Notices

14yrs using, a lifetime ahead!!!!

Old 02-24-2009, 03:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Post 14yrs using, a lifetime ahead!!!!

Newbie Here, Hello to all.....
Just a little of my battle....I've been sober from the drinks for a month short of 3 yrs, decided that was enough after my second impaired charge. How quickly that was replased with somthing else. Oxycontin became my new drug of choice and how quickly that took hold of me from my non exsisting balls.
The past year my life has been very empty, it was me, myself and my addiction. How my tolerance built, and everyday was like I needed more, what would the cap of been on me? I'm not sure, but everytime I used I felt like it was killing me more. The last 2 months of using, I was sitting alone injecting the poison into me, against all morals it didn't stop me....
Daily a close family member would come visit me, my mom, and before she left, she would leave behind a number to an addiction center. She'd leave the number on my computer, fridge, on top of my shoes, everywhere and anywhere for about a year, and everytime I seen it I would throw it away with frustration.
Until oneday sitting alone I broke down inside, I couldn't handle the exhausting life I was living, and I new deep inside if it wasen't at that moment, it was never. I called suddenly without hesitation, and had an appointment the next day, and signed myself into a hospital for a medical detox!! 22 there, I've now been home for one week, and awaiting March 6th, where I'll be entering a 3 week in-stay facility, its very 12 step, very structured days!!!!
So I'm now one month clean!! mentaly trying to stay focused, but WOW!!! The last month has been nothing but krazy rough, thats a whole thread of its own!! I feel stronger than ever, but at the same time weaker than ever too.
Old 02-24-2009, 06:28 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Resident

Welcome Brenda. It is good your mother is so concerned with you and has helped you get back on the straight and narrow. Good luck with the program.
If you need to vent or talk or just read other peoples story someone will always be here to support you.
Old 02-24-2009, 08:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Brenda, welcome to SR! It's nice that your mother was concerned enough to keep putting the thought of getting help in your head until you gave in. You've definitely come to a great place for support and encouragement here at SR! Keep reading and posting and you'll find a ton of great people who truly care and want to encourage you to have a better life for yourself.
Wes
Old 02-24-2009, 09:15 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Brendabee,
I'm glad you are here. Enjoy your new journey, my friend!