Notices

I just led an AA meeting (first time)

Old 02-27-2009, 07:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
uʍop ǝpısdn

I just led an AA meeting (first time)

WOW! I just have to say. Today is 28 days sober and I have been to at least 24 meetings, I always share every time. Today I walked in and the secretary for the meeting said " Hey Your leading the meeting tonight!" Surprise surprise. I was there only 5 min before the meeting got started.

I got my coffee, and bam I was in the most wonderful place I had ever been.

It felt natural and I felt like I was meant for this! I started the meeting as if I had done it a million times, leaving out all the stuff others read, like all the stuff that refereed to me in the third person, I smoothly and effortlessly lead that meeting to one of the best meetings ever.
Even when no one raised their hand I knew a lot of people and filled the void with" lets hear from Lee" I was able to call peoples names. I even added my own stuff instead of reading word for word what the sheet said, I mean it's exactly the same every night.

I found in sharing that I felt wonderful after! BUT after leading a meeting I am euphoric It's the "high" I have been chasing my whole life. I was an addict and an alcoholic trying to feel EXACTLY as I did leading the meeting!!!

There it is!!!!! I mean THERE IT IS!!

For the first time it felt as if I was doing something I was meant to do!
All this humdrum life to get to what I was meant to do.

I just had to share that.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:21 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Smile

here in michigan we call it "chairing a meeting" good going there hardwired!
Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Wow Hardwired!!!

You ROCK! That is way cool...we had a neat meeting on wednesday nite at my group. No person with the key showed up and a man used his CC to open the door?! Arrrrrrgghh...we had a meeting on the floor and it was my best ever!

Love Pancake! xo
Old 02-27-2009, 07:23 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Psalm 118:24

good to jump in and get your feet wet

Bout the only thing I was good for was to offer to pick up people and take them to meetings the first few months in AA
Old 02-27-2009, 07:34 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

way to go.........thats fantastic.

Not the same for me though.....i bumbled...stuttered....sweated.

And wished the ground would swallow me up for the first ten minutes...lol.

thankfully its different today......trucker
Old 02-27-2009, 07:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

The place where I used to do aa had many different forms of meetings.

Like yours some of them were great, if you had something to share you were always more than welcome, and they were so friendly.

However the main aa venue in the area was what I can only describe as odd, not only wouldn't you have been allowed to chair that meeting, you were not allowed to share until you had 90 days sober! :wtf2

I'm glad to say there aren't many places left like that over here and I'm so glad that you found somewhere you feel you belong. x
Old 02-27-2009, 09:01 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

YOU DA BOMB, HARDWIRED!!!

I think that's AWESOME!!! I love how you paralled this to that "high" you've been chasing all your life!

Who knew that life could be so GOOOOOD, huh!

Way to go, Bud!
Old 02-27-2009, 09:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forward we go...side by side-Rest In Peace

Congratulations......
Old 02-27-2009, 09:47 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
friend of bill w.

Congratulations!!!! The more sober I get, the more confident I get, and it's REAL confidence not alcohol-induced fake stuff that goes away the next day.

I know what you mean about the euphoria. This go round, 70 days worth, I have only chaired one meeting, but I have chaired several times in the past and it is a natural high. And for me, I have to be careful, cuz I think 'wow, I am amazing...I really wowed the crowd...they were hushed in awe...man i am the best speaker ever' lol..that is my damn ego....

I am so proud of you and it is a wonderful feeling when you finally found a place to be accepted, and UNDERSTOOD, and such a sense of belonging and purpose! Keep up the good work, it just gets better! Your life may not improve right away, but YOU will get better and your outlook and ability to handle 'life on life terms'

Trudging the road of happy destiny!!!!