Notices

Never give up!

Old 02-26-2009, 10:26 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
BKP

Angry Never give up!

Hey friends,
I noticed and felt some frustration on the board lately. I know with the changing of the seasons comes anxiety and confusion. This is normal but spring is almost here and all the winter crap is done with for a moment. We all need to be supportive, you as a group helped me along the way...and continue to help me every day. Let's all get on the same page and work out this issue with eachother like we normally do. We can do this but not one of us can do it alone.:ghug2
Old 02-26-2009, 10:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Interesting. It's friendship. I feel it among the long-time people. You're all obviously close. And that's nice. Even when one of you falls out, you tell them how valuable they are, beg them to come back and get sober. It's probably a safe place for you long-time folks, and you've earned a safe place.

Good for you guys.

I haven't been here long, and I doubt I'll be hanging around. But it was nice reading and learning.

Stay healthy! And try and be nice to the new kids
Old 02-26-2009, 10:52 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Its_me_jen

It's nice to know we're not alone. It's amazing to hear/see someone else tell your story. I get all filled up with support and belonging. Nice feeling. Even when I'm having a bad day and I'm grumpy, I know I still belong here.

P.S. PinkClouded - -stick around - you are needed here!
Old 03-01-2009, 03:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Spring's coming soon it will be all smiles and sunshine, or as close to it as we can, and for the southern hemisphere, it will finally cool down ! I don't ever want to be excessive again and I hope I'll never give up trying to be COOL !
Old 03-01-2009, 04:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks for that reminder BKP. Spring is coming...but here in Boston so is 10-15 more inches of snow! But that's okay because I like snow! Keep the positive messages coming.

Mike
Old 03-01-2009, 05:02 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I can be positive with you too Mike, I like the snow just fine when it falls on Massachussetts (Wow is that how you spell it?)
Old 03-01-2009, 05:05 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Looking For Myself...Sober

Great post! I was reminded of this over the past few days.
We cant do it alone. And I also learned..As alone as we feel sometimes. There is always someone there to lend a helping hand. Give hope, support and encouragement.
I am truly blessed because of SR. And I cant wait to be more blessed with the new f2f recovering addicts I will soon meet in my new journey to come.
Thx (((BKP)))
Old 03-01-2009, 05:21 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Hey PinkClouded, I hope you keep coming back. What I have found on this board is an honesty about alcoholism that I couldn't find/see in my day-to-day life. This honesty (whether it is admitting that we have a big, big problem, or in providing honest feedback to someone that does) is helping me to stay sober.
Old 03-01-2009, 05:42 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

I'm hanging on for dear life waiting for spring to get here. Have been so isolated all winter and want to get out in the sunshine and warm air. It's been a long hard winter and I'm so glad it's nearly over.
Old 03-01-2009, 02:20 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Massachussetts - Almost Californiapoppy! It's Massachusetts... and its starting to snow!
Schools already called off for tomorrow - but I'm a teacher here so I don't mind a bit!
Mike
Old 03-01-2009, 02:25 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
It's time to change!

Originally Posted by BKP View Post
Let's all get on the same page and work out this issue with eachother like we normally do. We can do this but not one of us can do it alone.:ghug2
Amen to that, BKP

Thanks for the post! We all need to be reminded of this as we are on a collision course to disaster if we don't help eachother out and be supportive!!!

:ghug:ghug:ghug:ghug:ghug
Old 03-01-2009, 02:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

We are all here to help ourselves and support each other. Debates sometimes get a bit heated but hey, wouldn't it be a little dull if we all agreed. I wish everyone could take posts like i do with this in mind and never taking any of them as a personal attack or with any malice but we all have different levels of sensitivity. I don't think anyone posts with the intention of upsetting anyone to the point they may want to drink/use though and it would be great to bear this in mind too:-)