Notices

What a ****** night!

Old 02-28-2009, 05:14 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Angry What a ****** night!

To hell with it! i need to vent!

. No ******* sleep at ALL.

. I dont want to take the benzos anymore, i feel they will **** me even more down the line.

. A night filled with dreams-into-dreams and even TWO ******* Kanashibaris (you know, that **** that feels like you have woken up but you canīt move your body - **** me senseless!!)

. On top of that, i cannot quit coffee.

And this brings and stupid question, since i know the body treats coffee
as a toxin.. so: its it possible that at the first stage of alcohol withdraw, coffee can worsen the shaking / trembling? Possibly my biggest mistake was to start my first day sober, drinking cup after cup, did i **** up by doing so?

Thanks a bunch!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I relapsed so many times and went thru withdrawals over and over. I had to give up coffee while detoxing as it made the shakes and anxiety much worse.

I was also given a small amount of benzos to get thru the first few days of detox, and they helped me a lot. And since I was only taking them for a few days I didn't worry about them messing me up down the road.

Stay strong! You can do this. It's rough going for a while but the sober results are so much worth the effort.

:ghug3
Old 02-28-2009, 05:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I read someone who said to google "coffee and alcohol" which I did, sounds like coffee might help the liver out, but I know it can give the shakes too...Call your doctor, don't you think?
Old 02-28-2009, 05:36 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

It's rough but things will get better in time. Keep drinking alot of water and eating healthy. Try to stay off the coffee as much as you can. It gets easier so just stick with it.
Old 02-28-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by least View Post
I relapsed so many times and went thru withdrawals over and over. I had to give up coffee while detoxing as it made the shakes and anxiety much worse.

I was also given a small amount of benzos to get thru the first few days of detox, and they helped me a lot. And since I was only taking them for a few days I didn't worry about them messing me up down the road.

Stay strong! You can do this. It's rough going for a while but the sober results are so much worth the effort.

:ghug3
Thanks Least!

Yeah, i did a couple of detox attempts in the past without it and the shakes were not that bad, but i screwed this one out with the black stuff.

I have a really bad history of anxiety / panic attacks due to a nasty cocaine habit on my teen years so that is why i am always afraid that i might have to get back to them completely now with soberness.

Thanks for the strength again! Back to you too! :ghug3
Old 02-28-2009, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by californiapoppy View Post
I read someone who said to google "coffee and alcohol" which I did, sounds like coffee might help the liver out, but I know it can give the shakes too...Call your doctor, don't you think?
Hello there!

Yeah a bit late for the doctor stuff, i am on day 5 here and on day one i just went "Ok, letīs just not drink no more - but i need to get so much done! I better get some coffee!" and that cup went up to almost 12 of them (talking about excesses) and that ****** me good and well.

But thanks and hope you are doing well with your sober self! !!!
Old 02-28-2009, 05:47 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by KenL View Post
It's rough but things will get better in time. Keep drinking alot of water and eating healthy. Try to stay off the coffee as much as you can. It gets easier so just stick with it.
Hi Ken!

Yeah, i need to just stay away from it! Thanks and all the best to you!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey AlkalikeH
Well you're still not drinking alcohol, so that's a bonus. Lack of sleep is a killer as you know I have been going throgh that too, tossing and turning and getting more and more desparate, thinking well a drink would sort this out, yep it would but bring a load of crap with it, so fighting we have to.
Being English, I drink tea and bucket loads of it, the caffeine content is marginally lower but it's stil there. I switched to caffeine free and my sleep appears to be improving. But hey by tonight it could be gone who knows. If you can lay of booze you can lay of coffee.
Not sure if that's an option for you, just my thoughts.
Keep it up we're in it together!
Old 02-28-2009, 06:51 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I can tell you that it gets better. The coffee definitely doesn't help. As for the sleep, give yourself a week or two and you'll be sleeping much better, the anxiety will lesson and you'll be feeling great......I PROMISE!!!!

If you're still detoxing which takes a week or so anyway, you should be resting as if you were sick with a cold. Get into bed, relax, sleep if you can, watch tv/movies, and be good to yourself. In a matter of days you'll notice how much better you're feeling.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:11 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
mergirl

My coffee intake sky rocketed when I quit drinking and I have had a couple of "episodes" where I felt miserable from over indulging (sounds like I am still talking booze haha).

