in there didnt it?
I know mine did. I just got out of one just now.

You do whatever those people in rehab advise you to do. And if you feel like you need 90 days or more. Then you do it. Only you know how you feel inside. Do what makes you comfortable. I am glad you have a friend to help you. Just get your butt in treatment and then everything else will come together. And it will be easier for you to deal with all that other mess as you get more clear headed.
I am going next Mon. No more putting it off. I am going. I am slowly getting my stuff together and getting things in order. I am day dreaming about being there. I was at this same place a little over a year ago. I really liked it. Its in a hospital. But its a small group of people and I really liked it. So I will be goin into familiar territory.

I hope you get there soon. Any idea when your going?
Old 03-02-2009, 11:39 PM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by chiynita View Post
Glad your doing better and took a shower. Felt good once you got in there didnt it?
I know mine did. I just got out of one just now.

You do whatever those people in rehab advise you to do. And if you feel like you need 90 days or more. Then you do it. Only you know how you feel inside. Do what makes you comfortable. I am glad you have a friend to help you. Just get your butt in treatment and then everything else will come together. And it will be easier for you to deal with all that other mess as you get more clear headed.
I am going next Mon. No more putting it off. I am going. I am slowly getting my stuff together and getting things in order. I am day dreaming about being there. I was at this same place a little over a year ago. I really liked it. Its in a hospital. But its a small group of people and I really liked it. So I will be goin into familiar territory.

I hope you get there soon. Any idea when your going?
Yeah, it did feel much better. Thanks. I am glad you are getting into rebab soon. There are still so many details to take care of. My sleeping is all out of wack and I swear I was so tired this morning, I just fell into bed and woke up with a sore throat, however feeling better. Well, I have to sleep now. Thanks for your post and you know my best wishes for you. We both have a road ahead of us, but it's the right decision. On this note I am going to sleep.