Notices

My dog passed last night- struggling big time

Old 02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

You may know I am new to recovery and I had bout a week sober and I too had to put one of my beloved boxers to sleep 12 days ago... I was heartbroken, and I drank, and it did do something, it made me feel ten times worse, and didnt bring her back... I now have another week sober...

Thank you Anna for Rainbow Bridge, it is lovely, although it did make me cry.. x
Old 02-26-2009, 11:57 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by dedubya View Post
my 13 yr old golden retriever died last night and its killing me- we were really close. my chest hurts, and all i want to do is kill the hurt in me with alcohol. have been really working on recovery hard, but this is the worst feeling i have ever had. just sharing- not that this is anything positive, but i just needed to vent...
dub

Oh, I am so sorry. I do understand the pain you are dealing with, as I lost my little Teddy Bear to cancer in July. It hurts like hell. The only thing I can say is it will get better, believe it or not. I can't bring myself to even move his shadow box and ashes into another room, but the pain does diminish. Take care and I am so sorry.
Old 02-26-2009, 02:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
bona fido dog-lover

DW, please try to remember your Max is no longer in pain. He is waiting for you in the place I call God's Meadow. When you get there you will have a joyous reunion. He's up there right now, playing with my little Teddy-boy. They are having fun together and are in Good Hands until you get there.

I was bawling like a baby over this thread, so I gave my dogs a biscuit and a long walk. They understand me better than I understand myself... and love me more than I ever could love myself.

Max is with his Maker now, please don't cry too much. He still loves you and is glad he had his life with you, insteald of a bad life with someone who didn't love him as much as you do. :ghug3
Old 02-26-2009, 04:05 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Community Greeter

My heartfelt sympathies - been there and will be again. Try to think of it that Max would never have wanted to be the cause of you hurting yourself by drinking. He was too good a friend to want that to happen. I'm glad you shared this pain with us, I hope it eases up a bit soon. We'll all be reunited one day.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:28 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

When I lost my Cockatiel SR was here for me.
When I moved with my 2 cats and little bird,
SR was here for me.

In fact SR has been through almost every
aspect of my life, good and bad.

I know I never have to go through
anything in my life by myself or alone.

For that, you and SR I am truely
grateful.

Like Anna shared with us about Rainbow
Bridge, I know my animals, when they
pass on, they will be in an awesome
place. Running, playfully playing....
with no aches and pains.

And we'll be reunited one day together
again.

Remember the only thing no one can
take away is the wonderful memories
we have of our loved ones. They
make us smile and warm our hearts.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:55 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Thriving sober since 12/18/08

I'm so sorry to hear about this. I know that this would be one of those "brings me to my knees" life moments, and a true test of my resolve, as I'm sure it is for you. Stay strong, treat yourself kindly and with gentleness. My thoughts really go out to you, I'm sure you have really cool memories of your buddy. He (or she) would be comforting you if it were possible, just bask in the memories and love that you shared.
Old 02-26-2009, 04:56 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

such wonderful people- i am still in a lot of pain: he walked over to me and looked at me with those wonderful eyes and 30 minutes later stopped breathing- but i guess sooner or later i will accept it. i said it before- it feels like someone punched me in the chest. physically// i have never felt this bad. love to you all/ what a great bunch of people. Ill get better ..........
Old 02-26-2009, 04:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

sorry to hear about your loss.. stay strong..
Old 02-26-2009, 05:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
peaceful seabird

I'm so sorry for your loss.

Peace and hugs to you.
Old 02-26-2009, 05:15 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
JUST DO IT!!

So Sorry for your loss! I just lost my Sister last week and know how hard it must be for you right now. I will keep you in my thoughts :ghug
Old 02-26-2009, 05:22 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
The Long Climb

I am so sorry for your loss. I have been there - it's tough.

You are strong. You are coping with this without resorting to the drink - good for you. This will pass, just keep it up.

You have my deepest condolences....
Old 02-26-2009, 05:34 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I am sorry about your Golden Retriever. May he rest in doggie heaven. I have two dogs that are going on 9 and I dread when their time comes.

I've finished reading Marley and Me and it was so sad.

I hope you get through this OK.

E
Old 02-26-2009, 06:31 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I am so very sorry.I have a 5 year old retriever-Merlin and he is my heart.I do understand.There's really no words that suffice....but maybe you might take some comfort in this too.It's an animated version of the poem Anna posted for you.It always makes me cry-but it also makes me smile and gives me hope that one day we will be reunited.

The Rainbow Bridge

My thoughts are with you,

Julesxox