At least I don't have to worry about anyone telling me horror stories about what I did the next day. Hang in there.
Old 02-28-2009, 07:20 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Resident

Have you tried decaf coffee? Or if you need the caffeine intake maybe every other cup decaf. In any case I found the first week to be the hardest physically so tough it out.
Old 02-28-2009, 08:00 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

i have always been a coffee person but when i stopped drinking i gave up all caffeine & sugar for about 2 months...just felt i had to detox my body...decaf coffee or tea worked really well as did vitamin water...i drink coffee now but try to limit the caffeine...try to do decaf at night..seems to help with the sleeping and the nightmares...hope you are feeling better soon...hang in there..it does get better!
hugs!
Lisa
Old 02-28-2009, 08:08 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Too far from the beach

Try decaf. When you are shaking and have tremors, caffeine will make it worse. Don't put anything into your body to screw with your nervous system. I learned that one of my triggers for booze was diet pills. I would take one in the morning, be real productive, clean stuff, work...etc.. and then in the evening I found "boy I need to relax now" than I would drink to relax. What an awful vicious circle that was. I am so much better now that I quit diet pills. For me to wean off the coffee high, I start mixing my coffee half decaf and half regular. I would buy two bags of coffee and mix them up. Right now I just drink decaf. I like the taste of coffee and it doesn't give me that shaky feeling.

Good luck!
Old 02-28-2009, 08:56 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

I couldn't drink coffee!!! No way, Jose!!! I was shakin' all over the place as it was. Even after 3-4 days of detoxing, drinking a 1/2 cup of coffee got me rockin' and rollin' with the shakes again.

This is a tough stage for you... and one of the hardest but will pass SOON! Drink 'lots of H2O, after eating what ya can... take some vitamins--the B's are good for ya!

Just hang in there cuz it will pass, sooner than later!!!!

Old 02-28-2009, 09:00 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by xym297 View Post
Hey AlkalikeH
Well you're still not drinking alcohol, so that's a bonus. Lack of sleep is a killer as you know I have been going throgh that too, tossing and turning and getting more and more desparate, thinking well a drink would sort this out, yep it would but bring a load of crap with it, so fighting we have to.
Being English, I drink tea and bucket loads of it, the caffeine content is marginally lower but it's stil there. I switched to caffeine free and my sleep appears to be improving. But hey by tonight it could be gone who knows. If you can lay of booze you can lay of coffee.
Not sure if that's an option for you, just my thoughts.
Keep it up we're in it together!
Hey mate! Hope you are doing well yourself!

Looks like we are on the same boat with the sleep thingy. Not to be a pisser, but i toss and turn thinking "I WANT TO GET SOME ******* SLEEP!" heh! but stay strong mate!

And yeah might need to look into decaf options or plain zero coffee, is making me jittery just for the **** of it! Thanks for your imput, nice to still see you posting here! keep it up you too!!

Old 02-28-2009, 09:03 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

Originally Posted by nickishine View Post
I couldn't drink coffee!!! No way, Jose!!! I was shakin' all over the place as it was. Even after 3-4 days of detoxing, drinking a 1/2 cup of coffee got me rockin' and rollin' with the shakes again.

This is a tough stage for you... and one of the hardest but will pass SOON! Drink 'lots of H2O, after eating what ya can... take some vitamins--the B's are good for ya!

Just hang in there cuz it will pass, sooner than later!!!!

Exactly, was a ****** IDEA TO BEGIN WITH! **** was i thinking?
Prolly subconsiously i was like "i know that by the evening i might want to get hammered again.." but NO! i wanted to keep on going with the sobering up!

Is not the first time i have been there and the others were not all so bad.. but this was a ****** one indeed! i was shaking like an old alarm clock - ******* hell!!!! !!!!

Thanks for the support, always welcome!! :ghug3
Old 02-28-2009, 09:22 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
vicieux extraordinaire

BTW THANKS FOR EVERYONE THAT POSTED!

You are F******* AWESOME!

Sorry i swear so much! Is all love!!!

:ghug